Author Topic: Things I would really like to see in NBA2k10/Live That Won't Be There  (Read 6595 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My top three:

#3: Roster manipulations upgrades, most notably a "manual assign" function
-I just want to be able to click on a player and manually assign him to a team, at will. I don't want to have to workout a complex formula of 'trade, cut, trade, cut', but I want to just assign players to a team however I want in leagues. It would make things like offline drafts, and more accurate sims possible. Like maybe a "roster safe mode", where in order to exit it, teams have to be at 12 + and 15 or less, but while you're screwing around with the rosters, teams can have however many players you want.

#2: Some kind of evolution of the player's personalities.
-I want Perk you get in "almost fights". I want Kobe to beg with a ref, and have it affect future calls (like a minigame or something, where if you screw up, they T you up). I want to be able to have meetings in association and season mode with individual players, to try and keep them happy. I want Latrell Spreewell to choke a guy. Call me petty, but its entertaining.

#1: Better fake news
-More than anything, I want better fake news. NCAA football 2009 almost had it right, but they can do better. News, each week. Interviews, whatever. A more comprehensive experience.

#1a: I almost forgot. I want NBA 2k10 to bring back "NBA 24/7" and make it like the "be a pro" mode, but with interesting news and stuff. Looks like this one will actually happen.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Things I would really like to see in NBA2k10/Live That Won't Be There
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:33:16 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I think they should have included Delonte with a shotty on his back.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 12:34:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I want to have draft picks moved around so i can adjust association mode to be correct. In the real world ext year some teams have already traded away picks to get the players they have, i think you should be able to make it so those picks are actually on the other teams list.

Some people may not like this, so i think you should be able to turn it on/off.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I want to have draft picks moved around so i can adjust association mode to be correct. In the real world ext year some teams have already traded away picks to get the players they have, i think you should be able to make it so those picks are actually on the other teams list.

That's be useful. I'd like that.

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 12:42:22 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I think they should have included Delonte with a shotty on his back.

That'll probably be included in the next edition of those McFarlane NBA toys.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'd settle for just better and more accessible team and league stats.  I've only got 2k8 (so I can play as our title team  ;D) but the stat support is horrible and in some cases nonexistent, and that's always been my favorite thing about sports games.  Really turned me off the series.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I'd settle for just better and more accessible team and league stats.  I've only got 2k8 (so I can play as our title team  ;D) but the stat support is horrible and in some cases nonexistent, and that's always been my favorite thing about sports games.  Really turned me off the series.

Is that the one with Chris Paul on the cover? That's the one I've been playing.. I only buy sports games bi-anually. Don't really ever care about adding rookies or whatever. Can't wait to get my hands on a new basketball game.

When does 2k10 drop? I'm gonna have to run out and buy it day-one and make my own cover for the game so I don't have to look at Kobe everytime I want to play.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

That's be useful. I'd like that.

like whenever i'd play last years game i'd go into association mode and have to give my pick to the t'wolves, but you can't just give it to them.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 01:57:15 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Is that the one with Chris Paul on the cover? That's the one I've been playing.. I only buy sports games bi-anually. Don't really ever care about adding rookies or whatever. Can't wait to get my hands on a new basketball game.

When does 2k10 drop? I'm gonna have to run out and buy it day-one and make my own cover for the game so I don't have to look at Kobe everytime I want to play.

next Tuesday i think (the 6th...might want to check me on that)

Things i'd like to see-

1) is it really so much to ask that the game make generated players look different? they added 3 or 4 new player "types" last year, but by year 10 of franchise, unless you went in post draft or pre and edited potential "star" players to have a distinct look (which i did, guilty) you got the skinny white guy with blonde hair. the skinny black guy with no hair. the fat indeterminate guy with brown hair, the fat white guy with brown/ redish hair (i called this type of regen the scals pals) big black guy with an fro.

that was pretty much it. Also, none of them had any type of distinguishing outfits default (pads, headbands, ect ect) so they all looked like the children of the corn.

I distinctly remember, by the time rondo was ready to retire on me in 2k9, that the nuggets had a full starting lineup of slightly different "scalspals" models. They all looked nearly exactly the same, except for height. I remember laughing as this team of quintuplets ran up and down the court.

It cannot be that difficult to make a random re generator that makes players unique.

2) Hoping the be a pro mode is 1/10th as fun as MLB the show.

