Author Topic: Isiah Thomas miffed at Magic's comments in new book  (Read 11180 times)

Re: Isiah Thomas miffed at Magic's comments in new book
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Funny that Thomas questions his sexuality with this picture floating around... I hate Isiah.

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 10:14:05 PM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't care about the Magic and Isiah thing but I am looking forward to reading Jackie Mac's Book When the game was ours.

Kind of sad that the only thing that is makeing any pub out of this book is the Magic and Isiah thing cuz from the little bit I just saw on SportsTonight Jackie has some great stuff about Bird and Magic witch is who this book is really about. Isiah seems to be a side note in the book. So I can't wait to read some new stuff that I might not have known.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:22:41 PM by BBS »

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Yeah, Isiah, and Larry Bird is still just another average white player.  Oh, do words hurt people?  You jack leg.

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 11:39:22 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Even back in 1991, you had to be a closed-minded idiot to think that HIV/AIDS was just a "gay disease."

That's why I never understood why people were proud of Ronald Reagan. To this day, I still don't. That's another discussion. Have a Tommy Point.

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 11:55:17 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Isiah was always that "type" of friend you had that you KNEW the moment you turned around they would rip you to shreds. Then when you confronted them about it they would act stupid and when you turned around they'd repeat the process....
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 11:45:53 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
 :D.  Which narcissist do you believe here? 

Somebody with the resume of Isiah Thomas'.... ;D ;D

The only person "afflicted  ;D" with a virus who has gained weight while "afflicted  ;D" and some 20 years later is  as healthy as when "discovered  ;D"? 

I'd sooner listen to steven i smith than either of the two above.

;D ;D  This just in....Johnson is "afflicted  ;D" and tupac is dead.

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 11:48:10 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Good ... I'm happy as heck anytime Zeke is "miffed" ... love it!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
Yeah, will somebody please get Isiah some Midol.

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The 1985 All-Star thing never did make any sense to me since Magic wasn't playing in the East and couldn't pass MJ the ball. I had heard this rumor a few times before and always shook my head in misunderstanding as to Magic's involvement.

Now that I think about it, maybe the idea is that Magic used his popularity and stature to get the Eastern players to participate in the freezeout.  I've always heard Isiah was the main culprit though.
I've understood it to be partly Magic's idea.  He and Isiah agreed what the east would do.  Of course Magic can deny it, it's his book.

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

The only person "afflicted  ;D" with a virus who has gained weight while "afflicted  ;D" and some 20 years later is  as healthy as when "discovered  ;D"? 

In the press conference, Magic said he had "attained" the virus.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2009, 02:03:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I was having a discussion with a friend about Steroids a couple weeks ago.  Basically we had both seen/heard various reports that Steroids aren't necessarily as bad as everyone makes it out to be.  I've heard interviews with doctors that seem to suggest that IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, it's actually pretty darn safe.  I mean... there is a big difference in ordering some horse steroids off the internet as opposed to going through a cycle carefully with a trained doctor.   That's a whole different discussion, but I just wanted to mention that while having this conversation it came up that steroids actually can be helpful for HIV patients. 

It actually makes sense when you think about it.  Go ahead and google "Steroids HIV" and you'll see tons of articles about the benefits of using anabolic steroids.  Obviously, one of the main results is gains in weight and muscle mass.  Knowing this, I'm pretty much 100% convinced that Magic was taking steroids (along with a lot of other drugs, I'm sure) after getting HIV.  Obviously he had a team of doctors and an endless supply of money to make sure that it was taken carefully with proper supervision.  This fully explains why when he briefly returned to playing basketball in 1996, he was noticably much bigger and jokingly referred to as "Buff" Johnson. 

Which leaves the following question...  I'm totally serious.... If a HGH/steroid scandal ever broke out in the NBA (people questioning players like Dwight and LeBron), would they ultimately find that Magic Johnson was one of the first to ever use them (in 1996)?  NOt that it matters.  Nobody could possibly fault him.

My only other thought about this topic is that... Magic seems awfully defensive for someone who isn't gay.  I'm just sayin...

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
i dont understand the hate for Isiah. If you look at things a different way, its easy to understand why he might have said these things.
Fact: Magic was a laker. That should answer any question about one's orientation.
Fact: Lakers only sign gay men and bed wetters-see Sasha, Pau and Kobe.
Fact: His last name is Johnson after all.
Fact: The organization loves those short shorts. See exibit A:

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2009, 02:15:56 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!
i dont understand the hate for Isiah. If you look at things a different way, its easy to understand why he might have said these things.
Fact: Magic was a laker. That should answer any question about one's orientation.
Fact: Lakers only sign gay men and bed wetters-see Sasha, Pau and Kobe.
Fact: His last name is Johnson after all.
Fact: The organization loves those short shorts. See exibit A:

And that ref is saying, "Who has two thumbs and is the only one straight in this photo?  This guy!"   ;)

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2009, 02:24:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Can someone sum up the story of the 1985 playoffs for me?  What was the supposed reason for freezing out Jordan? Did they just not like him?

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
What's with all the "Lakers are gay" talk? I just don't get it. ;)

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *