Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 954367 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2190 on: October 06, 2015, 10:09:20 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Just saw Martian.  Didn't think it was "my" kind of movie and wanted to see something else instead.  Short story...loved it.  Well written, well acted and very interesting and entertaining.  Did I say "I loved it!"?  I really did!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2191 on: October 11, 2015, 01:58:09 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sicario. Very highly recommend it. Places a floodlight on issues surrounding the Mexican drug war (and the influence of drugs within the US), and really makes you think. May start off a bit slow for some, but it is a strong plot with very good acting. Benicio Del Toro was incredible.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2192 on: October 11, 2015, 03:41:26 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sicario. Very highly recommend it. Places a floodlight on issues surrounding the Mexican drug war (and the influence of drugs within the US), and really makes you think. May start off a bit slow for some, but it is a strong plot with very good acting. Benicio Del Toro was incredible.
ive never been a big fan of benicio del toro, but man he was awesome in it.  So much presence. I knew nothing about Sicario going into it.  It was intense.  Really good movie.

« Reply #2193 on: October 11, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just watched Straight Outta Compton.

And now I'm listening to NWA on Spotify ;D
My uncle was Eazy-E's publicist back in the day.  His "final words" (they read them towards the end of the movie) were written by my uncle. 

Jerry Heller (the real-life manager played by Paul Giamatti in the film) told my uncle's widow she was lucky my uncle wasn't represented in the film, because jerry felt like they made him look like a real a*hole and probably would have done the same with my uncle.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:51:52 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #2194 on: October 11, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Saw avengers 2. Not bad but wasn't very good either. Too much of the same. And is it me or black widow can't get any avenger action. Cap, Stark, Bruce, Hawkeye all have a thing but nothing gets serious. It's very silly to have her as a romantic story with all of them. If they have to have a romance they could of had a  Wonderman and Wanda love story, after all it was a move with ultron and vision. Also felt Ultron without pym was a let down only two easter eggs to pym that I noticed.

« Reply #2195 on: October 11, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Saw Black Mass, started to watch the intern but ran out of time so will have to watch that again later.  Might have to see the Martian based on recommendation above.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #2196 on: October 11, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Guest.

Matthew Crawley from Downton Abbey with a mostly believable American accent going HAM on a sleepy town in nowhere, America.

I enjoyed it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2197 on: October 11, 2015, 01:46:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dick Tracy.

God what an underrated classic.

« Reply #2198 on: October 11, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Dick Tracy.

God what an underrated classic.

I remember seeing that the day it came out in theaters, great movie.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #2199 on: October 11, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The Martian

We really enjoyed it.

« Reply #2200 on: October 11, 2015, 03:32:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
ive never been a big fan of benicio del toro, but man he was awesome in it.  So much presence. I knew nothing about Sicario going into it.  It was intense.  Really good movie.

Same, I think I enjoyed it even more because I wasn't sure what to expect.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2201 on: October 19, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Watched "Frank" on Netflix this weekend.   Basically a comedy/drama about a keyboard player with songwriter's block who joins a weird space-rock band led by a guy who always wears a giant papier-mache head.  Michael Fassbender is Frank and does a terrific acting job for having his face covered the bulk of the movie.  I really enjoyed it, though not in a way that's easy to explain.  Worth a look.

« Reply #2202 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've wanted to see Frank for a while.  Michael Fassbender is one of my favorite actors.

Another of my favorite actors is Mark Duplass.

I watched "Creep" this weekend, featuring Mark Duplass as the titular creep.  It was fun.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2203 on: October 21, 2015, 08:59:06 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
"Bridge of Spies."   Really good film in the tradition of "Finding Private Ryan.  The combo of Spielbergand Hanks is always a winner.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2204 on: October 25, 2015, 09:45:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
saw the Loft.  not bad but almost entire cast were portrayed as a bunch of scumbags.  twists in plot were not completely transparent so not too bad