Author Topic: Professional Baskelball player gets banned for a season  (Read 14370 times)

Re: Professional Baskelball player gets banned for a season
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Top teams in this league.

1.Burger King
2.Arby's
3.Jack in the Box
4.Domino's

I really think Arby's is going to win it all, has to be that bronco berry sauce, can't lose if ya got that.

Huh? What league are you talking about? The top teams in the PBA are Alaska Aces, (with Willie Miller they will win it all), Genebra Kings, Trapang Texters (Talk N Text), Realtors (Santa Lucia), and the Energy Boosters (Barako Bull) ... maybe San Migual Beermen and TJ Giants (Pure Foods Hot Dogs), but I don't think BK is as good as everyone thinks ... too weak on defensive assignments and not a deep enough bench, and I don't see the Tigers, Painters or Smart Gilas going too far this year, either ... just not the same level of talent.
TJ... that is just embarrassing. Could you imagine rooting for a team in the NBA called the Tender Juicy Hot Dogs?

I remember around 10 years ago when the PBA and PBL both seemed to get a lot of viewers. They even tried a regional league with the MBA, which was cool because they could actually have home teams. But the NBA became too readily accessible.

I wonder how much of an effect the Phil-Am scandals had on the league.

I am a bit shocked that BK has a team. I remember when they opened the first BK in the Philippines about 10 years ago. Are there a lot of them now in Phils?

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Burger King...Really?

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 09:39:51 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
He should get banned for wearing a Burger King Jersey.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2009, 09:40:33 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
And also for his lack of fighting skills.

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 09:47:05 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

1.Burger King
2.Arby's
3.Jack in the Box
4.Domino's

I really think Arby's is going to win it all, has to be that bronco berry sauce, can't lose if ya got that.

Huh? What league are you talking about? The top teams in the PBA are Alaska Aces, (with Willie Miller they will win it all), Genebra Kings, Trapang Texters (Talk N Text), Realtors (Santa Lucia), and the Energy Boosters (Barako Bull) ... maybe San Migual Beermen and TJ Giants (Pure Foods Hot Dogs), but I don't think BK is as good as everyone thinks ... too weak on defensive assignments and not a deep enough bench, and I don't see the Tigers, Painters or Smart Gilas going too far this year, either ... just not the same level of talent.
TJ... that is just embarrassing. Could you imagine rooting for a team in the NBA called the Tender Juicy Hot Dogs?

I remember around 10 years ago when the PBA and PBL both seemed to get a lot of viewers. They even tried a regional league with the MBA, which was cool because they could actually have home teams. But the NBA became too readily accessible.

I am a bit shocked that BK has a team. I remember when they opened the first BK in the Philippines about 10 years ago. Are there a lot of them now in Phils?

yeah i think so. me and my friends used to hang out and play cards during my freshman year at BK coz of the refillable drinks

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 09:52:11 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Wow..Thrilla in Manila. Sad.

The venue is actually where Thrilla in Manila was held.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Wow..Thrilla in Manila. Sad.

The venue is actually where Thrilla in Manila was held.

well, at least Manny Pacquiao is still legit, just not on the bball court  :P
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Am I wrong for craving a bucket of chicken and whopper after watching that?

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 12:46:49 AM »

Offline BoyBee

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 10
The D-League is much more interesting anyway:

The White Castle Clam Strips
Denny’s Early Birds
House of Pancakes Bowl Rockers
The Oreo Double Stuffers
Wal-mart Blue Light Specials

And of course… The Subway Foot-Longs (these guys really play ‘small ball’)!
 :o

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 12:53:44 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The PBA is a legitimate league, and very exciting, actually. Being a very poor country, they are somewhat forced into taking sponsorship where they can get it. There are very few foreign countries that take basketball as seriously as the Philippines, and while it's all in good fun to razz their sponsorship names, I loved going to games when I was there, and the level of play is much higher than most here assume. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 01:25:09 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

1.Burger King
2.Arby's
3.Jack in the Box
4.Domino's

yeah i think so. me and my friends used to hang out and play cards during my freshman year at BK coz of the refillable drinks
I kinda miss the malls in the Philippines. Plenty of good malls around Manila. 

One thing I do not miss from the Philippines -- playing basketball against dudes in flip-flops. And playing basketball at 7am to beat the heat.

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 05:10:21 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

1.Burger King
2.Arby's
3.Jack in the Box
4.Domino's

I kinda miss the malls in the Philippines. Plenty of good malls around Manila. 

One thing I do not miss from the Philippines -- playing basketball against dudes in flip-flops. And playing basketball at 7am to beat the heat.

some even play barefooted

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Banishment is a good call, but is this really banishment? Sounds like a suspension since it's just for the season. Anyhow, banning a player from a league would be a good message to send. David Stern should do the same for ignorant people like Gilbert Arenas. Arenas is just stupid.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
don't know about this situation, but once in a while a fan gets what he deserves, like when was at a U.N.H. football game a hundred years ago and the obnoxious fellow fan near me in the endzone stands was yelling all kinds of stupid, obscene stuff at one particular player from the other team, and he wouldn't let up, ruining the game for me and all the other grandmothers there in the endzone, and finally, at a break in the action, that player jogged all the way across his own ten and through the endzone right up this front row loser, invited the fan to say something to his face, then punched him across the face and then jogged back and continued the game.  I know I know, but I kinda felt that fan got what he deserved a little.  He wasn't attacked, he was just....punched....