Author Topic: If you have had a good (or bad) beer recently report the results here  (Read 273553 times)

Re: If you have had a good (or bad) beer recently report the results here
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 02:29:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I knew I was qualifying myself with that one. ;) However, I also am quite fond of Guinness, Stone Coast Summer Splash Ale, Yats La Fin Du Monde, (aged filipina beer), Rolling Rock, Molson, and Left Hand Milk Stout.

Well that is pretty diverse. Besides Rolling Rock they all sound exotic or at least unique. Rolling Rock to me is just anther American Lager that is not very tasty.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I knew I was qualifying myself with that one. ;) However, I also am quite fond of Guinness, Stone Coast Summer Splash Ale, Yats La Fin Du Monde, (aged filipina beer), Rolling Rock, Molson, and Left Hand Milk Stout.

Well that is pretty diverse. Besides Rolling Rock they all sound exotic or at least unique. Rolling Rock to me is just anther American Lager that is not very tasty.

When I was in college I used to make a mean Black and Tan out of Rolling Rock and Guinness.  It was great, it had the body of Guinness and the finish of Rolling Rock.  And by "great" I mean "you could drink a lot of it quickly without wincing" which is of course key for college drinking.  I called it a Miscegenation.

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Yeah ... I wouldn't go so far as to say Rolling Rock is tasty or "delicious" ... for me, it's one of those "refreshing-hot-summer-day-frosted-mug-drink-quick-to-quench-your-thirst"-type beers ... only good when it's very cold and I'm very hot ... perfect for a post-pick-up game quencher.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 02:56:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Yeah ... I wouldn't go so far as to say Rolling Rock is tasty or "delicious" ... for me, it's one of those "refreshing-hot-summer-day-frosted-mug-drink-quick-to-quench-your-thirst"-type beers ... only good when it's very cold and I'm very hot ... perfect for a post-pick-up game quencher.

That's how I view most lagers too. The temperature difference between me and the beer has to be around 70 degrees for it to be an enjoyable experience for me.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'm sending my buddy a package with some of the best cuban cigars I have, as well as a few beers.  He loves hoppy beer with the highest IBUs. 

Are there any you guys suggest for the highest IBU / hoppy beer?  So far I have "Hop Stoopid" and "Dogfish IPA 120 minute". 

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2010, 03:06:14 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
My favorite beer that I drink when I get a chance to grab it from the only place I know that carries it is, Anchor Steam "Liberty Ale"  

If you have not had it and have a chance to pick up a 6pack it is worth it. Just read below for yourself.

First introduced in 1975, Liberty Ale® is brewed strictly according to traditional brewing methods, and, like all Anchor Brewing Company products, uses only natural ingredients — water, malted barley, fresh whole hops and yeast.
A special top-fermenting ale yeast is used during fermentation and is responsible for many of Liberty Ale's subtle flavors and characteristics. Carbonation is produced by an entirely natural process called "bunging," which produces champagne-like bubbles. Dry-hopping (adding fresh hops to the brew during aging), imparts a unique aroma to the ale. It is a process rarely used in this country today.

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm sending my buddy a package with some of the best cuban cigars I have, as well as a few beers.  He loves hoppy beer with the highest IBUs. 

Are there any you guys suggest for the highest IBU / hoppy beer?  So far I have "Hop Stoopid" and "Dogfish IPA 120 minute". 

Stone Oaked Arrogant B4stard and Double B4stard (sorry for the masked "profanity" mods - the filter catches the word and I don't know any other way to give the name.  Please delete if you wish).  Breckenridge Double IPA.  DFH 90 min will be a good supplement to the hop syrup that is 120 minute.  Victory Hop Devil.  Troeg's Nugget Nectar though I think that's a spring seasonal.

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

Stone Oaked Arrogant B4stard and Double B4stard (sorry for the masked "profanity" mods - the filter catches the word and I don't know any other way to give the name.  Please delete if you wish).  Breckenridge Double IPA.  DFH 90 min will be a good supplement to the hop syrup that is 120 minute.  Victory Hop Devil.  Troeg's Nugget Nectar though I think that's a spring seasonal.

TP and thanks!  I'll check some of them out.

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Dogfish Head you can get almost anywhere and it is one of my favs

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:51 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Anyone in the Vermont Area has to try a Switchback...insanely good!!!!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Been drinkin a lot of Red Dog's lately.  And I think they are absolutely wonderful!
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I just can't bring myself to say no to Sam Adams. What a fantastic sellout beer.

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »

Offline Cooze

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 27

Drinking this right now. Absolutely astounding double bock. smooth and mellow with a sweet aroma 8.9% abv.

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2010, 08:42:16 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I really enjoy Ninkasi's Total Domination IPA. Tastes hoppier than its 60 IBUs.

I've not yet tried Ninkasi's Double IPA (100 IBUs), but I just may this weekend. If I do, I'll report back.

http://www.ninkasibrewing.com/beers.php

BTW, Ninkasi was the ancient Sumerian goddess of fermentation and beer. Great name for a brewery.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2010, 10:38:54 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
When I was down in Connecticut for the holidays, we stopped in at the Willimantic Brewing Company for lunch. Cool place in an old post office building with a great selection of their own brews and other craft beers on tap.

They specialize in hoppy West Coast-style IPA's, I think. Been trying to find their beers up here in Boston but no luck.