Author Topic: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)  (Read 29967 times)

Re: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Looks like 2k is at least taking the problems to heart, they are fixing the following in a patch in the next few weeks (yea frame rate issues being the key thing addressed!)

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236237
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2009, 02:08:11 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
first impression:  about as weak as last year

second impression:  this piece of crap game causes my ps3 to constantly freeze in association mode.  I can't get past the draft lotto.   I'm taking it back.  Waste of money.

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 04:22:35 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Looks like 2k is at least taking the problems to heart, they are fixing the following in a patch in the next few weeks (yea frame rate issues being the key thing addressed!)

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236237

On the other hand how can they release a game with so many bugs? Some of them didn`t need extensive testing to be found... For example the clone thing.

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 07:12:51 AM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
dont worry 2k is not the only one to release software with bug just look at the snow leopard bug that delete all the user data yikes

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 07:23:12 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Hmm... I've been playing in both "my player" and "association" mode and am having 0 issues...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 08:53:41 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Possibly you haven`t noticed any.

Can you change the quarter length in My player ? I`ve tried everything but i can`t (pc version)

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Can you change the quarter length in My player ? I`ve tried everything but i can`t (pc version)

It depends (though they are changing it in the patch)

Did the PC have the draft combine download?

The only way to change the time in my player mode is:

1.Start nba2k10
2.before saving ANYTHING change the default settings to your liking (i went superstar/8 minutes.)
3. Save those settings
4. Import your player from draft combine
5. start my player (again, it must be the first thing you do, i had to delete what little i had saved)
6. play a game, if everything went well, you should have your settings loaded into my player.

so, the problem for the PC will be weather you guys got the draft combine stuff (not sure)

also, the framerate issue is crippling on some views, fine on others. for instance, on broadcast, it makes the game nigh unplayable, but i switched (reluctantly) to 2k view, and the framerate issues are no where near as bad.

It also helped me a ton to install it to the hardrive rather than run it off the disc. I would speculate the problem is that the dynamic crowd, while cool, takes a ridiculous amount of CPU power to draw. Installing to the hard drive and a view that limits what you can see of the crowd seems to work wonders.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

1.Start nba2k10
2.before saving ANYTHING change the default settings to your liking (i went superstar/8 minutes.)
3. Save those settings
5. start my player (again, it must be the first thing you do, i had to delete what little i had saved)
6. play a game, if everything went well, you should have your settings loaded into my player.

so, the problem for the PC will be weather you guys got the draft combine stuff (not sure)

also, the framerate issue is crippling on some views, fine on others. for instance, on broadcast, it makes the game nigh unplayable, but i switched (reluctantly) to 2k view, and the framerate issues are no where near as bad.

It also helped me a ton to install it to the hardrive rather than run it off the disc. I would speculate the problem is that the dynamic crowd, while cool, takes a ridiculous amount of CPU power to draw. Installing to the hard drive and a view that limits what you can see of the crowd seems to work wonders.

You know, I haven't had a problem in the D-League Crownsy...

Because mostly they don't send the winners down to the D-League. Tommy Bishop in the house, bounce, y'all already know what I'm about....:)

(Yeah that's right, that's the name of "My Player")
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:28:48 PM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
my game has frozen on 3 different occasions now at the free throw line. the guy just stands there and never gets the ball. i can't call a timeout. i also think some of  the players,like pierce look awful. they look like mutants. for you guys that are playin 2k10, in what way does it beat 2k9. i loved 2k9.

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2009, 03:20:49 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Just got the game! :)

So, I see Lester Hudson is not in the game. I guess I'll have to create him...or I should put Sweetney for the 15th spot instead ;)

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
my game has frozen on 3 different occasions now at the free throw line. the guy just stands there and never gets the ball. i can't call a timeout. i also think some of  the players,like pierce look awful. they look like mutants. for you guys that are playin 2k10, in what way does it beat 2k9. i loved 2k9.

The biggest thing is the new fatigue.  The longer you hold sprint, the faster your player becomes fatigued, this makes online play a lot better when people turn into LeBron and Kobe cheesers and attempt to take 40 shots with both of them because it can't happen anymore.  The menu interface sucks, but I really do like the game so far.
do it

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

1.Start nba2k10
3. Save those settings

You know, I haven't had a problem in the D-League Crownsy...

Because mostly they don't send the winners down to the D-League. Tommy Bishop in the house, bounce, y'all already know what I'm about....:)

(Yeah that's right, that's the name of "My Player")

Leonard Washington

made the blazers squad on the restart, and in 2k view post hard drive install i have no frame rate issues.

we need to do a pick up squad once we get our players up there ratings wise.

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
In my player, the blazers just made the greatest trade of all time.

Our guard rotation was miller, roy, blake, and me.

Andrea miller sucks, steve is good, and I'm lenored Washington, so you better watch your tone.

So what does the AI do? continue to play us all limited minutes at the point?

Nope!

In the greatest AI screw job of all time, we traded miller and a second round draft pick straight up for ariza!

The blazers just became the team to beat in my NBA2k10 :D

(and also i get a ton more playing time as the 3rd guard in the rotation, wooo!)

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 12:14:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I got the sim league for the CB draft about halfway done. I accidentally loaded that roster when I created my guy

So in my little corner of the world, Lebron James is on the Magic, but since I havent done them yet, so is Dwight Howard and Vince Carter.

However I am on the Phoenix Suns, just behind a Mr. Al Jefferson. Josh McRoberts got the axe, and Jason Smith stays inactive.

Ersan Ilyasova is nasty though.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Anybody have issues with coaches doing weird rotations in my player mode? I am a 6'2 PG that got drafted by the Grizzlies. I have seen rotations with Bruce Bowen playing center and myself and AI have been stuck at the 3.

Also, after every game the guy says I have big decision to make about staying where I am or moving somewhere else. Anybody have any insight on that? Thank you