Author Topic: Is uncharted: drakes fortune worth a pick up?  (Read 2673 times)

Is uncharted: drakes fortune worth a pick up?
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
So here's the deal. My birthday gift card to best buy was GOING to be dragon age for the 360.

But, do to my 360 being gone a month and hating the controls on the PS3 for RPG's ive decided to audible.

I'm for sure picking up Uncharted 2 instead of Dragon age. My question is, with uncharted dropping to 29.99, is it worth the pick up? im considering picking it up as well and playing the two of them in order.

Thoughts?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Is uncharted: drakes fortune worth a pick up?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 06:00:45 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
yes it is its an anazing game. the second is even better but you need to play the first as well.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:49:18 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
you don't need to play it to understand the second but the first game is so good that you will miss out.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, the first one is definitely a fun game.  It's not as amazing as Fallout or Mass Effect, but absolutely it was a good game.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 07:15:12 PM »

Offline wjb3000

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Although Among Thieves is slightly better than Drake's Fortune, Drakes Fortune is still definitely worth buying. 

If your gift card is for Best Buy you may want to go in and get something this week.  They are having a sale where if you buy 2 games you get the third one for free for everything $59.99 and less.  You could get 3 quality $30 games with your $60 (I assume) gift card.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Although Among Thieves is slightly better than Drake's Fortune, Drakes Fortune is still definitely worth buying. 

If your gift card is for Best Buy you may want to go in and get something this week.  They are having a sale where if you buy 2 games you get the third one for free for everything $59.99 and less.  You could get 3 quality $30 games with your $60 (I assume) gift card.

I saw that on the website, it's in store as well?

I will definitely do that then, TP's to all!

Side note....any good ps3 exclusives I should target? Right now my ps3 library is pretty small.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I saw that on the website, it's in store as well?

I will definitely do that then, TP's to all!

Side note....any good ps3 exclusives I should target? Right now my ps3 library is pretty small.

The two Resistance games were pretty good, and the Ninja Gaiden games on PS3 have quite a bit of added content.  Killzone 2, for sure.  I enjoy Wipeout, which is available on the PS network.  Heavenly Sword was a lot of fun, but short.  Metal Gear 4, of course, is a fan favorite.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:16:25 AM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
ratchet and clank and infamoous are must buys as well