Author Topic: Chiefs release Larry Johnson  (Read 5946 times)

Chiefs release Larry Johnson
« on: November 09, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Chiefs are releasing Larry Johnson, ... I say he's Patriot bound! Imagine this Patriot team with a monster running game? Welcome to New England Larry!  ;D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4637300

=============================================

[Edited.  See Chris' warning below.]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:49:58 AM by Roy Hobbs »
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Chiefs release Larry Johnson
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:55:13 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I think I just threw up in my mouth Jsaad :-X
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think Robert Kraft would probably have something to say about this.  I don't think he has much interest in the kind of publicity this would bring...particularly in a state like Massachusetts. 

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Not sure if I am happy but I have an overwhelming feeling that he will be here. Like most reclamation prjects that the Pats have taken on, he would be a zero risk investment. He acts up? Cut him.

This guy is a horse when he is right though.

Pats are almost immune to distractions and Bill has Scott Pioli to get an inside scoop on what Larry is really like.

If he ends up on the team, I will have to go with In Bill We Trust on this one.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 11:18:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
edit: We do not feel this is appropriate for these forums, even with the disclaimer.  If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

-Chris
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:34:33 AM by Chris »
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 11:25:31 AM »

Offline psychocim

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
This is terrible news.  I was already paper thin at RB in fantasy. Al Davis!!  I'm banking on YOU to give my man another shot.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I am not sure if the patriots want him from a football standpoint, cause he has not looked very good the last year and a half. Although, I will admit his line is very horrible in KC and has definitely made Cassel look about 8 times worse. A few points to consider:
Has he done anything worse Moss did before coming here? (mooning a crown, moving his car with a traffic cop on it, "quitting" in oakland.")

For that matter, is he any worse then Corey Dillon another troubled, near 30 running back we took and road to success for a few years?

Finally, one of the biggest problems this year for Larry was his lack of respecting his coach in KC. He says his dad was a better coach then Haley. It would be tough for him to argue his dad was a better coach the Belichek.

So there are a lot of big if's with the biggest one being whether he has anything left. One could certainly make a viable hypothetical argument about how he could come to the Pats

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 11:32:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
This is terrible news.  I was already paper thin at RB in fantasy. Al Davis!!  I'm banking on YOU to give my man another shot.

I dont think Oakland is very likely, McFadden is coming back from injury soon and their clear RB of the future. Additionally, if LJ had a problem respecting Haley as a coach, I dont think the losing culture or Tom Cable will exactly change anything. Finally, their offensive line is about as bad as KC's so all in all thats a bad match imo. I think some teams that might make sense

Patriots
Packers
Redskins (depending on Portis injury)
Texans (if they are truly as sick of slaton as it seems)

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Larry Johnson also has a history of hitting women and other serious offenses off the field.  Remember back when the Pats drafted - what was his name, Jason Peters maybe? - defensive end in the fifth round, found out the next day how bad his background was and they immediately released him?  Literally, the day after the draft?

I don't recall Clock-Killin' CoreyDillon having any serious off-field issues, and Moss I believe was pretty clean off the field (with the exception, of course, of driving over the cop ;)).  

EDIT: Christian Peter.

Christian was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fifth round of the 1996 NFL Draft. Only a month before the draft, he notched his eighth conviction in seven years, this time for grabbing a woman by the throat in a Kearney, Nebraska bar. The pick set off a firestorm of criticism from the Boston area press, Patriots fans and women's groups. After learning more about Christian's violent history, the Patriots relinquished the rights to Christian only a week after the draft. The team said that Christian's behavior was "incompatible with our organization's standards of acceptable conduct."[6] According to The Boston Globe, Myra Kraft, the wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, personally demanded that the team cut all ties with Peter.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Peter

This team isn't taking on Larry Johnson. 

EDIT 2: I take it back, it does look like Dillon was arrested at least once for domestic assault.  Still, have any of Larry Johnsons comments sounded like a player or person who has matured?

Plus...  he kinda sucks.  Sure, the offensive line is horrible, but he has no burst left.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:41:36 AM by the_Bird »

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Larry Johnson? On the Pats?

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Im pretty sure Corey Dillon was arrested for drunken driving off the top of my head, I don't know what else...

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:53:55 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Larry Johnson also has a history of hitting women and other serious offenses off the field.  Remember back when the Pats drafted - what was his name, Jason Peters maybe? - defensive end in the fifth round, found out the next day how bad his background was and they immediately released him?  Literally, the day after the draft?

I don't recall Clock-Killin' CoreyDillon having any serious off-field issues, and Moss I believe was pretty clean off the field (with the exception, of course, of driving over the cop ;)).  

Christian was drafted by the New England Patriots in the fifth round of the 1996 NFL Draft. Only a month before the draft, he notched his eighth conviction in seven years, this time for grabbing a woman by the throat in a Kearney, Nebraska bar. The pick set off a firestorm of criticism from the Boston area press, Patriots fans and women's groups. After learning more about Christian's violent history, the Patriots relinquished the rights to Christian only a week after the draft. The team said that Christian's behavior was "incompatible with our organization's standards of acceptable conduct."[6] According to The Boston Globe, Myra Kraft, the wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, personally demanded that the team cut all ties with Peter.[3]

EDIT 2: I take it back, it does look like Dillon was arrested at least once for domestic assault.  Still, have any of Larry Johnsons comments sounded like a player or person who has matured?

Plus...  he kinda sucks.  Sure, the offensive line is horrible, but he has no burst left.

Clock Killin Corey Dillon was once dubbed Team Killin Corey Dillon if I am not mistaken. Time after time the public seems to resist these players before they get here. Winning cures an awful lot. Actually Dillon had a pretty rough relationship with the local media after that fairy tale 2004 first season actually lashing out a couple of times. We dont remember that though, we remember him being a punishing force that the Pats needed then (and could use now) to win a super bowl.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 12:26:57 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
LJ? This isn't this Larry Johnson from a couple of years ago. He's not the same guy. We already have under-performing backs on this team. The Pats do not need another.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 12:33:06 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Clock Killin Corey Dillon was once dubbed Team Killin Corey Dillon if I am not mistaken. Time after time the public seems to resist these players before they get here. Winning cures an awful lot. Actually Dillon had a pretty rough relationship with the local media after that fairy tale 2004 first season actually lashing out a couple of times. We dont remember that though, we remember him being a punishing force that the Pats needed then (and could use now) to win a super bowl.

I think the problem is that Johnson's transgressions are too fresh in peoples minds.  If he hadn't made his most recent comments, he could have stood a chance, but I do not see the Kraft's taking him on with the fire still burning so hot on his comments. 

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
LJ has looked terrible this year.  terrible.

I am not sure the pats would go after him (and if they did, you would see either Taylor or Morris to IR...)

I dont think it will be here