Author Topic: Big Ten / ACC Challenge  (Read 2294 times)

Big Ten / ACC Challenge
« on: December 03, 2009, 12:51:51 AM »

Offline dead dog aids

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Anybody watch any of 'The Big Ten / ACC Challenge'?
The Big Ten just won for the first time in the history of this event.

I only saw one game - WISC 73 / Duke 69

Trevon Hughes was going off, and really led Wisconsin to the Win. Sadly hes one of those 2 guard skills, 1 guard size guys who will have a tough time taking his game to the NBA, although he looked like he could play with anyone today.

I saw 2 things about Duke very clearly from this game.
If may I offer one of the greatest coaches of all time my advice. Here goes...

First Nolan Smith shouldn't be starting. As much as i like his speed and ability to get to into the paint, his aggressiveness and tendency to gamble on defense hurt the first unit. Smith would be a better fit coming in off the bench to change the game with his attacking mindset.
If Scheyer is going to run the offense, give him a real 2 guard to work with. Start Andre Dawkins, who looked great in this game, moving with out the ball, playing competent D, and shooting the lights out.

Secondly, Lance Thomas is playing too much, which is better than Brian Zoubeck playing too much, however, I'd like to see the Plumlee brothers start together, at the 4 and the 5 (or the 4.5 x 2). They offer far superior athleticism on defense, and they have the awareness and skills to be a factor on offense as well, which is definitely not the case for either of the senior big men.