Author Topic: Mike Brown does Big Z wrong  (Read 20429 times)

Re: Mike Brown does Big Z wrong
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 01:00:24 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
Ilgauskas brought his family and a group of friends to the game against the Mavericks, ready to mark his new achievement. Instead, Ilgauskas was shocked by what was his first "Did Not Play-Coach's Decision" in memory. Mike Brown started Shaquille O'Neal, and never subbed Ilgauskas into the game.

that's cold... dude is obviously trying to suck up to his boss by keeping ferry's record alive
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:12:35 PM by chelsearules »

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
if I were big Z, I would play one more game to break the record and then demand a trade or retire.

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 01:59:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Apparently, LeBron is so competitive that he lost touch concerning what was happening with his  good friend Zydrunas and when he came out of the game with 1:47 left in the game, up 16 and saw Jawad Williams going in for him, he didn't mention to the coach that he should put Z in given the game was over and Z hadn't played. And, because he obviously knew ahead of time that this was Z's record breaking game and he's such great friends with Z,.  probably having to shoot his team's last 10 straight shots to make sure he was the leading scorer in the game got Lebron so tired he forgot about his good friend. 

Okay, so what did Lebron do to your family?
Nothing. I just think he's a selfish, egotistical, self serving jerk and proves it every time he opens his mouth.

He obviously could care less if Mike Brown put in Ilgauskas or not yet rather than keeping his mouth shut and saying nothing he runs to Z's defense. Well, if he was so concerned about it, why wasn't he aware of what was happening and why didn't he do something about it? LeBron doesn't have the pull to tell Brown, "Put in Z, it's his record breaking game. He flew his family in to see this."?

Of course he does. But he didn't do that because he isn't close to Z and could care less. It was only after he found out what was going on that he goes public and throws his coach under the bus to seem like he is a team guy concerned with his team mates feelings.

The guy does nothing unless it benefits and serves himself.

funny thing is, if Lebron didn't say anything in Z's defense, people would still be calling him a selfish, egotistical, self serving jerk.

Point is, I don't see many superstars speaking up publicly for a teammate these days. I know as C's fans, there is a predisposed hatred for Lebron, but this time I think he was right to speak up.

Wow, I'm defending Lebron...
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 02:12:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Apparently, LeBron is so competitive that he lost touch concerning what was happening with his  good friend Zydrunas and when he came out of the game with 1:47 left in the game, up 16 and saw Jawad Williams going in for him, he didn't mention to the coach that he should put Z in given the game was over and Z hadn't played. And, because he obviously knew ahead of time that this was Z's record breaking game and he's such great friends with Z,.  probably having to shoot his team's last 10 straight shots to make sure he was the leading scorer in the game got Lebron so tired he forgot about his good friend. 

Nothing. I just think he's a selfish, egotistical, self serving jerk and proves it every time he opens his mouth.

He obviously could care less if Mike Brown put in Ilgauskas or not yet rather than keeping his mouth shut and saying nothing he runs to Z's defense. Well, if he was so concerned about it, why wasn't he aware of what was happening and why didn't he do something about it? LeBron doesn't have the pull to tell Brown, "Put in Z, it's his record breaking game. He flew his family in to see this."?

Of course he does. But he didn't do that because he isn't close to Z and could care less. It was only after he found out what was going on that he goes public and throws his coach under the bus to seem like he is a team guy concerned with his team mates feelings.

funny thing is, if Lebron didn't say anything in Z's defense, people would still be calling him a selfish, egotistical, self serving jerk.

Point is, I don't see many superstars speaking up publicly for a teammate these days. I know as C's fans, there is a predisposed hatred for Lebron, but this time I think he was right to speak up.

My problem with Lebron is not that he stuck up for Z. My problem is that I think it is insincere and contrived because how could he not know that this was a record tying game or that Z flew his whole family in BEFORE the game. They were on a plane for hours together, locker room, shoot arounds etc. There's only 15 of them as players and he didn't know what was going on?

So, if he did(my assumption, I know), how could he not try to pull his weight to get Z playing time? He pulled his weight to get Mo Williams an All-Star spot last year. He's pulled his weight to get players resigned and traded on and off the team. He could pull his weight to get Z playing time??

I don't buy it. I think he's saying things after the fact to draw attention to himself and to appear in public as being the thoughtful, caring team mate, which, when all is said and done and all the books are written, we will find out he isn't. Just like we found out MJ was a horrible team mate.

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Mike Brown thought it was a bad matchup to put in Zydrunas Ilgauskas into the game. Yet with 1:47 left in the game he had no problem taking Lebron James out of the game and subbing in Jawad Williams.

Apparently, Mike Brown felt that up 16 with 1:47 left the match ups still weren't in the Cavs favor and he had to keep Big Z off the floor.

Apparently, LeBron is so competitive that he lost touch concerning what was happening with his  good friend Zydrunas and when he came out of the game with 1:47 left in the game, up 16 and saw Jawad Williams going in for him, he didn't mention to the coach that he should put Z in given the game was over and Z hadn't played. And, because he obviously knew ahead of time that this was Z's record breaking game and he's such great friends with Z,. ::) probably having to shoot his team's last 10 straight shots to make sure he was the leading scorer in the game got Lebron so tired he forgot about his good friend. ::) ::)
Odd spin. I didn't expect this from you.

I don't get the desire to make Lebron into a villain.

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 02:55:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Mike Brown thought it was a bad matchup to put in Zydrunas Ilgauskas into the game. Yet with 1:47 left in the game he had no problem taking Lebron James out of the game and subbing in Jawad Williams.

Apparently, Mike Brown felt that up 16 with 1:47 left the match ups still weren't in the Cavs favor and he had to keep Big Z off the floor.

