Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 945375 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2100 on: March 03, 2015, 06:56:09 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Fury. Another awesome movie.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2101 on: March 03, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Whiplash. it was amazing.
Totally... Whiplash was great.   My girlfriend and I go to the movies at least once a week and that was definitely one of my 5 favorite movies of 2014.

« Reply #2102 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Kingsman.

Watched it twice now, and planning on watching it again with other friends. Very entertaining. There's one scene in the movie that I just can't get enough off.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2103 on: March 03, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Kingsman.

Watched it twice now, and planning on watching it again with other friends. Very entertaining. There's one scene in the movie that I just can't get enough off.
I've seen it twice too.  A lot of fun.  As soon as it ended I said to myself, 'Man... that was pretty similar style to Kick-Ass... wait... was that directed by the same guy? (look it up on my phone)... Yup!... makes sense".    Entertaining movie.  Pretty over-the-top violent at times.  If people liked Kick-Ass, they'd like Kingsman.  Some might find it gratuitous.  Not everyone would like it.  But as an over-the-top homage to old spy movies, it's solid.

« Reply #2104 on: March 03, 2015, 07:03:23 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
American Sniper and Whiplash.

Both very good and Oscar-worthy.

« Reply #2105 on: March 03, 2015, 07:06:15 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
American Sniper and Whiplash.

Both very good and Oscar-worthy.

Still needa watch Sniper. Just got Foxcatcher from the Redbox. Bout to pop it in now.

Also, I highly recommend Nightcrawler for anyone who haven't seen it yet. Gyllenhaal kills his role and its a very unique plot.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2106 on: March 03, 2015, 07:09:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Kingsman.

I've seen it twice too.  A lot of fun.  As soon as it ended I said to myself, 'Man... that was pretty similar style to Kick-Ass... wait... was that directed by the same guy? (look it up on my phone)... Yup!... makes sense".    Entertaining movie.  Pretty over-the-top violent at times.  If people liked Kick-Ass, they'd like Kingsman.  Some might find it gratuitous.  Not everyone would like it.  But as an over-the-top homage to old spy movies, it's solid.

I have two words to hype this movie to people who hasn't seen it yet.

Church scene.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2107 on: March 03, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
The Imitation Game was excellent; I've seen it twice. If it weren't for Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything literally acting out motor-neuron discease, Cumberpatch would've been an Oscar favorite, if not runaway.

In a nutshell, socially awkward/scarred genius helps break Nazi encription code and win WW2. Based on a true story and only coming out recently because: 1) England kept the discovery under wraps so they had an advantage in any future war 2) Turing (the main characcter) committed suicide because he was illegally homosexual and couldn't stand the hormone treatments.

« Reply #2108 on: March 03, 2015, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
American Sniper

Well done ...

Bit too sad for my tastes .....I go,to he movies to feel good ....not come away all,down.

Still. ...very adult movie , lots of character development and plot ......not recommended for spas mode teens

« Reply #2109 on: March 03, 2015, 08:01:20 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
What We Do in the Shadows.  It's by the Flight of the Concords guys - it was really good!

« Reply #2110 on: March 03, 2015, 08:14:15 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
What We Do in the Shadows.  It's by the Flight of the Concords guys - it was really good!

I saw it! Hilarious movie. I've seen too many good movies recently to list just one, but the best movies I've seen recently have to be Nightcrawler, Whiplash, Birdman.

« Reply #2111 on: March 03, 2015, 08:29:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Kingsman.

I have two words to hype this movie to people who hasn't seen it yet.

Church scene.
I gotta say the final visual in the movie (before post-credits scene) is a bold way to finish. 

« Reply #2112 on: March 03, 2015, 08:46:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Imitation Game was excellent; I've seen it twice. If it weren't for Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything literally acting out motor-neuron discease, Cumberpatch would've been an Oscar favorite, if not runaway.

In a nutshell, socially awkward/scarred genius helps break Nazi encription code and win WW2. Based on a true story and only coming out recently because: 1) England kept the discovery under wraps so they had an advantage in any future war 2) Turing (the main characcter) committed suicide because he was illegally homosexual and couldn't stand the hormone treatments.

Agree, I saw this awhile ago in the theatre.  Very good and interesting spy story.

« Reply #2113 on: March 03, 2015, 10:19:20 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
Half Baked and How High w/ Method Man and Redman.

« Reply #2114 on: March 07, 2015, 04:09:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Has anyone watched St. Vincent with Bill Murray and McCarthy? Looking for a family movie to watch tonight.