Author Topic: i missed the game last night. how serious is pierce's injury?  (Read 3534 times)

i missed the game last night. how serious is pierce's injury?
« on: November 14, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
any new information on it. from what i heard its not serious just a bruise right?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:07:47 PM by Donoghus »

Re: i missed the game last night. how serious is pierce's injury?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 01:09:34 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
any new information on it. from what i heard its not serious just a bruise right?

I don't think it was too serious.  He came back later in the game (with a knee brace).
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
From what I've been able to gather from news reports, it seemed to intimate that Pierce's status for tonight is "undetermined."

There's a few quotes from Pierce and basically he says the knee is a "little tender" but I don't get the impression that its anything serious.  Probably a day to day thing.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
ok thanks guys. i rather him sit out tonight just for concerning reasons but i'm sure he (pierce) will want to play regardless.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
ok thanks guys. i rather him sit out tonight just for concerning reasons but i'm sure he (pierce) will want to play regardless.

I have nothing to add, just logged in to give you a TP for your Bruce Campbell-avatar.

:)

In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 04:20:54 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
From the Celtics twitter 3 hours ago : "Paul Pierce is a gametime decision for tonight's game in Indiana."

I hope he rests and heals his knee but on the other hand it would be tough to win without him and I'm sure Paul will want to play.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
...I figure everyone would be in favor of having Paul Pierce sit, since everyone seems to be concerned about having our guys fresh for the postseason. Drucci, I disagree with the idea that we can't win without him. But, if he's ok to play, then by all means do so.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think we would still have a chance to win without him.   Have Daniels play 35 minutes for a game against his old team and he'll do fine.   Maybe give Scal, Giddens or Walker a few minutes mixed in. 

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Beating Indiana without Pierce would be very difficult.  Who on our team can defend Danny Granger besides Pierce?  Yeah, nobody.  Marquis Daniels can't even hope to defend D-Grange.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Well, if they list him as "questionable" then that means he will not only play but he'll score 30! Happens all the time.

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 06:10:07 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Beating Indiana without Pierce would be very difficult.  Who on our team can defend Danny Granger besides Pierce?  Yeah, nobody.  Marquis Daniels can't even hope to defend D-Grange.

Well we can play that game either way.  Who is going to guard KG Murphy, Hansbrough I don't think so.   Rondo should own Ford if he is on his game.   I know they are 3 and 3 but when Dahntay Jones is your second leader scorer that is not a good thing.  Granger is not being very efficient as well so far this year.  41 FG% 29% from 3.  Granger has said Daniels was really the only guy he could rely on last year.  With extended minutes I think Daniels can do an adequate job on Granger that is is Granger doesn't catch on fire like Jason Richardson did to us last week.  

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 06:40:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

Well we can play that game either way.  Who is going to guard KG Murphy, Hansbrough I don't think so.   Rondo should own Ford if he is on his game.   I know they are 3 and 3 but when Dahntay Jones is your second leader scorer that is not a good thing.  Granger is not being very efficient as well so far this year.  41 FG% 29% from 3.  Granger has said Daniels was really the only guy he could rely on last year.  With extended minutes I think Daniels can do an adequate job on Granger that is is Granger doesn't catch on fire like Jason Richardson did to us last week.  

I don't disagree with you, but on the other hand we ought to remember that Pierce is our only consistent scorer - KG isn't really a big scorer, Ray is occasionally, and Rondo rarely is.

I think their lack of any depth whatsoever will lose them the game, though, even if Granger goes off.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 06:48:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I don't think it was too serious.  He came back later in the game (with a knee brace).

did he wear a neck brace too?