Poll

Would you rather listen to Ordway talk sports for 20 minutes or read a Simmons article

Simmons article
30 (65.2%)
Ordway talking
3 (6.5%)
I love them both
0 (0%)
I hate them both
2 (4.3%)
I like them both but within limits
4 (8.7%)
I dislike Ordway, but strongly dislike Simmons
0 (0%)
I dislike Simmons, but strongly dislike Ordway
1 (2.2%)
I dislike them both, but admit Ordway has talent
2 (4.3%)
I dislike them both, but admit Simmons has talent
1 (2.2%)
I like them both, but think Simmons has more talent
3 (6.5%)
I like them both but think Ordway has more talent
0 (0%)
I like Simmons more than Ordway, but think Ordway has more integrity
0 (0%)
I like Ordway more,  but think Simmons has more integrity
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)  (Read 29947 times)

Bill Simmons WEEI Feud (merged)
« on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
So im late to this story, but I heard a little bit about this on my way home from work. 

Apparently Ordway wrote on his facebook page that he was, " The Big O is calling out Bill Simmons for backing out of an interview today."

Simmons replied back via twitter, "Hey WEEI: You were wrong, I did a Boston interview today. With your competition. Rather give them ratings over deceitful scumbags like you."

Now The big Show Facebook says, "The Big O... is still trying to find out which "bosses" at ESPN put the kibosh on our Bill Simmons interview."

Definitely a funny development.  I have always said I like WEEI better cause they get the better interviews, but now I dont know this could start a momentum shift.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Bill Simmons WEEI Feud
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It sounds pretty unprofessional of Simmons, if there was an agreed to interview and he backed out.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I hate Bill Simmons and honestly can't understand how anyone in this blogging community we have backs him.

The guy didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach. It's as simple as that. He's always been the pessimistic "debbie the downer" type re: Ainge and Doc (despite their amazing track records).

He's just such the typical idiodic fan, Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ting on the Celtics when they lose and never really praising them too much when they're gelling.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Or pretty unprofessional of WEEI, if they're the ones who backed out.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It sounds pretty unprofessional of Simmons, if there was an agreed to interview and he backed out.
I don't live in Boston, but who really knows whats going on.

A feud is just the sort of thing a radio station will go out of its way to create some sort of buzz/ratings.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:23:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Or pretty unprofessional of WEEI, if they're the ones who backed out.

Sure, although that doesn't seem to fit within the context of the various contents. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I like Simmons, except when he talks about the Celtics or real world/road rules.

Anyone who has followed him should be surprised that he was even expected to be on WEEI's the big show. I mean, he was coaxing people into making fake Ordway twitter accounts and posting ridiculous stuff. An interview would've been good publicity for both parties, but I'm not surprised to see that it blew up.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 06:28:31 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
My thinking is that there was some confusion on both parts regarding the interview.  Big O posted that on his facebook page, Bill got mad and went on 98.5.  I cant really blame him, I would be mad to if Ordway was just throwing my name in the mud like that.  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I hate Bill Simmons and honestly can't understand how anyone in this blogging community we have backs him.

The guy didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach. It's as simple as that. He's always been the pessimistic "debbie the downer" type re: Ainge and Doc (despite their amazing track records).

He's just such the typical idiodic fan, ****ting on the Celtics when they lose and never really praising them too much when they're gelling.

Pretty sure there were a lot, a lot of people that didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach, or Ainge as GM. He just happens to write for a major column and can be brutally honest sometimes when it comes to what he writes. He's actaully written some articles pretty recently praising Doc saying how wrong he was about him etc etc. It's not like he still claims that Doc is a bad coach. I don't love the guy but people seem to get so worked up over him when I see tons of Celtics fans saying the same things he is but just don't get it put in a column every day

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 06:33:08 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

He's just such the typical idiodic fan, ****ting on the Celtics when they lose and never really praising them too much when they're gelling.

Pretty sure there were a lot, a lot of people that didn't believe in Doc Rivers as a coach, or Ainge as GM. He just happens to write for a major column and can be brutally honest sometimes when it comes to what he writes. He's actaully written some articles pretty recently praising Doc saying how wrong he was about him etc etc. It's not like he still claims that Doc is a bad coach. I don't love the guy but people seem to get so worked up over him when I see tons of Celtics fans saying the same things he is but just don't get it put in a column every day

And infact, Bill was a big supporter of having Danny coach the team if I recall.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
simmons and eei both suck.   98.5 > eei

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 06:39:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I was dying laughing during this, this guy is such a pansy. Just grow some and get over yourself... like one of the callers says "this guy is no longer a Bostonian, he's now an official Los Angeles citizen.

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I was listening to the Sports Hub when Simmons went on. He said that he agreed to go on the Big Show a couple of weeks ago with no real set date. He also said that he and Ordway got in a fight soon there after and decided to hold off on the interview until further notice. Simmons says Ordway then made completely false allegations that Bill was supposed to be on today. Simmons said that was never the plan at all. He then decided to call the Sports Hub because ESPN is allowing him to call radio stations that may be in competition with ESPN to promote his book. Felger told him he sounded like he was whining and should just drop it and go on the Big Show (In not so few words). Simmons said he would rather promote the Sports Hub and help their ratings than talk to Ordway and his posse which he said would just be a shouting match that would have no positive influence on his career (Which is almost positively correct, even more so if he were to go on now). If Simmons is lying shame on him, and he is wrong. If Ordway is lying shame on him, and Simmons made the right choice IMO. Does anybody know Judge Judy personally? She could probably solve the problem.

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 06:42:32 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Was this latest development from today?

I do know either last week or the week before, Ordway came out pretty harsh on the Big Show calling Simmons his "fraud of the week" or month and proceeded (along with Shepard) to go off pretty hard on Simmons.   Evidently, Simmons had appeared on the D&C that morning and had some not so nice words for the Big Show.   Ordway started rehashing a meeting with Simmons while they were down in New Orleans for Super Bowl XXXVI and such.  

Honestly, the truth probably lies somewhere in between what Ordway is saying and what Simmons is saying.  As Harry Carey once said, "There are 3 sides to every story.  Your side, my side, and the truth".

I do know Simmons has taken some digs at the Big Show over the years but he's far from the only one.  

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 06:58:13 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

And infact, Bill was a big supporter of having Danny coach the team if I recall.

I know I was.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner