Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948654 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1650 on: September 03, 2012, 09:04:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hunger Games...just an evil film

very much so

« Reply #1651 on: September 03, 2012, 09:06:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
is that a good thing or bad thing?  it's next on my Netflix queue

« Reply #1652 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Watched Risky Business on Saturday for the first time.  Geez, Tom Cruise looked young!

« Reply #1653 on: September 17, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The Loved Ones

Oh man. 4.5 starts out of 5. It is like Misery and Fear (Mark Wahlberg, crazy stalker movie) had a kid and sent it to the prom. This movie is a horror movie, is a gore movie, but man, is it good. They set you up for a sexually charged teen angsty stalker movie but it gets sooo dark, and it keeps switching directions on you so what you think will happen, doesn't, then it does, but not when you thought it would.

It got a 97% on rotten tomatoes from critics, and unless this type of movie's whole premise will turn you off (and for some, it will. Especially older or more conservative audiences), you will not be able to look away or dismiss it once you're done, but it won't haunt you, it's more like a scary rollercoaster, than a movie like Hostel that creeps you out every time you see someone's Achilles outlined. And it doesn't rely on torture or gore like Saw does to shock audiences, as Hannibal would say, "That....is incidental."

Wow this movie is whacked, man. Just wow. Frontal lobotomies, dark humor, crazy deranged villian...so worth it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1654 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:55 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Prometheus - the effects were good. but i was expecting a lot more punch from the storyline - got a little bit boring somewhere in the middle. I hope they do a part II for this movie. Where the lead character invades the Engineers' planet.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #1655 on: September 17, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Con Air

It really was awesome. I dont know if it's because of the absurd plotline, that literally everything blows up for no reason or Nicholas Cage's accent.

Scene to watch: Toward the end of the movie, Nick Cage gets shot in the arm and doesnt even flinch. I laughed for about 5 min and kept replaying it. Try not to crack a smile during that scene.

« Reply #1656 on: September 17, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Joe Dirt - don't bother unless it's on tv and you're in the mood to veg hard

« Reply #1657 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09:43 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
"The Grey"
2011, Director: Joe Carnahan

At the insistence of many I finally caught this thriller on Netflix two nights ago.  For those of the campy Liam Neeson action fan club, this is positively a must see.  Much like his outrages cult hit "Taken" in 2008, Neeson is a force of nature when he goes full-boar over-the-top, and this film relishes in it.  But unlike "Taken," "The Grey" really stays within itself, and features just enough adventurous storytelling devices to keep you in your seat for the whole film.  Best if taken with a grain of salt.  :)

"Drive"
2011, Director: Nicolas Winding Refn

I've had a bad taste in my mouth ever since I watched this rudderless ship crash into an iceberg for 2 hours - two hours I will never get back.  I don't even know what the director was going for - the piercing 80's outfits and soundtrack; the hypnotically repetitive montage-storytelling; the long scenes of actors staring at each other in expressionless silence; the shocking-and-awe splatter gore - all this without any semblance of pacing, plot structure or rhythm.

But even a broken watch is right twice a day, and to that end the film does feature a very exciting first 15 minutes.  My sincere recommendation to anyone who is contemplating watching would be to turn it off after the initial car chase scene, secure in the knowledge that nothing remotely that cool ever happens again. Don't say I didn't warn you.  >:(

« Reply #1658 on: September 18, 2012, 12:34:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
"The Grey"

At the insistence of many I finally caught this thriller on Netflix two nights ago.  For those of the campy Liam Neeson action fan club, this is positively a must see.  Much like his outrages cult hit "Taken" in 2008, Neeson is a force of nature when he goes full-boar over-the-top, and this film relishes in it.  But unlike "Taken," "The Grey" really stays within itself, and features just enough adventurous storytelling devices to keep you in your seat for the whole film.  Best if taken with a grain of salt.  :)

"Drive"

I've had a bad taste in my mouth ever since I watched this rudderless ship crash into an iceberg for 2 hours - two hours I will never get back.  I don't even know what the director was going for - the piercing 80's outfits and soundtrack; the hypnotically repetitive montage-storytelling; the long scenes of actors staring at each other in expressionless silence; the shocking-and-awe splatter gore - all this without any semblance of pacing, plot structure or rhythm.

But even a broken watch is right twice a day, and to that end the film does feature a very exciting first 15 minutes.  My sincere recommendation to anyone who is contemplating watching would be to turn it off after the initial car chase scene, secure in the knowledge that nothing remotely that cool ever happens again. Don't say I didn't warn you.  >:(

I thought drive was absolutely brilliant.

« Reply #1659 on: September 18, 2012, 12:37:14 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
"The Grey"

"Drive"

Well I think you're brilliant, please teach me :)

« Reply #1660 on: September 18, 2012, 03:31:53 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Drive really gave me a headache. I thought it was a cool movie, in the end it sucked IMHO
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #1661 on: September 18, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
saw it over the weekend finally.  it was much better than I expected. 

« Reply #1662 on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
saw it over the weekend finally.  it was much better than I expected.

Ya, its a pretty solid flick.  I still claim that I hate it so that I get brownie points with the GF for sitting through it, but its pretty decent.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #1663 on: September 18, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
"The Grey"

"Drive"

Well I think you're brilliant, please teach me :)

Why, thank you... TP for you.

« Reply #1664 on: September 18, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
Finding nemo 3d. Pixar is the best thing to happen to America since the cardio glide. Not a huge fan of 3d but animated movies in 3d are definitely working. Even though it is pretty much a mega scheme to rerelease these flicks at 13$ a ticket! (I mean really?!) it is still enjoyable and fun to revisit. The pictures and images were absolutely incredible
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:33:31 AM by pearljammer10 »