Author Topic: What are some of the most notable things you ever ate and what were the results?  (Read 51276 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm not the biggest fan of turning food into a speed thing. Not overly judging anyone. I'm  just sayin.

Some of the stories you guy have are startin to scare me.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Haven't really done the eating challenge thing.

But I have ate both alligator and rattlesnake.

Is the rattle snake kinda like gator? What's snake like?

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Haven't really done the eating challenge thing.

But I have ate both alligator and rattlesnake.

Is the rattle snake kinda like gator? What's snake like?

They're both pretty chewy but a relatively normal taste.  Nothing exotic tasting.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I had beet and milk stew soup once and it was way better than I thought it would be

I had cold salami with root beer and illegal home made vodka that the cop made and showed up with when my brother in law took me and the crew "fishing"

That's about 4 days of my life I wish I had back

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Never really eaten anything too notable - gator and rattlesnake as some have mentioned.  I ate raw salmon right out of the stream on a trip to Alaska, and that was amazingly good.  Most remarkable eating habit was probably during my protein loading days, I was going through 20-25 cans of tuna fish a week, for about a year and a half or so.  No mayo, just the fish and usually some cayenne.  It's a miracle anyone wanted to kiss me those days.  Got no taste for the stuff now, of course.

Most notable thing I ever drank was genuine North Carolina backwoods moonshine out of a Mason jar with a cinnamon stick in it, heated up on an outdoor grill.  It was tasty and surprisingly smooth.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Never really eaten anything too notable - gator and rattlesnake as some have mentioned.  I ate raw salmon right out of the stream on a trip to Alaska, and that was amazingly good.  Most remarkable eating habit was probably during my protein loading days, I was going through 20-25 cans of tuna fish a week, for about a year and a half or so.  No mayo, just the fish and usually some cayenne.  It's a miracle anyone wanted to kiss me those days.  Got no taste for the stuff now, of course.

Most notable thing I ever drank was genuine North Carolina backwoods moonshine out of a Mason jar with a cinnamon stick in it, heated up on an outdoor grill.  It was tasty and surprisingly smooth.
TP for the fish and moonshine

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
My grandmother once served me some kind of testicle. I don't remember what animal it was from, maybe a sheep, maybe a pig. I didn't eat it, but she did and said with gusto, "I love testicles!" Obviously a horrifying moment on many levels.

I have an aunt from Mexico who served me fried blood, but couldn't eat that either.

In terms of quantity, when I used to live in Tennessee there was a place that had all-you-can-eat pork ribs on Tuesdays. I went there not every week, but almost. I think the most I ever ate was between 40 or 50 ribs.

Best meal I ever had was a kobe steak paired with a merlot from Washington State with chocolate creme brulee for dessert.

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
My grandmother once served me some kind of testicle. I don't remember what animal it was from, maybe a sheep, maybe a pig. I didn't eat it, but she did and said with gusto, "I love testicles!" Obviously a horrifying moment on many levels.

I have an aunt from Mexico who served me fried blood, but couldn't eat that either.

In terms of quantity, when I used to live in Tennessee there was a place that had all-you-can-eat pork ribs on Tuesdays. I went there not every week, but almost. I think the most I ever ate was between 40 or 50 ribs.

Best meal I ever had was a kobe steak paired with a merlot from Washington State with chocolate creme brulee for dessert.

You should try fried blood, it's not bad at all.  We have it in Brazil and it's kind of like Slim Jim.  We have a lot of street vendors selling those, but those are a little more questionable. 
Baby Jesus!

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I've been able to drink moonshine on multiple occasions and everytime afterwards I reached the conclusion  that if given the choice between being kicked in the man parts or drinking the moonshine, I would choose the former.

What's squirrel like?

It was kinda like a nutty version of chicken. I don't know how else to describe it. I would say if I hadn't of known it was squirrle and just based it on taste alone the meal would've been completely uneventful.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Hey are there certain religions that can't have the blood thing? I don't want to offer some to the wrong guy, not that I have it much.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Turtle Burger

My mom used to make turtle soup. One time she made it with bad meat, it never made the menu again.

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Cheerios and Red Bull.

We had no milk.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Cheerios and Red Bull.

We had no milk.

was it good?

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Cheerios and Red Bull.

We had no milk.

was it good?

Horrible.. Like I gagged.

It was for a series me and my friend are working on for youtube called "What May (or may not) go good with Red Bull."

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Cheerios and Red Bull.

We had no milk.

was it good?

Horrible.. Like I gagged.

It was for a series me and my friend are working on for youtube called "What May (or may not) go good with Red Bull."

TP for the attempt. if it had worked you would have revolutionized breakfast worldwide for generations to come.