Author Topic: Banner for my posts?  (Read 2728 times)

Banner for my posts?
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline New england Celtic

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Can anyone tell me how to get a banner underneath my posts like a lot of people have on this site?  Really appreciate it, thanks

Re: Banner for my posts?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
First, you need to find an image you like.  There are several in our Graphics forum, or elsewhere on the web.

Once you see an image you like, make sure it fits within our rules:

Signatures:

* May contain one image such as a banner, but ONLY if the image used is no larger than 500x134 pixels and 35KB in file size.
    * Must be setup in your Profile (link up the top, next to logout), and not manually added to your messages.
    * May not contain any pricing, sales, product, etc. details.
    * May contain a maximum of two smilies, or one animated smiley.
    * May include two clickable links, URL's or mailto:
    * Only exact URLs are allowed, i.e., not < a href="www.domain.com">LOOK HERE
    * May include up to two colors. Hyperlink color is set by the forum and is not counted as a color.
    * Maximum font size cannot be larger than normal.
    * Must be kept to a maximum of four lines (at 1024 resolution).
    * May not contain links to other threads or posts.  Linking to an outside website is only appropriate with the permission of the staff.
    * Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
    * Signatures should not include lewd, sexual, violent, or offensive images.
    * Any signature that is offensive or insulting to the Celticsblog staff or members of the blog is prohibited.
    * We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature at any time, for any reason.

Next, you need to find an online host for your image.  I recommend imageshack.com.

Lastly, insert the image into your profile.  Your profile is in the "Welcome [New England Celtic]" box in the top right of the screen.  Once in there, click on "Forum Profile Information".  In the box marked "Signature", you can insert text, or an image.  To do an image, post as follows:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.urlofthepictureyouwanttopost.jpg[/img]
It's not as complicated as it sounds; the difficult part is finding a sig that you like.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions