Author Topic: Hypothetical Situation Cavs add Stephen Jackson  (Read 3878 times)

Hypothetical Situation Cavs add Stephen Jackson
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:35:28 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I just don't see how Cavs can compete with the Celtics or the Magic. I know Lebron is good, but he alone can't win it. Watching the game tonight, I'm convinced Stephen Jackson will magically find his way to Cleveland. Question: How does it change their dynamic? Stephen 6th man or Do you start him? What Position? And Do we have enough to beat that team? Maybe make a mid-season trade to negate the Stephen Jackson trade? If so Who can we get?

Re: Hypothetically Situation Cavs add Stephen Jackson
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:37 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
What makes us better than the Cavs is the fact that our frontcourt can outrun them down the court. Stephen Jackson will help becuase whenever LBJ isn't out there our bench is better in EVERY matchup.

But judging by the way Marquis+Pierce tag teamed Lebron on opening night makes me giddy, imagine what they could do defensively after an 82 game season... Jackson can't do anything to stop that, Artest could but Jackson can't.

Come playoff time they can have Mo, Parker, Lebron, Verajao, Big Z, AND Shaq out there and we'll outrun them for easy baskets. Or atleast create matchup problems and get fouls.

If they don't go on that silly run becuase of our butterflies we blow them out.

Re: Hypothetically Situation Cavs add Stephen Jackson
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
What makes us better than the Cavs is the fact that our frontcourt can outrun them down the court. Stephen Jackson will help becuase whenever LBJ isn't out there our bench is better in EVERY matchup.

But judging by the way Marquis+Pierce tag teamed Lebron on opening night makes me giddy, imagine what they could do defensively after an 82 game season... Jackson can't do anything to stop that, Artest could but Jackson can't.

Come playoff time they can have Mo, Parker, Lebron, Verajao, Big Z, AND Shaq out there and we'll outrun them for easy baskets. Or atleast create matchup problems and get fouls.

If they don't go on that silly run becuase of our butterflies we blow them out.

If they have 6 men on the court I think they would be the ones causing the matchup problems.  ;)

Re: Hypothetical Situation Cavs add Stephen Jackson
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 01:05:45 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Yeah after tonight I think Cleveland will feel the pressure to upgrade even more.  They'll be making a lot of calls to GSW over the next few weeks.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 08:28:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
I was worried about the Cavs big man depth if they lost Big Z ... but after watching them against the C's last night ... yeah, I definitely think they should try to make that Stephen Jackson trade.

I'd like to see them move LeBron to power forward in that starting unit. Then use Varejao as their sixth man, with Hickson as their fourth string big. Jackson gives the perimeter enough talent to live without Bron.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:31:11 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
What kind of pieces would the cavs have to move to bring in Jax?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Jax is absolutely what Cleveland needs, but what do they really have to offer up?  You'd think Golden State would want at least a decent young prospect in addition to some expiring contracts, and I'm note sure that Cleveland really has all that much to offer.

Of course, a 2011 first round draft pick could be one helluva chip.  If LeBron stays, it'll be in the bottom three or four selections, but if he bolts.......  that's a top-three pick, guaran'sheed. 

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 09:11:05 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Agreed, that could be a good chip, but if Jax goes to cleveland, Bron Bron may wont to stay.  But I dont know who they really have in that young prospect category.  Hickson is really the only player I can think of, and he isnt really very attractive.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:31 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
That's the conundrum....  and I don't think Cleveland offers it up, because if LeBron DOES bolt, they'll absolutely NEED that pick to be able to rebuild.  Cleveland's not the kind of city that's going to attract a lot of free agents, you know?

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 09:14:38 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Cleveland's offer would have to be something like Big Z's deal, JJ Hickson, and picks. Those are the only three pieces they have to move. But currently that would decimate their rotation as it'd take away two rotation bigs.

If Cleveland does make a move for Stephen Jackson they need a  third team, or another trade/move to fill out their roster.

That's assuming that GSW are even open to a package built around Z/Hickson.

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Cleveland won't, and shouldn't, give up JJ Hickson for Stephen Jackson. The Cavs front office + LeBron absolutely love Hickson.

The Cavs offer will almost entirely be an expiring contract (maybe a heavily protected first rounder too, or some low level prospect like Danny Green) ... which is good value for Jax, although, GSW don't understand that yet.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Cleveland won't, and shouldn't, give up JJ Hickson for Stephen Jackson. The Cavs front office + LeBron absolutely love Hickson.

The Cavs offer will almost entirely be an expiring contract (maybe a heavily protected first rounder too, or some low level prospect like Danny Green) ... which is good value for Jax, although, GSW don't understand that yet.
GSW won't sell Stephen Jackson this year for just an expiring deal unless things get a lot worse.

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:56 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The Cavs will offer Delonte West, filler and a pick.  GS will say no unless Hickson is included.

Jackson now says hes happy to stay in Golden State so I don't expect anything to happen.

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 10:04:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The Cavs will offer Delonte West, filler and a pick.  GS will say no unless Hickson is included.

Jackson now says hes happy to stay in Golden State so I don't expect anything to happen.
GSW's are going to want a bigger expiring contract than West's deal....

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
The Cavs wouldn't give up Hickson for Vince Carter. They're not going to give him up for Stephen Jackson.