Author Topic: Remember who really believed when the stories change  (Read 88745 times)

Re: Remember who really believed when the stories change
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
For the record, I think if the C's do stand pat (or just get Nate), they are going to roll off 15 or 16 wins in the next 20 games.  I still don't feel confident about this team in the playoffs, but I really think the buildup to the trade deadline has taken a huge toll on some of these guys (Ray Allen), and they will loosen up a lot once it is past.  I also think KG will continue to improve as he gets further from his latest injury, and the chemistry will continue to improve now that everyone is healthy.

I still hope they make a big move now, because the gap with Cleveland just became much bigger, but if they don't, I think they will rise back up to be the second best team in the East.

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:26 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
For the record, I think if the C's do stand pat (or just get Nate), they are going to roll off 15 or 16 wins in the next 20 games.  I still don't feel confident about this team in the playoffs, but I really think the buildup to the trade deadline has taken a huge toll on some of these guys (Ray Allen), and they will loosen up a lot once it is past.  I also think KG will continue to improve as he gets further from his latest injury, and the chemistry will continue to improve now that everyone is healthy.

I still hope they make a big move now, because the gap with Cleveland just became much bigger, but if they don't, I think they will rise back up to be the second best team in the East.

I agree with everything you said Chris... But I still believe we can win it!!... (People may say I'm blinding myself but I still have hope!).
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I agree with everything you said Chris... But I still believe we can win it!!... (People may say I'm blinding myself but I still have hope!).

Oh, I believe we can too, if everything comes together, the chemistry starts to work, and most importantly, KG can pull it together to be effective, despite his lack of athleticism.

An injury or two on the Cavs wouldn't hurt matters either.

Ultimately though, I think the C's are major underdogs at this point.  But they are by no means cooked. 

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 10:38:09 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Oh, I believe we can too, if everything comes together, the chemistry starts to work, and most importantly, KG can pull it together to be effective, despite his lack of athleticism.

An injury or two on the Cavs wouldn't hurt matters either.

Ultimately though, I think the C's are major underdogs at this point.  But they are by no means cooked. 

I agree.

We are major underdogs but we still definitely can bring home banner 18 and I hope nobody gets injured on the Cavs or any team we face because I want to beat them all at full strength.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2010, 10:49:19 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

If we do win 15 or 16 out of the next 20 games, I think the rest of the league should be very worried.  One of the main things missing since Christmas (and all of the injuries) is our swagger.  A stretch like you are talking about would more than bring that back.

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
What scares me about the whole "they team is just injured and needs to get better theory" is that I am doing a little research on PFs, SGs, and SFs who have player more than 30000 minutes in the NBA

I'm doing it for a future thread that I want to write if our woes continue

So far the data is staggering and scary as to what we can expect from Pierce, Ray and KG going forward based solely on the history of other players performances when they reach the 30000, 35000 and 40000 minute marks in their careers

And most of these players that reach these marks are former All-Stars and Hall of Famers just like our Big Three

We might need to face the reality that they might not be ABLE to recover from their injuries during the year while playing through them and that when they do fully recover, they will never be what they were and maybe not even close to what they were
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2010, 04:38:59 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Well, I guess we can now apply this to all those who didn't write Ray off. Well done Ray :D

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2010, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Sign me up as a believer!

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2010, 02:51:27 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
The negative posters who pride themselves for being "realists" seem to not know the meaning of the word.  If the playoffs were a one and done event, and last night was the finals, we would be "done".  However, that is not the case.  We still have games to play.  We have bested the Cavs on their court, they have won on ours.  That seems to me to be a wash.  Rondo is proving that he is one of the absolute best point guards in the league.  Rondo is on our team.  Last night Marquis played through the flu.  In the second half the flu won and Marquis ran out of gas.  Paul Pierce did not play because of an injured thumb.  That is not an excuse, that is a fact.  Marquis will get over the flu.  Paul's thumb will heal.  KG's stamina will improve.  Even if these things do not happen, there is no guarantee that the Lakers, Cavs, etc.  will remain healthy through the next 25 games.  If the sky is truly falling, I know who's head I want it to fall on, because the Celtics will be fine.  There is no guarantee in sports that a particular team will win a championship.  The Celtics STILL have as good a chance as any other until they are defeated in a series.   I really don't know what else to say, except that I am disappointed that so many share in a defeatist attitude, giving up before the game has been played out, so to speak... instead of looking forward to continuedimprovement, in effect quitting and giving up.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

For the record again...I still believe this.

« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2010, 04:02:11 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
This thread has a sticky. Rather ironic given today's result. Or last Thursday's result. Or...

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I still believe, anyway.

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Have not believed since the beginning of this year and believe even less now.

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2010, 04:25:51 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
No change in the story here. I called this situation six weeks ago, and I've seen absolutely nothing to change my mind.

No title. No finals appearance. Probably no appearance in the conference finals.

Too old. WAY too unathletic.

I'm grateful for the title in 2008. The trades were worthwhile. Not going to belittle anyone who still thinks a title is possible this year.

But the films don't lie. It's over. Done. Finito. Kaput. The window, as I said weeks ago, is shut.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 05:51:03 PM by CoachBo »
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2010, 04:28:58 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I''m still a believer.