Author Topic: Cloverfield - 1:18:08 Thread  (Read 25566 times)

Re: Cloverfield - 1:18:08 Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2008, 11:10:34 AM »

Offline speedster

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
I've never had a worse moviegoing experience.  I'm among those who were affected by the motion sickness.  Unfortunately I didn't read any reviews first so I didn't know what I was walking into.  I would never have believed watching a movie could make me so nauseous... torture!

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2008, 04:23:48 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Nice find MGG!  I guess that answers the question as to weather there will be a sequel.
 I bet based on the success of the first one the budget will be higher for the next which I hope translates into more monster and less camera shake style.

Not necessarily, whatshisface - the director of Cloverfield is known to do this sometimes. (sorry...i'm a little bit foggy right now. bad headache.)

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
I saw this movie last week for $10.50.

Awful. Honestly, just hold the camera still  the whole movie, and this thing goes from a -6/10 to about a 3/10 maybe even better. And what an awful ending. just awful. I can't believe i didn't wait for it to come out on demand.

You know why Hitchcock, Spielberg and Scorsese all have in common? They have great advertising schemes to lure people into their piece of crap movies. Thats how they win all their oscars. Oh wait, that's how JJ Abrams makes no oscars.

AWFUL. Save your 10.50 and go to Walmarts bargin bin, and get the Demolition Man, Roadhouse combo DVD for like 3 fitty, and then go to Mcdonalds and get a 10 piece mcnugget; eat 7 nuggets and throw the rest out the window just cuz your a pimp and you don't care, then drop fitty cents in the homeless mans cup on your way home, and roll around on your bed on the 2 dollars you got left. Make the pimp decision.

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I saw this movie last week for $10.50.

Awful. Honestly, just hold the camera still  the whole movie, and this thing goes from a -6/10 to about a 3/10 maybe even better. And what an awful ending. just awful. I can't believe i didn't wait for it to come out on demand.

You know why Hitchcock, Spielberg and Scorsese all have in common? They have great advertising schemes to lure people into their piece of crap movies. Thats how they win all their oscars. Oh wait, that's how JJ Abrams makes no oscars.

AWFUL. Save your 10.50 and go to Walmarts bargin bin, and get the Demolition Man, Roadhouse combo DVD for like 3 fitty, and then go to Mcdonalds and get a 10 piece mcnugget; eat 7 nuggets and throw the rest out the window just cuz your a pimp and you don't care, then drop fitty cents in the homeless mans cup on your way home, and roll around on your bed on the 2 dollars you got left. Make the pimp decision.

After a long day of work, during which I was in a horrible mood, I didn't think my day would get any better...but that comment made me laugh so hard...thanks. You my friend get a tommy point.

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2008, 07:12:51 PM »

Offline All Star Matt Clement

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
after reading everyone panning this movie, i went over to Rottentomatoes expecting to see a low rating.....shocked, absolutely shocked, that it got a 74% fresh rating

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2008, 07:37:39 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

AWFUL. Save your 10.50 and go to Walmarts bargin bin, and get the Demolition Man, Roadhouse combo DVD for like 3 fitty,

Wait; there's a Demolition Man/Roadhouse combo dvd pack?  How did I not know about this?
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
It also, inexplicably, has an 8.1 on IMDB. There's no way on earth you can tell me this movie was better than Good Will Hunting, Magnolia, Gladiator, Deer Hunter, Trainspotting etc...

It will go down eventually once people get a chance to see it on DVD, like it does with most movies.

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I just watched it on DVD. Not terrible but not great. It's Blair Witch meets War of the Worlds. I give it 2.5 out of 4 stars.

PS- My wife got motion sickness watching it. The movie has the same effect on dvd as well.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2008, 03:10:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
my favroite parts about this movie that scream "i wish MST3K had gotten a shot at this"

1. Guy gets girl one time, and decides to throw life away to go back into the city and get her. This i can give ya, typical hollywood. but, all his friends, 2 of whom seem to hate said girl, are on board to? i'm sorry, if my best friend and I had escaped a horrable, city destroying monster, and he turned around and went "dude, you know that chick at the party i made it with once and dumped me? well i TOTALLY think there's a spark, I'm going back in for her, lets saddle up." i'd wish him luck and run away lol.

2. In the subway, when those little flea monsters that drop off the big guy attack, i love how kid with the camera watches that girl gt slaughtered, and just keeps the camera on her at all times. no though of helping, just got to get it on film hehe. Also, she saved him like 15 minutes before, and he's just like "i'd love to try to pull that thing off you or something, but this is great homevideo!"

3. on that subject, love how the kid who's "filming" it not onyl goes from "how do i use this?" to greatest disater film maker of all time in 2 hours, but also, that camera gets smashed, stepped on, tossed around and abused. It holds up pretty well for what appears to be a 200$ MDVD recoreded. and the battery life is EPIC.

oh crow T robot, where are you when we need you? ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »

Offline Locomotive Breath

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
my favroite parts about this movie that scream "i wish MST3K had gotten a shot at this"

1. Guy gets girl one time, and decides to throw life away to go back into the city and get her. This i can give ya, typical hollywood. but, all his friends, 2 of whom seem to hate said girl, are on board to? i'm sorry, if my best friend and I had escaped a horrable, city destroying monster, and he turned around and went "dude, you know that chick at the party i made it with once and dumped me? well i TOTALLY think there's a spark, I'm going back in for her, lets saddle up." i'd wish him luck and run away lol.

2. In the subway, when those little flea monsters that drop off the big guy attack, i love how kid with the camera watches that girl gt slaughtered, and just keeps the camera on her at all times. no though of helping, just got to get it on film hehe. Also, she saved him like 15 minutes before, and he's just like "i'd love to try to pull that thing off you or something, but this is great homevideo!"

3. on that subject, love how the kid who's "filming" it not onyl goes from "how do i use this?" to greatest disater film maker of all time in 2 hours, but also, that camera gets smashed, stepped on, tossed around and abused. It holds up pretty well for what appears to be a 200$ MDVD recoreded. and the battery life is EPIC.

oh crow T robot, where are you when we need you? ;D
Actually Mike Nelson of MST3K has made fun of this movie with Rifftrax witch he and some guest of his make fun of more resent movies. I haven't seen this one yet but I sure its pretty good. The site is located here http://www.rifftrax.com/.
The shorts they did are really funny.