Author Topic: All I want for Christmas is a post player.  (Read 1671 times)

All I want for Christmas is a post player.
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:23:47 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
It is our number one weakness. We need somebody who you can dump the ball down in the post late in games. Particularly in the playoffs when the game slows down. We are so tied to our jump shooting that when it failed us down the stretch tonight, we lost. Hopefully Sullinger can help some.

I just can not watch Brandon Bass play at the power forward spot. It is painful to say the least. To have a post presence would let our shooters flourish, may open up driving lanes. (That depends, some post guys really clog things up and are black holes with the ball) The main help would be the high percentage shots and the foul trouble we could put teams in.

There are some post players out there who will be free agents. I think wishing for Big Al Jefferson is a bit much but I am sure we can find an upgrade over Bass. He has been an utter disappointment.   

Re: All I want for Christmas is a post player.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:07 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Welcome to your 2011 Boston Celtics.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:32:45 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
how many post players are in the heat's rotation? how about the clippers? contenders no longer have post players. its the new era of quick and athletic 4's and 5's. Learn it and realize it.

BTW big al sucks. black hole on offense, and doesnt play any defense.

Upgrading bass? who exactly would take bass and give us something better?

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:22:23 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Melo and White can help in the post but Doc doesn't even try to develop them and use their strengths.. We'd need them come playoff time..

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 04:09:07 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
how many post players are in the heat's rotation? how about the clippers? contenders no longer have post players. its the new era of quick and athletic 4's and 5's. Learn it and realize it.

did you see the OKC last year? they really need a big body guy, since ibaka and perkins was there, bosh and battier pushes ibaka outside so the defense is gone,
if you look at the pacers, hibbert and west and some big guys
memphis gasol + randolph, duncan + pf, i think this team has the chance to beat the heat,
going small ball though miami heat you cannot beat them, lakers also have a chance. if gasol and howard are healthy

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:04 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

memphis gasol + randolph, duncan + pf, i think this team has the chance to beat the heat,
going small ball though miami heat you cannot beat them, lakers also have a chance. if gasol and howard are healthy
we were up 17 with brandon bass playing center for us.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 04:47:59 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

we were up 17 with brandon bass playing center for us.

i don't think so... i saw him on dwight...
put bosh at center with bass and haslem on pf, with kg out,
maybe the point here is BOSH WADE JAMES are monsters come playoffs, so putting bass at center? bad idea

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Cs would be canny to find a low post threat from somewhere, always good to have a few options in the tool kit when Plan A falls in the toilet. I'm also not happy about this live by the jumpshot die by the jumpshot philosophy. Big Al isn't the answer though.