Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 164941 times)

Re: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread
« Reply #510 on: January 19, 2024, 08:14:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Echo was really, really bad.  It might be time to focus on telling good stories with good characters again, instead of focusing on identity politics and representation.

Vincent D'Onofrio was great as usual, but was wasted.

There were parts that weren't so bad but I wished they focused more on the action. The actors outside of the main character weren't bad either. Although it would have been more of regular superhero movie, but the little cousin was underused as comedic relief. The worst part is that the main character, Echo, was an incredibly horrible actress. Her expression was completely the same for everything. If she is going to be mute, which I understand it's a real thing, they should have found an actress that can act out more with eyes and expressions. I also think she looks way too much like Rosa from Brooklyn 99.
well she is actually a deaf amputee and Native American. So they kept that part authentic

I agree and the Native American story part was interesting, although I didn't really understand her power. I thought that part was good, the first fight was cool, the bowling scene was pretty good and she did seem like a good fighter. I have no problem with that at all. It's just the acting itself was really bland. At the end, I didn't have any special connection with her character at all. Some other characters like the Black Widow's sister, the new arrow girl for example, they were good actress that brought something memorable to their role. Her was just meh.
I think most of that is because she is deaf.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip