Author Topic: Paul Pierce Finally getting some MVP recognition this year!  (Read 1274 times)

Paul Pierce Finally getting some MVP recognition this year!
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:06:52 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The article that Greg Payne posted Dec 5th here on the Blog "Paul Pierce Deserves (some) MVP Consideration", must have received some attention, because an article by Maurice Brooks, NBA Editor at ESPN.com has our Captain at number 8 out of 10, right behind Joe Johnson and ahead of Dwayne Wade.

ESPN MVP Article dated Dec 9. Same article has our floor general Rajon Rondo listed at number 5 of 5 for Defensive Player of the Year.

Did not see Kendrick Perkins listed under Most Improved, yet, but the way he is playing I find that hard to ignore for long.

And the way that Rasheed Wallace has been playing lately, I look to see him getting some recognition for the 6th Man of the Year race.

And KG just received Player of the Week. Nice to see our team getting some media attention.

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/Awards-091208/awards-watch

Hope I posted that link correctly.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:31:40 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

Re: Paul Pierce Finally getting some MVP recognition this year!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 07:33:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
By the end of the year I expect Paul and KG to be in the MVP conversation.  Perk should be in the defensive team conversation.  Don't agree with Wallace as a 6th man candidate.  If that happens, it's because of past reputation.