Author Topic: A-ROD didn't hit a home run  (Read 2652 times)

A-ROD didn't hit a home run
« on: November 01, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
A-Rod didn't hit a home run.  Umps gave it to him.   Watch the replays, the camera is hanging over the fence and in the field of play.  Ball looks like it is hitting the top of the fence.  Umps go in the dugout at 1:25 on the mlb.com replay and come out at 1:45 signaling home run.  They are saying that before the game they made a rule that if a ball hits a camera in the outfield it is a home run, but Charlie Manuel is saying he did not know anything about it. 

Re: A-ROD didn't hit a home run
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Odd place for a camera and I don't like that it was either slightly hanging over the fence or just very close to it, but there's no doubt that that was a home run. I'm rooting against the Yankees as hard as anyone but even if I concede that the camera was hanging over the fence (and if it was it  was only by a small, small amount), the baseball hit right in the middle of the lens and easily above the fence.

Besides, if the umps say that they made that rule, what reason do we have not to believe them? I hate the Yankees, I hate A-Rod, but that was homer.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 01:16:10 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
I like A-Rod and I like the Yankees, ball wasn't a home run. Go to mlb.com and watch from 0:39 to 0:41, ball isn't clearing plain and simple.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
The thing about the call I don't like is this.
They didn't call it a HR because it was going over the fence. 
They called it a HR because the umps said that before the game they made a rule that if a ball hit an outfield camera it is a HR.  But Charlie Manuel didn't know anything about it.
I'm saying that if a Phillie hit the camera, the umps could have said they made a rule before the game that puts the camera in play and it would be a double, because either way Charlie doesn't know anything about.
And some people are saying blame your own ballpark, but the camera man has nothing to do with the ballpark they are part of the TV stations they are not Phillies cameramen.