Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948599 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2370 on: September 25, 2016, 02:27:23 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Last movies I saw in theaters were War dogs, and Sausage Party. War Dogs has become one of my favorite comedies of all time.

« Reply #2371 on: September 25, 2016, 03:46:20 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Naw. It made too much money, dude. You're way off. It's obvious you really hate the movie.  But it's over. Good news is you don't have to see it again. Everything is going to be ok. Lol
lol why are you even talking about it?  You have not seen either movie.  Your opinion on it is worthless.  Either trust me when I say suicide squad is garbage, or remove yourself from ignorance, watch the movie, and form a legitimate opinion. 

I bet you a dozen tommy points if you watch guardians of the Galaxy and suicide squad, it will be abundantly clear to you that guardians is a superior and far more entertaining movie.   It's not like one is more "adult" than the other.  Suicide Squad is a campy cartoonish mess.  You clearly aren't a huge comic fan so you're not going to have a pro-DC bias going into it.  I really find it unfathomable that someone with half a brain and no bias would prefer Squad to Guardians.  It really isn't possible.

It's like comparing Blake Griffin to Jordan Mickey.   You might not love Blake but it's abundantly clear one is vastly superior to the other.  Sure, you mind find a complete homer who would swear Jordan mickey is better, but for someone without bias to make that claim they'd basically have to defy all human logic.
Have seen suicide squad. Somewhat entertaining but flawed for sure. Still, people liked it. From what I hear it's a bigger success. But thanks for the ignorant comment. It seems consistent with your drive to annoy people on here I've noticed.
  You're right. I'm not a comic book fan. These comments like half a brain and such over movie opinions are just weird. People like what they like. You gotta come  to grips with it and should learn to not insult people for what they like but I know it's kind of your thing a lot here.
  I can't believe I'm taking the time on this but " the artist" won best picture didn't it. Citizen Kane was boring as heck to me and to others. Yet these movies are regarded as great. Opinions dude.
  I can't believe anyone posts so much on something they DON't like and seen actually upset that people like what they don't. I find this all so weird.

« Reply #2372 on: September 25, 2016, 03:48:01 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
" Remove yourself from ignorance". Lol. Who talks to people like that? Weird dude.

« Reply #2373 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Z

« Reply #2374 on: September 25, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Naw. It made too much money, dude. You're way off. It's obvious you really hate the movie.  But it's over. Good news is you don't have to see it again. Everything is going to be ok. Lol
lol why are you even talking about it?  You have not seen either movie.  Your opinion on it is worthless.  Either trust me when I say suicide squad is garbage, or remove yourself from ignorance, watch the movie, and form a legitimate opinion. 

I bet you a dozen tommy points if you watch guardians of the Galaxy and suicide squad, it will be abundantly clear to you that guardians is a superior and far more entertaining movie.   It's not like one is more "adult" than the other.  Suicide Squad is a campy cartoonish mess.  You clearly aren't a huge comic fan so you're not going to have a pro-DC bias going into it.  I really find it unfathomable that someone with half a brain and no bias would prefer Squad to Guardians.  It really isn't possible.

It's like comparing Blake Griffin to Jordan Mickey.   You might not love Blake but it's abundantly clear one is vastly superior to the other.  Sure, you mind find a complete homer who would swear Jordan mickey is better, but for someone without bias to make that claim they'd basically have to defy all human logic.
Have seen suicide squad. Somewhat entertaining but flawed for sure.
Wait... you've actually seen it?... and you... liked it?

Well that explains a lot.  You're one of those people.

« Reply #2375 on: September 25, 2016, 05:52:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Last movies I saw in theaters were War dogs, and Sausage Party. War Dogs has become one of my favorite comedies of all time.
Lol Tp

« Reply #2376 on: September 25, 2016, 06:23:49 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

Have seen suicide squad. Somewhat entertaining but flawed for sure.
Wait... you've actually seen it?... and you... liked it?

Well that explains a lot.  You're one of those people.
Didn't say whether I did or didn't. There you go assuming things again and being weird. Lol

« Reply #2377 on: October 02, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
finally saw Captain America: Civil War.  thought it was very good.  didn't have the usual number of lighthearted moments thrown in like most Marvel movies.  could have used a couple more of them but overall, well done movie

« Reply #2378 on: October 02, 2016, 10:20:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
finally saw Captain America: Civil War.  thought it was very good.  didn't have the usual number of lighthearted moments thrown in like most Marvel movies.  could have used a couple more of them but overall, well done movie
It was full of them.

« Reply #2379 on: October 03, 2016, 03:41:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Had to blast through a handful of duds to maintain our premium membership at the luxury theater.  Quick takes:

"Morgan" - Pretty weak.  Predictable.  Not surprised the director is the son of Ridley Scott ... the Blade Runner influence was there, in a bad way.   This movie is basically a Homeless Man's "Ex Machina".

"Sully" - Not, bad actually.  Pretty watchable.  It didn't head into the cliched over-dramatized territory I expected it to head into.  For the most part, it was a pretty grounded and straight-forward story. 

"Snowden" - Kind of forgettable. 

"The Magnificent Seven" - This might be a rare case where I kind of disagree with the critical consensus.  It has like a 55/100 on Metacritic.  I understand that.  There's nothing original about it.  It covers familiar ground.  But if you're into classic Westerns, it's pretty fun.  Nice action scenes.  Likeable characters.  You can do worse than "Denzel and Pratt Head West".

"Storks" - It had some funny moments.  Nicholas Stoller has done some decent comedies.  Pretty generic animated kids movie, though.  It's not as good as something like "Zootopia" or "Lego Movie", but it's somewhere on the spectrum between "Hotel Transylvania" and "Kung Fu Panda 3". 

"Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" - It's like Tim Burton really wanted to make an X-Men movie or something.  There's enough visually interesting things here to make it watchable, but the writing is a bit sloppy and the ending is a giant mess.  In line with most of Burton's recent work.

« Reply #2380 on: October 03, 2016, 02:17:34 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Watched "Life of Pi" again, on cable this time.  Have to sat it is of my top five favorite movies.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2381 on: October 03, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Watched "Life of Pi" again, on cable this time.  Have to sat it is of my top five favorite movies.
That movie had some interesting commentary on religion.  People will interpret it different ways, but the message seemed to be "ignorance is bliss".

« Reply #2382 on: October 03, 2016, 04:57:31 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Just watched "In Bruges" recently, and I really liked it.

Part of that may have been all of the accents, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2383 on: October 03, 2016, 05:32:24 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Re-watched Batman Begins for the first time in years. Funny how well that movie still holds up now compared to some of the other comic book movies released around that time, like the first Spider-man movie. That movie has not aged well at all. It's not that it's not enjoyable. It's that it's really stupid.

« Reply #2384 on: October 03, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Larbrd33' sometimes fiction is more entertaining than reality.  🙄 (But I maybe ignorant and blissful...☺️).
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!