Author Topic: What are some of the most notable things you ever ate and what were the results?  (Read 51269 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nothing too impressive for me. I have a small amount of pride that I ate from all 5 vertebrate groups

I guess whole baby octopus. Not too bad, but not doing it again

chicken feet.  Not so good and not doing it again

human flesh when I was in the Andes....delicious!

I had some sort of pork fillet and hollandaise pizza at this place
http://www.cili.lt/index.php/about_cili/history/230

Also a banana and chicken at a place called Yellow Submarine Pizza in Utena. The place has a Beatles theme

They were very good

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This is a different kind of notable but once  I ate three super burritos from Anna's Taqueria.

The best meals I ever had in no particular order have been at Hamersleys in Boston, A tiny Italian restaurant on the border of Italy and France and an Italian restaurant in Montreal that had a wall of famous people who went there and was set in a dimly lit wine cellar type area.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
When I was a kid I used to eat peanut butter & tuna fish sandwiches.  :D

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

eeewwwwww.  were they good? Must've been if you kept eating them

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

eeewwwwww.  were they good? Must've been if you kept eating them

I probably ate them for about a year then all of a sudden thought they were gross, haha.

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
Turtle Burger

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Turtle Burger

woah. I must know everything

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
The "Fat Chick"
eat the whole thing in under 30 minutes & get a free t-shirt!The "Fat Chick"

20oz of breaded chicken breast, way too much grilled bacon, loads of melted monterey jack cheese and a mound of sauteed onions served on a toasted kaiser roll with what can only be described as an excessive amount of French-fries. Eat the whole thing in under 30-minutes & get a free t-shirt!

This resulted in my having a sweet t-shirt and spending a good ammount of time in the bathroom following. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I once ate a glutton burger from here
http://local.yahoo.com/info-11759140-orbakers-drive-in-williamson

The Glutton burger consists of 2 steak burgers, 3 slices of ham, 4 slices of swiss cheese, 4 slices of bacon, lettuce, tomato, mustard, special sauce, relish, and hot sauce on a toasted bun.

Basically if there is a "pancake challenge" or "steak challenge" or "burger challenge" I will do it.

If it is a hot challenge or wing challenge I will not. Eating more than 20 wings in a sitting should be a sin punishable by flogging, and there is nothing fun about sitting around in a pool of your own sweat and tears after you just tried the "six wing" challenge but they neglected to tell you that all the wings were dosed in mad dog 357.

As far as weird things, I've eaten alligator, squirrle, squid, sweetbreads of most major domesticated animals, I dunno..I've eaten a lot of stuff.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Haven't really done the eating challenge thing.

But I have ate both alligator and rattlesnake.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
A couple of weeks ago I ate 16 soft taco's from taco bell...gross

grub worms in australia...

sweatbreads

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Used to eat Friskies when I was a kid... I went to Hell night at a Boston bar which is a hot food eating contest.  I ate a plate of habernero pasta which was about 3/4 sliced haberneros and 1/4 pasta.  I managed to get it down and won a prize.  I was drenched with sweat, my nose was running, and my eyes were red and watering. But before I went home I had to empty the contents of my stomach in the toilet.  It was brutal.

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
and for anyone that lives in or near Rhode Island, there is a new resteraunt that I would suggest challenging yourself at.  some of the options:

Frankenstein - A MONSTER SANDWICH of 2 Gold Label Burgers, Jumbo Kosher Hot Dog, Double Smokehouse Bacon, Double American Cheese, Piled High with Sirloin Chili, Cole Slaw & Sweet Relish on 2 Buttered Rolls

Fatty Melt - Gold Label Burger Served Between 2 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Double Bypass - 2 Gold Label Burgers, Double Cheddar Cheese, Smokehouse Bacon, Fried Egg, Mayonnaise, Lettuce, Tomato

http://www.luxeburgerbar.com/meat_the_burgers.php

The best part - when you eat those incredibly large items, they time you, and the fastest goes on the wall.  and it should be noted, these arent mcdonalds burgers...they are big.  I think, if I remember correctly, someone at the fatty melt in like 2 minutes...

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I once ate a glutton burger from here
http://local.yahoo.com/info-11759140-orbakers-drive-in-williamson

The Glutton burger consists of 2 steak burgers, 3 slices of ham, 4 slices of swiss cheese, 4 slices of bacon, lettuce, tomato, mustard, special sauce, relish, and hot sauce on a toasted bun.

Basically if there is a "pancake challenge" or "steak challenge" or "burger challenge" I will do it.

If it is a hot challenge or wing challenge I will not. Eating more than 20 wings in a sitting should be a sin punishable by flogging, and there is nothing fun about sitting around in a pool of your own sweat and tears after you just tried the "six wing" challenge but they neglected to tell you that all the wings were dosed in mad dog 357.

As far as weird things, I've eaten alligator, squirrle, squid, sweetbreads of most major domesticated animals, I dunno..I've eaten a lot of stuff.
what's squirrel like?

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
My girlfriend has been in Guatemala for the Peace Corps and one of the family that has been taking care of her has made her eat some pretty crazy stuff.  Bull tongue (not bad) but bull's testicles!  Pig head!  Pig blood (actually we have it in Brazil, it's like a mix of Slim Jim and sausage).  The funniest thing is, those aren't really native food of Guatemala.  The family was just playing with her and see how far she'd go.

Also, it's not gross and I absolutely love it.  In Brazil we have "Feijoada", which is basically a bean stew.  The history behind it is that during the slavery times in Brazil, the owners would give the slaves a lot of beans and rice to eat (nice cheap food).  However, sometimes the owners would feast on a whole pig, so they would give the slaves all the parts they don't use, you know, the feet, ears, tail...  Well, the slaves would dump it all in the beans and make a stew out of it.  Today it's one of Brazil's most authentic food and it is really delicious.  THey have added more meat to it, but the flavor of the pig on the stew makes truly amazing.
Baby Jesus!