Author Topic: CelticsBlog Forum Memory Leak  (Read 5050 times)

CelticsBlog Forum Memory Leak
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Since the last week or so, I've been experiencing some serious memory leakage when using Celticsblog, particularly the forum. I browse the forum with Internet Explorer. You can notice that the forum is unable to load completely, and I've been wondering why this is.

I think I've just figured out the problem, and it has to do with the SBNation toolbar. It's not loading, and it's messing up the forum. This doesn't seem to be a problem with the front page.

Please try to fix this when you can, because it's been quite annoying having to terminate my IE sessions constantly because of the memory leak. At times it grabs about 1.5GB of ram.

Thanks.

Anyone else expiriencing this problems by any chance?

Re: CelticsBlog Forum Memory Leak
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've been using google chrome lately...before, IE would do exactly what you're talking about...now, no problems.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Well, I like my IE. But it has never been as bad as it has been lately. Also, the toolbar is not loading on Firefox either from what I can see, though I don't know if it's experiencing memory leakage.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 03:35:15 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I'll submit this to support - thanks for pointing it out
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:24:05 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I had the problem...notice that the site crashed, notice that it was being fixed...but I had to go to NY for the weekend and didn't have a chance to report it.   It does seem to be fixed now.  Sorry I was remiss in reporting it.  I just though SBN was upgrading again.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 07:19:03 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

At times it grabs about 1.5GB of ram.

Sounds like a typical IE problem.  I dropped IE and now use Firefox - I can't believe how much faster everything is.  IE sux
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 07:41:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Sounds like a typical IE problem.  I dropped IE and now use Firefox - I can't believe how much faster everything is.  IE sux

Maybe it was crashing cuz of that weird picture you've got.  ;) Is that bacon? A baguette? A cruller, perhaps?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I was having Firefox problems too with this site. Very annoying.

I think we have moved past the point where Firefox users can look down at IE users. Firefox has plenty of issues of its own.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

Maybe it was crashing cuz of that weird picture you've got.  ;) Is that bacon? A baguette? A cruller, perhaps?

Its bacon.  It may seem weird to some, but those who are in Lucky's fantasy bball leagues get it.  My team's name is "Make Me Some Bacon"  I can't imagine firefox had issues because of my profile pic   ;D
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Its bacon.  It may seem weird to some, but those who are in Lucky's fantasy bball leagues get it.  My team's name is "Make Me Some Bacon"  I can't imagine firefox had issues because of my profile pic   ;D

MMmmmmmmm baaaaaacooooooon.......
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'll submit this to support - thanks for pointing it out
Still is happening to me at work, yesterday was really bad. I'd have the page open for 15 minutes and have to close the whole browser...

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 01:33:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Posted this in Brick's thread.

"The same thing was happening to me yesterday (using IE).  Refreshing the home page didn't fix the problem.

I tried shutting down my PC then going back to the blog and haven't had an issue since.  That may or may not work for everyone.  Just a suggestion."

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 12:37:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I'm still experiencing this problem. The memory leak issues with CB are still there. I installed Google Chrome, and if you notice the status bar while browsing the forum it's eternally waiting and trying to connect to ad.sbnation.com and www35.glam.com

There has to be some integration problem between CB and the SBNation toolbar because the tool bar is missing some components that when compared to it when you're in the CB home page. I don't know if that's the issue here, but it's something...