Author Topic: Oden Hurt Again  (Read 10987 times)

Oden Hurt Again
« on: December 05, 2009, 11:21:26 PM »

Offline bMunch

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 28
Shame:

Oden dropped to the floor clutching his left knee after colliding with a driving Aaron Brooks with 5:45 remaining in the first quarter.

Oden stayed on the ground for about 5 minutes while being attended to by trainers. He never stood up under his own power before being carted off.
“Man, I come home putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball. It’s sad, man." -- Kevin Garnett

Re: Oden Hurt Again
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:23:51 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Sucks.  I'd hoped that he was maturing, starting to become the player he was supposed to be coming out of college.

He's always had an injury problem, though, and Portland probably should have taken that into greater consideration when making their pick a few years ago.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:34:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 11:39:27 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
That's too bad. The NBA can always use more talented, star-caliber big men. I though Oden would be one of those guys, but I guess not.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Fractured patella, probably out for the year.  Sad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4717884

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Oh man that stinks!  Too bad for Oden.  Too bad for Portland.

Also, too bad for the little kids in the video above who's father tells them to "shut up" (with many an added expletive) numerous times.  He seems to be providing a fantastic example for his young children.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games

Wow, that really really stinks.  He was just starting to show a lot of promise.  2nd in the NBA in BPG and 20th in rebounding.  Oh man, I feel really bad for him and the Portland franchise.  We can kind of relate to the feeling with what happened to KG last year.  (Very different circumstances I know, but the loss of an important big none the less.)

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:54:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Wow, that really really stinks.  He was just starting to show a lot of promise.  2nd in the NBA in BPG and 20th in rebounding.  Oh man, I feel really bad for him and the Portland franchise.  We can kind of relate to the feeling with what happened to KG last year.  (Very different circumstances I know, but the loss of an important big none the less.)

Sam Bowie, Part 2?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 12:03:54 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games

Sam Bowie, Part 2?

On the heels of the all knowing Donny Marshall's comparison of KD to MJ last night, that stings extra hard.  Haha.

What was the source of Bowie's problems though?  Was he plagued by injury or did he simply just not ever live up to the hype?

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 12:07:10 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Sam Bowie, Part 2?

On the heels of the all knowing Donny Marshall's comparison of KD or MJ, that stings extra hard.

What was the source of Bowie's problems though?  Was he plagued by injury or did he simply just not ever live up to the hype?

Injuries.  As a rookie, he only missed six games.  Thereafter, he missed 44, 77, and 62 games in his next three years.  He was fairly respectable when healthy, but he was never very healthy.

The Blazers truly have not had good luck with their lottery pick big men.  Bill Walton was similarly plagued by injuries his entire career, although he did manage to help the Blazers to a title.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 12:13:09 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games

Sam Bowie, Part 2?

On the heels of the all knowing Donny Marshall's comparison of KD or MJ, that stings extra hard.

Injuries.  As a rookie, he only missed six games.  Thereafter, he missed 44, 77, and 62 games in his next three years.  He was fairly respectable when healthy, but he was never very healthy.

The Blazers truly have not had good luck with their lottery pick big men.  Bill Walton was similarly plagued by injuries his entire career, although he did manage to help the Blazers to a title.

Well then, it's eerie how similar the situations are.  All Durant needs to do now is go on to lead his team to a few championships (you know, after he signs with the Celtics in a few years ;D) and we'll have to talk the entire city of Portland back from the ledge.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Sad indeed. I like Oden and Portland.

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 12:18:28 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Sam Bowie, Part 2?

On the heels of the all knowing Donny Marshall's comparison of KD to MJ last night, that stings extra hard.  Haha.

Then Oden can come here and backup Perk like Walton did for the Chief

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Just when he was starting to feel like a player again.  I feel horrible for the guy and horrible for the fans.  He's one of my favorite non-celtics too.

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 12:29:56 AM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games
I think many of us will have a quiet appreciation and affection for both Oden and Durant, as they represent the fortunes that never were for us.  We can always watch them and imagine what would have been in another dimension.  In that way its sad to see a guy we all root for in some way go down with an injury like this again.

I want them both to succeed.  Just not against the Celtics.