Author Topic: Celtics (5-0) at Wolves (1-3) 11/4  (Read 83520 times)

Re: Celtics (5-0) at Wolves (1-3) 11/4
« Reply #480 on: November 05, 2009, 08:56:44 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Important, though, to win on nights when you're off - and a lot of key people were off last night. One of those "bad Rondo" nights that worries me.

18points on 50% shooting, 6assists, 4boards, 3steals, and 2turnovers for Rondo. His defense was a bit suspect, but his man wasn't the one burning us. He was our best starter if not player last night.

Yeah I didn't see much bad Rondo last night.  He keyed the rally in the third quarter.  It was more the Wolves simply not covering him under the basket, but he still was finishing around the rim.  He had that key steal and breakaway layup as well.  I thought Rajon looked pretty good last night.  It was a good win in an emotional game, second night of a back to back, where most of the big guns weren't on the top of their game.

It was nice that he was able to roam around free on the offensive end, however, I think he was gambling way too much on defense.

Re: Celtics (5-0) at Wolves (1-3) 11/4
« Reply #481 on: November 05, 2009, 09:18:13 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Important, though, to win on nights when you're off - and a lot of key people were off last night. One of those "bad Rondo" nights that worries me.

18points on 50% shooting, 6assists, 4boards, 3steals, and 2turnovers for Rondo. His defense was a bit suspect, but his man wasn't the one burning us. He was our best starter if not player last night.

Yeah I didn't see much bad Rondo last night.  He keyed the rally in the third quarter.  It was more the Wolves simply not covering him under the basket, but he still was finishing around the rim.  He had that key steal and breakaway layup as well.  I thought Rajon looked pretty good last night.  It was a good win in an emotional game, second night of a back to back, where most of the big guns weren't on the top of their game.

It was nice that he was able to roam around free on the offensive end, however, I think he was gambling way too much on defense.

Agreed.

He was constantly dropping off Flynn and kept unnecessarily switching his man on defense. The Timber wolves weren't capitalizing on these mistakes the same way better teams would so we got lucky.