Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 945413 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1755 on: November 24, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Thanksgiving is over so in our family it's time for the holiday season. We brought it in with Christmas Vacation and Home Alone. Two classic favorites for me where I've almost gotten the words right to both movies all the way through.

Look what ya did, ya little jerk!!

TP... One for being funny. Two for uncle frank being my best friends actual uncle.

« Reply #1756 on: November 24, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I went to go see Lincoln last weekend.  Someone set off the fire alarm, and it was such a cluster there that we went home and watched Defiant (which was OK).  I went again Wednesday night to go see Argo, but the theater wasn't showing it at the posted time (which irks me).  I saw Life of Pi instead (which was decent).  I thought they could have been a little more subtle with the message, but it was an interesting story.

I also watched Hancock for the first time since it was in the theaters.  A fun one.
Yup

« Reply #1757 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:10 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Saw "Skyfall" today.  I am old school, and there will never be as good a Bond as Sean Connery.

However, I really enjoyed the movie. It was more old fashiooned Bond than new "action movie" genre, although there was enough things blowing up to make it interesing.   A few fun bits...they brought back the Astin Martin, and music from old Bond films. Dame Judi Dench is my current favorite actress...automatically love anything she appears in.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1758 on: December 02, 2012, 08:38:36 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Sherlock Holmes. I found it a lot better the second time around for some reason. I remember being disappointed in the theatre.

I'm getting wicked pumped for The Dark Knight Rises on Tuesday though!

« Reply #1759 on: December 02, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »

Kiorrik

Looper

Good movie, looks like it might just become a decent new franchise, but the ending was terrible. I do understand how the subject matter will always be tricky when it comes to consistency and plot-holes, but these were pretty darn major.

Note that I normally try to look at what seems like a plot-hole and try to explain it by leaving certain "facts" implied, but there were a few decisions made by the writers/director that were just plain wrong.

The sudden ending was crying shame, but I'd 100% recommend it to anyone who likes a good movie.

« Reply #1760 on: December 02, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »

Kiorrik

Where the Wilds Things Are

Gotta be in the right mood to watch this one. Tough movie for me to critique. I want to love it for so many reasons, but at the same time I point out so many reasons why I should absolutely hate it, but I dont hate it, I really like it...

Wow. Confusing eh?

Also rewatched Paul again. I freakin' love this movie. Cracks me up everytime. Kristen Wiig steals the scenes that she is in and I love what Pegg and Frost bring to the comedy world.
Bah, have to rewatch "Where the wild things are".

I've seen 80% of it some time ago (missed the start) and was really impressed by the young fella and the storyline. It has some slow moments, but I found the film a very intriguing ride.

(ps.: Paul is indeed awesome)

« Reply #1761 on: December 18, 2012, 06:04:04 AM »

Offline Caribbean

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
The Hobbit 8/10.
Favorite parts were the Dwarven hold, and the bro mountains who may have been drunk.

« Reply #1762 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:16 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
Back to the Future. Just bought the DVD on sale and watched it front to back, rather than the bits and pieces I see on TV 800 times a year. What a classic classic movie. One of my favorites for sure, how can it not be?

« Reply #1763 on: December 21, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Killing Them Softly.  I hated it so bad that I hoped that every single character in it was killed. 

« Reply #1764 on: December 21, 2012, 10:46:07 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
i love sci-fi movies... I recently watched:

Priest, The Island, mysterious island, jumper & Gamer.

When are they going to male a real "Jetson Movie" like real life & not Anime. I love futuristic flicks. If you know any please post.

« Reply #1765 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:48 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
i love sci-fi movies... I recently watched:

Priest, The Island, mysterious island, jumper & Gamer.

When are they going to male a real "Jetson Movie" like real life & not Anime. I love futuristic flicks. If you know any please post.

Apparently you may get your wish sometime in the near future. Looks like its in development (apparently has been for quite sometime).

But it looks as if there are new writers editing an updated version of the script and the production company is looking to make it a go.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Live-Action-Jetsons-Movie-Still-Works-Writer-Hired-29309.html

« Reply #1766 on: December 21, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Hobbit 2D - Not quite in the LOTR class, but still very entertaining and suitable for kids too.

Anna Karenina - Critics have the movie pretty well pegged. Good director took a gamble with mixed results and the male lead is miscast. Chick flick for the art house it was my ticket out of the doghouse for watching too much sports lately.

Lawless - Pretty good, based-on-fact story with a good cast. Violent. Jessica Chastain looked real good to me.

Road to Perdition - Seen, it before, but it's growing on me.  Graphic novel brought to screen.  Very strong visually with a great cast.

« Reply #1767 on: December 21, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Prometheus and Total Recall (Colin Farrell version).

Prometheus wasn't bad.  wasn't great either.  explains the origins of the alien in the Aliens movies.

Total Recall -- pass on this.  lots of special effects but story was blech.  Original with Arnold was so much better.  the only good thing that came out of this was watching Jessica Biel and Kate Beckinsale fighting over a guy--helped provide some very good dreams last night ;)

« Reply #1768 on: December 21, 2012, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Running Man, and I love that movie.

"What happened to Buzzsaw?"
"He had to split."

(CUZ I FREAKING CUT HIM IN HALF WITH A CHAINSAW!!!!)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1769 on: December 21, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I watched Ted the other night. Didn't really know what to expect, but I must admit my wife and I laughed our butts off. It was really dumb humor, but really funny. Of course I'm a big fan of Family Guy, so I guess that explains it.