Author Topic: Mike Brown does Big Z wrong  (Read 20515 times)

Re: Mike Brown does Big Z wrong
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Considering that this guy has been in the league since the stone age, something tells me that he knows pretty good English.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Considering that this guy has been in the league since the stone age, something tells me that he knows pretty good English.
He clearly speaks solid proficient English, but that's not the same as being a native speaker.

He's still considerably more eloquent than many U.S. born players though  ;).

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2009, 09:42:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The whole point that he said SOME antics that happened after the game. We all know that one of them is Mike Brown's crazy comments regarding matchups, that, have been ridiculed across the nation by sportswriters and bloggers. I wonder what the other things that went on after that he is talking about.

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2009, 09:45:12 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
He thinks Mike Brown started a rumor that Z requested to not play in the second half.  He also was not happy with Mike Brown's approach of 'I am the coach and I make the decisions.'  A stance that Mike Brown has since backed down on since Lebron, Ferry and Gilbert have all stated that it should have been handled different

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2009, 10:07:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He thinks Mike Brown started a rumor that Z requested to not play in the second half.  He also was not happy with Mike Brown's approach of 'I am the coach and I make the decisions.'  A stance that Mike Brown has since backed down on since Lebron, Ferry and Gilbert have all stated that it should have been handled different
Is he LeBron?

As our resident Cavs fan, whats your take on the the whole incident?

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Do you think Lebron was sincere with his post game comments or just trying to save face by not trying to get Brown to get Z in the game while the game was going on?

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Well I'm happy for Z. Not many players stay that long with one franchise and with his injuries I'm sure holding that record means a lot to him.

First, the good news: Ilgauskas set the club record for career games played with 724 by checking in during the first quarter of Cleveland’s 107-90 win over Phoenix, and it was a genuinely heartwarming moment. He drew a rousing “Zeeeeeeeeeee” cheer from the fans when he got up to check in late in the first quarter, even while play continued, and it continued through his first two trips on the floor. He deserved it. Ilgauskas survived all the bad years, battled through five foot surgeries to become an All-Star, and through it all has been one of the most classy, likable players in team history.

“It was the closest I’ve come to tears on the basketball court,” said the 7-3 Lithuanian.

Those cheers continued any time he made a positive play, and Ilgauskas responded with his best game of the season.
To read Hollinger's not so good news: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11170/record-night-puts-the-z-in-bizarre
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Do you think Lebron was sincere with his post game comments or just trying to save face by not trying to get Brown to get Z in the game while the game was going on?

I personally don't find the comments sincere because the issue really could have been addressed before that game ended if he was truly concerned. Taking time to think about it and then talking to the press about it without talking to Z first just has a too little too late vibe to me.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2009, 11:19:59 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
The 'he' I was referring to was Z in my earlier post.  Z is still upset and should be.

Lebron's comments were sincere and he was not happy with how the game Saturday went down.  Lebron and Z are friends, and good friends at that.  Go watch who Lebron ran to after winning the ECF in 2007.  He ran right to Z.  Z is the only guy to have been on the Cavs when Lebron got there.

I think Mike Brown is just an idiot.  He is too close minded to realize that even if Z wasn;t a great matchup, he needed to be in that game, and in that game early.  Brown is a poor game manager who relies on Lebron to make him look good.  He can coach defense but it clueless when it comes to rotations and matchups (a perfect example of this is the Orlando series last year). 

It is becoming apparent that the players and front office are starting to tire of Brown's mistakes. 

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2009, 11:49:26 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Well, in that case I've probably been completely wrong in my stance about Lebron's statements but them being that close makes me wonder further why Lebron didn't say something to Brown during the game when it was happening.

If he is so close to Ilgauskas, being the foundation of that franchise who's success rests squarely on his shoulders, how could Brown not have given in to a Lebron request to make sure he play Ilgauskas if Lebron requested it? And why wouldn't Lebron make such a request for his tight friend if he was aware that Z brought the whole family in to watch the game?

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2009, 12:12:38 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
Well, in that case I've probably been completely wrong in my stance about Lebron's statements but them being that close makes me wonder further why Lebron didn't say something to Brown during the game when it was happening.

If he is so close to Ilgauskas, being the foundation of that franchise who's success rests squarely on his shoulders, how could Brown not have given in to a Lebron request to make sure he play Ilgauskas if Lebron requested it? And why wouldn't Lebron make such a request for his tight friend if he was aware that Z brought the whole family in to watch the game?

Well, you can't really pin that on Lebron.  Z has never had a DNP-CD in the 11 years he has been with the Cavs.  You would have to assume (if you were Lebron) that Z would be coming in to the game at some point in the first half.  Lebron is focused on being on the floor and playing the game. 

Also, it would have been embarassing if the only Z got in the game was because Lebron made Brown do it.  I think this whole ordeal has embarassed Z, and he is still ticked about it.

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Well, you can't really pin that on Lebron.  Z has never had a DNP-CD in the 11 years he has been with the Cavs.  You would have to assume (if you were Lebron) that Z would be coming in to the game at some point in the first half.  Lebron is focused on being on the floor and playing the game. 

Also, it would have been embarassing if the only Z got in the game was because Lebron made Brown do it.  I think this whole ordeal has embarassed Z, and he is still ticked about it.

As always MMac, great stuff from the perspective of a Cavs fan. Thanks and TP.

-edited for quote formatting -Chris
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 12:49:13 PM by Chris »

« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2009, 12:32:21 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
This is for Z and the Cavs.

« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2009, 12:47:03 PM »

Kiorrik

Wuh! ... Oh my god! ... that can't be ... is that..? .!. *gasps* ..!

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Here's mine:

Yes that scale is correct   :)