Author Topic: Wow. Somebody worked hard on the CB calendar if it recognizes United Nations Day  (Read 14475 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
woah woah waoh.  Mischief Night?

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
woah woah waoh.  Mischief Night?

Yeah, apparently it's one of those "national holidays found on every calendar". ;)

October 30.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
We actually hold hands and sing Kumbaya and have a candlelit vigil.  We then donate half our yearly earnings to the UN because of how much better they make the world.

Of course, I'm joking.  Instead I was originally taking issue with how it's not entirely fair to take issue with one holiday and not all.  That was before the CG police came in baiting me and lectured on what is a holiday and how I am a bully.
God bless and good night!

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Dang it, I missed Leif Erikson Day, on October 9.  My calendar overlooked it, for whatever reason.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Secretary's Day. Highly underrated and the only day that gets you in trouble if you publicly acknowledge it.

I gave a woman flowers or something for that day and she didn't like it cause she was an "administrative assistant" or something and a team member just like everyone else.

[dang] Hallmark to Hell

Also it reminds me of when Steve Martin did the Oscars and that year I think Maggie Gylenhal was in The Secretary and he was like "This year featured a film about a secretary who has to wear skimpy clothing and crawl into her bosses office like a dog. And they say there are no roles in Hollywood for women"

Greatest Oscars ever.

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Master Mason
Dang it, I missed Leif Erikson Day, on October 9.  My calendar overlooked it, for whatever reason.

Mine has it.  I bought it in a gift shop in Bangor, ME.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
We actually hold hands and sing Kumbaya and have a candlelit vigil.  We then donate half our yearly earnings to the UN because of how much better they make the world.

Of course, I'm joking.  Instead I was originally taking issue with how it's not entirely fair to take issue with one holiday and not all.  That was before the CG police came in baiting me and lectured on what is a holiday and how I am a bully.

So you're saying you shouldn't ever say "that shouldn't be a holiday" because you're being unfair to the other holidays? Mkay.

I admit there are holidays I'm not keen on. They seem made upish to me.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Mine has it.  I bought it in a gift shop in Bangor, ME.
[dang]. You have an interesting calendar Brick

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

How dare you insult King Tut Day?! (November 4)  Or Floor Mat Day! (November 16)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_holidays_by_country#United_States_of_America

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

How dare you insult King Tut Day?! (November 4)  Or Floor Mat Day! (November 16)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_holidays_by_country#United_States_of_America

You just had to pick the only two you can't click on.

Who the heck makes these days? King Tut Day. They don't have it in Egypt, but they have it in America

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Master Mason

You just had to pick the only two you can't click on.

Who the heck makes these days? King Tut Day. They don't have it in Egypt, but they have it in America

I see three you can't click on.

I bet they're all real, too.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Wahoo!  Superbowl Sunday is on the wikipedia calendar!  That is definitely the coolest holiday.

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Dont forget this one. I call in sick every year for this.

http://www.gone-ta-pott.com/make_your_own_head_day.html
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
That's a hillarious site angryguy

Like the fact there are 12 months but according to your site there are 23 food months.

Data Protection Day?

International Mother Language Day

Darwin Day

World Wear Odd Socks Day

Gold mine

The only day missing is international Make Up a Holiday Day

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I also didn't know there were international years, like when 2004 was the International Year of Rice (I assume they mean the food and not Jerry or the university)