Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948482 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2205 on: November 20, 2015, 10:22:05 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Saw Spy with Melissa Mccarthy.  Best movie she's done so far.  it was pretty entertaining.  Funny to see Jason Statham show a humorous side.

« Reply #2206 on: November 20, 2015, 10:30:15 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I watched recently a german comedy  (seriously !!!!) I don`t know if you can get this movie in the US though but i found it pretty funny

It`s called "Er is wieder da" (he is here again) ... Hitler is not dead and he wakes up somewhere in modern Berlin

« Reply #2207 on: November 20, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
V for Vendetta on the 5th.

Oh man, I just realized it's been a couple weeks since I've had time to watch a movie, and probably won't watch any until my family's annual watching of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles next week
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2208 on: November 20, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I watched recently a german comedy  (seriously !!!!) I don`t know if you can get this movie in the US though but i found it pretty funny

It`s called "Er is wieder da" (he is here again) ... Hitler is not dead and he wakes up somewhere in modern Berlin
comedy is not the genre I would have expected for that topic. 

« Reply #2209 on: November 27, 2015, 06:07:42 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Harold and Maude (1971)

Funny, tragic, weird and heartwarming. Love that legendary modified Jaguar E-Type too.

Definitely worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067185/

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:14:56 PM by sahara »

« Reply #2210 on: November 27, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
just saw Dumb and Dumber To. 

I know, low expectations for this movie were to be expected.  the previews looked dumb (well, I suppose that would be a 'duh' considering the title) but I recorded it off HBO figuring, eh, I liked the first so how bad could this one be since it's done by the Farrelly Brothers who I really like.

DEAR GOD, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, AVOID THIS MOVIE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!

My opinion of the Farrelly Brothers has dropped so much that I have gone from being a borderline fanboy to seriously doubting I'll watch another one of their movies again.  No wonder Jeff Daniels looked miserable doing the promo/talk show tour for this bomb.

I think this is in my top 3 of all-time horrendous sequels ever.
1. Caddyshack II
2. Predator II
3. Dumb and Dumber To

Rant Over.

I was discussing this with my roommates. Comedy sequels more often than not suck. Of course that's how things usually go with sequels but comedies in particular stand out to me. Especially nowadays. I didn't see Dumb and Dumber 2 but heard it was awful. I couldn't make it through Anchorman 2 and I don't understand how it got good reviews. That movie was horrendously bad. I heard Pitch Perfect 2 wasn't bad but more of the same. Sequels kind of have a trap game to them. They have to continue the storyline but in order to be good have to avoid repeating the same formula. That's why I like Shrek 2 so much, kind of meh on Home Alone 2 (Not bad just the same movie), and admired Meet the Fockers effort (They tried to be different, but it's still pretty bad).

It's for this reason that I'm tempering my expectations for Zoolander 2 given that we've seen sequels being produced years after the original like Anchorman and Dumb and Dumber that are horrible.

« Reply #2211 on: November 27, 2015, 06:52:51 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Oh and the last movie I watched was Shattered Glass. Great movie detailing the rise and fall of Stephen Glass. And it's also living proof that Hayden Christensen (aka Anakin Skywalker) can act, and his awful performance in the Star Wars prequels was George Lucas' fault more than his. Come on, everyone's performance outside of Ewan McGregor and Ian McDermid was pretty bad.

By the way who's excited for The Force Awakens?

« Reply #2212 on: November 27, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
just saw Dumb and Dumber To. 

I know, low expectations for this movie were to be expected.  the previews looked dumb (well, I suppose that would be a 'duh' considering the title) but I recorded it off HBO figuring, eh, I liked the first so how bad could this one be since it's done by the Farrelly Brothers who I really like.

DEAR GOD, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, AVOID THIS MOVIE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!

My opinion of the Farrelly Brothers has dropped so much that I have gone from being a borderline fanboy to seriously doubting I'll watch another one of their movies again.  No wonder Jeff Daniels looked miserable doing the promo/talk show tour for this bomb.

I think this is in my top 3 of all-time horrendous sequels ever.
1. Caddyshack II
2. Predator II
3. Dumb and Dumber To

Rant Over.

I was discussing this with my roommates. Comedy sequels more often than not suck. Of course that's how things usually go with sequels but comedies in particular stand out to me. Especially nowadays. I didn't see Dumb and Dumber 2 but heard it was awful. I couldn't make it through Anchorman 2 and I don't understand how it got good reviews. That movie was horrendously bad. I heard Pitch Perfect 2 wasn't bad but more of the same. Sequels kind of have a trap game to them. They have to continue the storyline but in order to be good have to avoid repeating the same formula. That's why I like Shrek 2 so much, kind of meh on Home Alone 2 (Not bad just the same movie), and admired Meet the Fockers effort (They tried to be different, but it's still pretty bad).

It's for this reason that I'm tempering my expectations for Zoolander 2 given that we've seen sequels being produced years after the original like Anchorman and Dumb and Dumber that are horrible.

Ah man, I just saw Caddyshack II a couple of weeks ago. First IŽd hug Dan Aykroyd for Ghostbusters and after that IŽd punch him for Caddyshack II. Predator II is meh and I think IŽll avoid Dumb and Dumber To.

« Reply #2213 on: November 27, 2015, 07:13:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
just saw Spectre (theater) and San Andreas (DVD).

Spectre was excellent Bond material.  felt a bit long but definitely worth seeing if you like Bond. 

San Andreas -- about what you'd expect from a Rock action movie.  probably just me but I was a bit miffed a search and rescue leader just commandeered his chopper to go looking for family members.  I mean, I get it from a family sense but still didn't like it.

« Reply #2214 on: November 27, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
"Creed".  It was awesome.  Worthy addition to the Rocky mythos.  Right up there with the best of them.

« Reply #2215 on: December 12, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
We saw "Creed" tonight.  I enjoyed it.  The acting was good, the fight scenes were good and it carried on the "Rocky" legacy.  I did think the story was very predictable, though, but almost everything had been done before...

Looking forward to seeing the new James Bond movie, and the new Star Wars movie.   I also want to see "13 Hours"...has anyone seen it, and is it worth seeing?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2216 on: December 18, 2015, 12:28:25 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Force Awakens

« Reply #2217 on: December 18, 2015, 12:37:19 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I just saw Force Awakens too.  I was very excited that it met my high expectations for it.

« Reply #2218 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:54 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Recently saw Room. It was closely based on the novel and very moving. Acquired taste, most may not have heard of it, but it's the story of a woman and her son held captive in a man's shed for 5 years (and 2 more for the woman) and their acclimation to the real world after escape. Pretty ingenius in that the story was told from the boy's perspective.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2219 on: January 07, 2016, 09:20:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
finally saw Birdman after being on my DVR for about a year.  can see why Keaton got good reviews.