Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 958505 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2130 on: May 01, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
My Old Lady.   A writer who has lost everything finds that his estranged father has left him an apartment in Paris.  With his last dollar, he goes to Paris to claim it.  He finds that his father's elderly  lover lives in the apartment, and, under French law, she is entitled to remain until her death.  She is British and has a school which teaches the French to speak English.

This is a story of two self involved people whose business is communication, and how neither has any idea of the other's story, or how to bridge the gap...despite being civilized. Communication Fail?  Excellent movie.  Maggie Smith was the old lady...I have never seen her in a bad performance.

A trip to Paris only cost him a dollar? ;) :o ;D

Ha!  Good thing I am not in the business of communication.....????
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2131 on: May 01, 2015, 07:12:27 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Avengers: Age of Ultron. Went to the midnight premiere last night. Great movie. It lived up to expectations but it didn't exceed them like the first one did. My one gripe is the fact that the title implies that its all about Ultron but the issue is Ultron doesn't have enough time or development. Thats my only gripe though off the top of my head.

Otherwise, great movie. I give it a solid 92/100.

« Reply #2132 on: May 01, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Avengers: Age of Ultron. Went to the midnight premiere last night. Great movie. It lived up to expectations but it didn't exceed them like the first one did. My one gripe is the fact that the title implies that its all about Ultron but the issue is Ultron doesn't have enough time or development. Thats my only gripe though off the top of my head.

Otherwise, great movie. I give it a solid 92/100.

Just saw it a while ago, and I agree with the Ultron sentiment, but overall I think they did a pretty good job making him look like a very tough foe.

And, I mean, this is how we imagine comic book stories are in live action, and they absolutely got the magic yet again.

A little of topic to Age of Ultron:

The best part of the movie is when the movie haven't even started yet. The new Star Wars trailer was shown (and I watched it on IMAX so it's much more epic) and you can literally hear everyone drooling, all while yelling and clapping.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2133 on: May 01, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I saw "The Imitation Game" this afternoon.  Excellent movie...highly recommend.  About Alan Turing, a mathematics prodigy, probably the father of the computer, and his quest to break the Enigma code in WWII.  He and his cohorts finally did break it, but it was a top secret mission that remained secret for 50 years.  He was accused and convicted of indecency, a criminal offense in Britain at the time, and committed suicide shortly after.  Fascinating story of early computing technology.  Snapshot of social mores...and how far we have...and have not...come.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2134 on: May 17, 2015, 05:56:48 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I cannot be effusive enough in my praise for "Ex Machina."  Fantastic film about A.I. and all its attendant implications.  Easily the best American film since "Inception" IMHO. 

« Reply #2135 on: May 17, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Danny Collins....great cast and movie

« Reply #2136 on: July 25, 2015, 02:01:30 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #2137 on: July 25, 2015, 02:11:15 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Gangsta...

« Reply #2138 on: July 25, 2015, 02:14:00 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Saw, "Red belt" again the other day. Love the movie.

« Reply #2139 on: July 25, 2015, 02:14:30 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Great movie. One of my favorite Ford/Wayne films along with the Seachers, and The Quiet Man.

« Reply #2140 on: July 25, 2015, 02:16:10 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I saw Southpaw tonight and it was incredible if you're into that type of a movie.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2141 on: July 25, 2015, 02:40:56 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Spy with Melissa McCarthy with a lot of foils. Lots of funny moments.  Very profane. Not for kids or those easily offended. After the bomb Tammy, which was beyond awful, thought she might be a one trick pony.

Ex Machina which is thought provoking sci-fi which you think a lot about the implications of AI and the development of robots. Liked it a lot.

Woman in Gold about art during WW2 that was seized by the Nazis and not given back by Austria to it's rightful owner. Any serious movie with Nazis in it is going to have depressing scenes. Mirren was good as always, but the true story (not the move) is frustrating. Not for kids or dates, I'd rate it below the other two as far as entertainment, but it's informative.

Been a very slow year so far for movies for me. I usually see a lot.

« Reply #2142 on: July 25, 2015, 02:48:40 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Oh yeah, left off Sharknado 3. The acting, special effects, and screenwriting surpasses any other SyFy channel production. Sure to be another cult classic.

« Reply #2143 on: July 25, 2015, 02:53:23 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Spy with Melissa McCarthy with a lot of foils. Lots of funny moments.  Very profane. Not for kids or those easily offended. After the bomb Tammy, which was beyond awful, thought she might be a one trick pony.

Big fan of Spy, made for a great movie night. Though I'll never admit it was my idea. :P
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2144 on: July 25, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Great movie. One of my favorite Ford/Wayne films along with the Seachers, and The Quiet Man.

This is probably my favorite Wayne movie, and it's near the top for Stewart, too. I love this movie.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes