Author Topic: Celtics All Stars  (Read 4795 times)

Celtics All Stars
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I know it is early in the season but humor me with this one.

The Celtics are playing phenomenal defense and sharing the ball. We look like the best team in basketball. However, a lot of people determine all stars by their numbers. Pierce has scored a lot and I believe him to be a lock. After that I believe the picture gets cloudy. Kg's scoring and rebounding will be down this year is he still a lock. Ray is going to play less minutes and score less points is he a lock? Rondo will be near the top of the league in assists but might not average ten points a game.

So it's prediction time, how many Celtics do you believe will make the all star team? 2, 3 or 4? Who do you think they will be. Tommy Points to those who get this correct.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Celtics All Stars
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:09:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I might have killed this thread by posting it in the wrong section
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:11:19 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Rondo and Pierce will make it. Neither will start. Garnett and Allen could possibly make it if another player is to get injured.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:15:05 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
Not sure how Rondo will make it given his low scoring average and that non-Celtics fans pretty much hate him.

Pierce on the other hand, is playing out of this world. If he keeps that up, he'll be a lock for sure.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rondo and Pierce will make it. Neither will start. Garnett and Allen could possibly make it if another player is to get injured.
Garnett will be voted a starter by the fans.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would guess KG, Pierce and Rondo.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I think Garnett might get voted in, probably will unless Yi Jianlian gets his spot. Pierce is a lock, imo. I think he's starting an MVP-canidate type season. Then with everyone hyping Rondo right now, I think the coaches might vote him in, too.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I hope Ray Ray makes it, however I don't think he will.

I think Lester could sneak into the starting line-up :P
UBUNTU

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 09:34:48 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
KG will make it, voted by the fans. Pierce and Rondo will make it on the bench, voted by the coaches. However, I think Ray won't make it, unfortunately... because I think he will deserve to be there. And this time, even injuries won't allow him to get a spot (since the NBA doesn't like to have too many players from the same team in the ASG, especially if they are more than 3). I hope I'm wrong about Ray though, I would really like to see him voted in 10 All-Star Games for his career.

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think just Pierce and KG.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If the Celts are on an historical start to the season, the NBA will reward them with 4 All Stars. 
Yup

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
If the Celts are on an historical start to the season, the NBA will reward them with 4 All Stars. 

I think this will be the case.

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 10:51:41 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think KG, Pierce and Rondo all make it.  Rondo probably a coaches selection.  Ray might make it if there are injuries.

I don't think KG will start.  I suspect the NBA will do something weird with how it lists players positions, and the starting lineup will be: Shaq, Howard, LBJ, Wade, Jameer Nelson.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think Pierce will get in. KG will definitely be voted in to start by the fans. Fans love him for most part, and as the season rolls along he will continue to get healthier and thus his stats will improve.

Rajon Rondo deserves to make it. He MAY not score enough points though. He is great with the assists, steals, and rebounds, but fans really notice points. If he can bump hs average up to between 13-16 points, I say he gets in.

Ray Allen would be great as well, and I believe that his production will warrant a selection.

What team has sent the most All Stars before during a season?

And Perk should make it next year or year after next. Funny thing is that he has outplayed or has been extremely effective against nearly EVERY center ths season thus far.

Perk did run into a roadblock somewhat with Dalembert. Did not see game, though, so there may be a good reason for it.

I will go out on a limb and say that Perk is the 4th best center in the East RIGHT NOW...Dwight, Shaq, Lopez, then Perk.

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 11:24:05 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
With the lack of scoring, Rondo might have a tough time getting in. Remember, they aren't solely picking PGs, they're picking just guards.

Arenas
Jennings
Wade
Gordon
Johnson
Lou Williams
Rondo

I think those at the moment are the top-tier guards at the moment (based on how they're currently playing)

Then you have all these guys that can surely make a case for themselves as the season goes on, but aren't there yet:

Ray Allen
Nelson
Rose
Mo

In all, I think it's still going to be tough for Rondo. But hopefully he'll get rewarded for his passing, since no one is near him in assists.