Author Topic: Question about BBALL Tickets on Xmas Day  (Read 2763 times)

Question about BBALL Tickets on Xmas Day
« on: November 10, 2009, 05:41:00 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
So I'm very much considering staying in Florida for Christmas this year, and want to get tickets to the Magic vs Celtics game on Xmas day itself. 

My question is, do you think it's easier or harder to get tickets on xmas day?  Does anyone have experience with this?  I'm wondering if it'd be worth pursuing... Thanks.

Re: Question about BBALL Tickets on Xmas Day
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Orlando's arena and surroundings are much different than here in Boston.  Its basically a big parking lot surrounding the arena.  You don't have the type of surrounding area with bars, restaurants, etc.  That said, there didn't seem to me like you'd have many opportunities to find scalpers/sellers on game day - st least not like in Boston.  Best way to go is probably going to be Craigslist Orlando.  Find someone who is selling their season tix or something.  Do a PayPal transaction if possible - just for safety. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »

• Don Chaney
Orlando's arena and surroundings are much different than here in Boston.  Its basically a big parking lot surrounding the arena.  You don't have the type of surrounding area with bars, restaurants, etc.  That said, there didn't seem to me like you'd have many opportunities to find scalpers/sellers on game day - st least not like in Boston.  Best way to go is probably going to be Craigslist Orlando.  Find someone who is selling their season tix or something.  Do a PayPal transaction if possible - just for safety. 

Thanks.. yeah I never try to get tickets from Scalpers, and have seen a few C's games there.. but I'm trying to figure out how hard those tickets are to get online, etc.  I'll be checking back frequently with craigslist, stubhub, etc.

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 07:28:34 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I'm very jealous of you. That will be a sweet game to go to as a C's fan....When are we going to get a home christmas game now? Enough with the sunshine of LA and FL they should be playing in the snow up in Boston!!

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 09:20:06 PM »

• Don Chaney
I'm very jealous of you. That will be a sweet game to go to as a C's fan....When are we going to get a home christmas game now? Enough with the sunshine of LA and FL they should be playing in the snow up in Boston!!

Hehe, yeah I hear ya.  But, you see them the rest of the time!  And you don't have to deal with arrogant Magic fans who think their franchise is as good as the Celtics.  I went to game 6 of last years playoffs and was very annoyed with their fans after the Magic came back to win :(

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 11:29:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Normally I'd say craigslist... but if the game's sold out you can probably just go to ticketmaster and click on the "ticket exchange" thing and wait for people to dump their tickets on there.  I'm sure a lot of people buy tickets and then decide they can't go (maybe they leave for the holidays... maybe they are too busy with family... who knows).   

I'm from Seattle and the last couple years I've gone to Boston for the holidays and I'm always able to get cheap tickets to sold out games simply from the ticket exchange thing.  I'm sure it's the same in Orlando.