Apparently, LeBron is so competitive that he lost touch concerning what was happening with his  good friend Zydrunas and when he came out of the game with 1:47 left in the game, up 16 and saw Jawad Williams going in for him, he didn't mention to the coach that he should put Z in given the game was over and Z hadn't played. And, because he obviously knew ahead of time that this was Z's record breaking game and he's such great friends with Z,. ::) probably having to shoot his team's last 10 straight shots to make sure he was the leading scorer in the game got Lebron so tired he forgot about his good friend. ::) ::)
Odd spin. I didn't expect this from you.

I don't get the desire to make Lebron into a villain.
I don't think he's a villian either. But he's most certainly a very self-absorbed guy, seriously in love with himself. But that doesn't make him any different from most NBA players, especially the ones who come straight into the league from HS.

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

My problem with Lebron is not that he stuck up for Z. My problem is that I think it is insincere and contrived because how could he not know that this was a record tying game or that Z flew his whole family in BEFORE the game. They were on a plane for hours together, locker room, shoot arounds etc. There's only 15 of them as players and he didn't know what was going on?

So, if he did(my assumption, I know), how could he not try to pull his weight to get Z playing time? He pulled his weight to get Mo Williams an All-Star spot last year. He's pulled his weight to get players resigned and traded on and off the team. He could pull his weight to get Z playing time??

I don't buy it. I think he's saying things after the fact to draw attention to himself and to appear in public as being the thoughtful, caring team mate, which, when all is said and done and all the books are written, we will find out he isn't. Just like we found out MJ was a horrible team mate.

Agreed with you, except that I don't think that LeBron is a horrible teammate like Jordan was. I do think he is getting tired of his Cavaliers teammates though and that he is thinking "man, I can't wait to get away from these guys".

Anyway, in this case, it's obvious that he is talking to look good since he could have asked Brown to put Z in the game anytime... ridiculous.

And Mike Brown just confirmed how bad of a coach he is. It makes him look totally out of the team's sync since he either didn't know about Ilgauskas' record or didn't care about it. Mean move anyway.

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Wait, you think LeBron should've told his coach, midgame, who to sub in?  You don't think he'd get at least as much criticism for that, and raise all kinds of issues about who's really running the Cavs?  Trying to dictate who the coach puts in during a game under any circumstances is not a behavior that gets you classified as a good teammate, or anything else positive.  I guess it's prima donna if he does, prima donna if he doesn't.

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If LeBron told his coach to play Z at half in the locker room in front of everyone otherwise he would sit the whole second half and then after Z got in and broke the record if Lebron had kept his mouth shut, said nothing and then word of the incident spread from there:

1.) He wouldn't be perceived as a prima donna.
2.) He would obviously convey to all his team mates that he has their back.
3.) He would be universally praised for the gesture towards his team mate.
4.) He wouldn't come off as either a player throwing his coach under the bus in public or a guy thast is saying stuff after the fact to get good publicity.

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
If LeBron told his coach to play Z at half in the locker room in front of everyone otherwise he would sit the whole second half and then after Z got in and broke the record if Lebron had kept his mouth shut, said nothing and then word of the incident spread from there:

4.) He wouldn't come off as either a player throwing his coach under the bus in public or a guy thast is saying stuff after the fact to get good publicity.

He should threaten to boycott the rest of the game if the coach doesn't play the guy he wants to play?  Waaaay too many unintended consequences to that approach.  First of all, there's no way of knowing at the half that Z's not coming in during the 2nd.  That's a dealbreaker by itself. Secondly, the Mavs are a good team and the game was not decided at halftime - a major distraction like that is not conducive to winning games.  Lastly, Z's a grown man with pride - you don't think he might be a bit embarrassed to have the star have to threaten to quit to force the coach to put him in when the coach doesn't want to?

And LeBron would absolutely be perceived as a prima donna and would most certainly not be universally praised for it. Any whiff of LeBron making threats to control midgame coaching decisions would be catnip for the media and the many fans that dislike him.  Not to mention the longterm consequences of calling out and forcing a power struggle with your coach in front of the entire team, during a season when you're trying to win a ring.  There's no good way to try and force the coach to play the guys he doesn't want to play, and there shouldn't be. 

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

He should threaten to boycott the rest of the game if the coach doesn't play the guy he wants to play?  Waaaay too many unintended consequences to that approach.  First of all, there's no way of knowing at the half that Z's not coming in during the 2nd.  That's a dealbreaker by itself. Secondly, the Mavs are a good team and the game was not decided at halftime - a major distraction like that is not conducive to winning games.  Lastly, Z's a grown man with pride - you don't think he might be a bit embarrassed to have the star have to threaten to quit to force the coach to put him in when the coach doesn't want to?

And LeBron would absolutely be perceived as a prima donna and would most certainly not be universally praised for it. Any whiff of LeBron making threats to control midgame coaching decisions would be catnip for the media and the many fans that dislike him.  Not to mention the longterm consequences of calling out and forcing a power struggle with your coach in front of the entire team, during a season when you're trying to win a ring.  There's no good way to try and force the coach to play the guys he doesn't want to play, and there shouldn't be. 
Don't see it that way at all. Sorry.

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Am I the only one that hopes the Cavs implode?  This kind of news makes me giddy.   ;D

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 05:03:23 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
Am I the only one that hopes the Cavs implode?  This kind of news makes me giddy.   ;D

you're not the only one

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
http://news-herald.com/articles/2009/12/01/sports/nh1769168.txt

full coverage on the novel. via hoopshype
just in case someone miss it
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2009, 05:35:52 PM »

Kiorrik

I'm so glad that I could care less about why he said it. Saves me a lot of time arguing. No offense btw guys ;)

Anyway, I agree with LeBone. Bad move by the Cavaliers 'Doc'. Glad we got the Celtic one. He's teh pwn.