Author Topic: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)  (Read 30059 times)

Re: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »

Offline Celticsbloke

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
My biggest problems with the game are mostly in association mode. 

The development doesn't work.  It makes players worse and can ruin a young players career.  And another thing that bugs me is the D-League.  Once I send two players down to the red claws I can never send any other players to the d-league again.  Even if I get rid of them it says "you're d-league team already has the maximum (2) players on the roster." 

Those are the 2 things that really bug me.   I have some other minor issues with the draft.

The D-League thing is very annoying.

Also, once you send players down to the D-League, you don't seem to be able to get them back! One of the first things I did when I started association mode was to send Walker and JR down to the D-League. I've played an entire season and I can't find an option to bring them back to the Celtics roster! Is there a way to do this? 

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
About the patches--do you have to download them off of XBOX live, or can you buy a copy of the game that was shipped out with the bugs fixed? 

They aren't going to repress discs. IT will be a free game update on consoles.

I thought they might not have pressed every disc they were going to make ever. Maybe that they did it in batches, idk. I only ask because I don't have XBOX live.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2009, 09:13:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
About the patches--do you have to download them off of XBOX live, or can you buy a copy of the game that was shipped out with the bugs fixed? 

I thought they might not have pressed every disc they were going to make ever. Maybe that they did it in batches, idk. I only ask because I don't have XBOX live.

You don't need to pay for Xbox live to get updates. Just connect your Xbox to an ethernet connection.

The worst thing you might need to do is get teh free live account thing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2009, 09:22:33 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

You don't need to pay for Xbox live to get updates. Just connect your Xbox to an ethernet connection.

Haha believe me I would have no problem with getting the whole Live package if I could--I just physically can't run like 200 feet of ethernet cable down to my basement.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Haha believe me I would have no problem with getting the whole Live package if I could--I just physically can't run like 200 feet of ethernet cable down to my basement.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Network-Adapter_W0QQitemZ220496265215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item335699ffff

You need that guy. I have one, no complaints.

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2009, 11:35:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Update is out...and it is taking FOREVER to download.

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

My xbox red ringed this morning...2 weeks before modern warfare.

this is what it did to me in visual form.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2009, 11:41:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I'm gonna be so much nastier by the time you get your system back. Watchout now!

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm gonna be so much nastier by the time you get your system back. Watchout now!

I saw you having a pretty good my player game yesterday, i love that feature on the friends list.

You were like 12 points, 6 rebs and a couple assists.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I saw you having a pretty good my player game yesterday, i love that feature on the friends list.

They have a word for me...it is versatile.

Coach Alvin Gentry he says to me: Tommy (character's name), what I'm gonna need from you is three baskets from post moves, and limit your opponent to 3 baskets from layins or dunks, all while holding a teammate average of B- or better.

I say to Coach Alvin Gentry: Coach, you try to put a glass ceiling above my head, all you're gonna end up with is an open air family room and multiple lacerations on your feet.

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

My xbox red ringed this morning...2 weeks before modern warfare.

this is what it did to me in visual form.

I actually own this comic. "What if the Avengers had fought Galactus?"

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2009, 03:46:04 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

They have a word for me...it is versatile.

Coach Alvin Gentry he says to me: Tommy (character's name), what I'm gonna need from you is three baskets from post moves, and limit your opponent to 3 baskets from layins or dunks, all while holding a teammate average of B- or better.

I say to Coach Alvin Gentry: Coach, you try to put a glass ceiling above my head, all you're gonna end up with is an open air family room and multiple lacerations on your feet.

I feel like im cheating with the blazers as our third gaurd. I have an ok mid range game and i can pass.... a typical lineup is like Me, Roy, Ariza, Aldridge and oden.

I can't not get assists. We run the pick and role out of iso like it's our job. Normally it's Aldridge setting the pick for Washington (me) with roy/ariza/webster floating out to the corner.

Drive, lob, or three, thats how my bench unit roles :D

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Official patch list is out:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242034

Note: the patch last night was NOT the patch here. they hope to have this out mid-november.

Also...huge screw job on my player mode if you have the Ps3 version.

The xbox will now give users the ability to adjust quarter length in my player (which you could do through an elaborate work around before, but will now just be an option)

It's confirmed, though no reason is given, that the ps3 is locked in at 5 minutes.  :'(

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2009, 07:23:42 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
I like the game, but so far I've been cut and immediately resigned by my d-league team for like 5 games in a row now.  Don't know what's up with that.

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my review....the cover sucks! and so does the tv commercial!  >:(