3) I'd like to see more interaction between players and coachs as well, but i feel like the NBA doesn't promote that. I'd love to see players personality's get them into trouble though. Mabey get a tech if the game and calls started going against them. I feel like thats more personality than the NBA is willing to allow though.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »

Offline OCsWestCeltic

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Good ideas from the original poster. 

Suggestion, these guys at EA Sports or other companies can use input and feedback like you're suggesting and just maybe you have a future in game development? 

Just say'n...

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
My top three:

#3: Roster manipulations upgrades, most notably a "manual assign" function

#2: Some kind of evolution of the player's personalities.  

#1: Better fake news

#1a: I almost forgot. I want NBA 2k10 to bring back "NBA 24/7" and make it like the "be a pro" mode, but with interesting news and stuff. Looks like this one will actually happen.

I have nba 2k10 already, so I figured I'd help you out and let you know what to expect.

3. Sorry, still the same old, trade/assign/cut deal.

2. No evolution of players personalities, BUT..... While playing they added "emotion" to the players. Rasheed flips out (a little bit), Perk drops the ball instead of handing it to the ref after getting called for a foul. KG starts pounding his chest after a dunk/big play. Even the crowds, and BENCH show emotion. They actually jump up out of their seats on a highlight play.

1. It has the same generic news its always had, BUT..... When you start the game it brings you to "NBA today"(REAL LIFE NBA INFO) which has all of today's games(with current scores/stats), current league leaders, etc. And the announcers will actually have updated commentary based on what your players are doing IN REAL LIFE! (love that feature)

1a. Your going to be VERY VERY VERY happy with this...
It has the My Player mode(be a pro). You start off creating your player and enter the NBA draft. You either get picked or not. You then enter training camp and try to work your way onto a team. If not you are sent to the Dleague and try to get called up. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT mode. I've been playing this instead of regular games, lol.

I'll have opinions on NBA live 10 by the weekend hopefully.

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 03:18:20 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Good ideas from the original poster. 

Suggestion, these guys at EA Sports or other companies can use input and feedback like you're suggesting and just maybe you have a future in game development? 

Just say'n...

Hey, thanks. I've always said that I'm what you call an 'idea man'. I'm not much of a 'do-er', but I'm great at 'talkin bout it' and 'brainstorming'. Doing? No I don't like that. I do like thinkin about it though.

I have nba 2k10 already, so I figured I'd help you out and let you know what to expect.

3. Sorry, still the same old, trade/assign/cut deal.

2. No evolution of players personalities, BUT..... While playing they added "emotion" to the players. Rasheed flips out (a little bit), Perk drops the ball instead of handing it to the ref after getting called for a foul. KG starts pounding his chest after a dunk/big play. Even the crowds, and BENCH show emotion. They actually jump up out of their seats on a highlight play.

1. It has the same generic news its always had, BUT..... When you start the game it brings you to "NBA today"(REAL LIFE NBA INFO) which has all of today's games(with current scores/stats), current league leaders, etc. And the announcers will actually have updated commentary based on what your players are doing IN REAL LIFE! (love that feature)

1a. Your going to be VERY VERY VERY happy with this...
It has the My Player mode(be a pro). You start off creating your player and enter the NBA draft. You either get picked or not. You then enter training camp and try to work your way onto a team. If not you are sent to the Dleague and try to get called up. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT mode. I've been playing this instead of regular games, lol.

I'll have opinions on NBA live 10 by the weekend hopefully.

Yeah that's almost exactly what I was thinking. I downloaded the combine game, and I'm just absolutely itching to do it again.

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Yeah that's almost exactly what I was thinking. I downloaded the combine game, and I'm just absolutely itching to do it again.

If you want, or arent satisfied with the player you made in the Combine, you can do the following;

Go to system, then memory, and find the combine. Then you can see the saved game(not the actual demo, but the save file) and delete it. Now go start the Combine again, and you can start all over and upload a new player. that should hold u until Tuesday.  ;D

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If you want, or arent satisfied with the player you made in the Combine, you can do the following;

Go to system, then memory, and find the combine. Then you can see the saved game(not the actual demo, but the save file) and delete it. Now go start the Combine again, and you can start all over and upload a new player. that should hold u until Tuesday.  ;D

My man. Here are some Tommy Points. Don't spend them all in one place.

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 03:48:53 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
1. A "ego" rating to match the individual players. For instance, having Powe on the bench in 2k9 killed his happiness rating and his overall rating. That's not realistic.

2. More shoe options from other brands like And1, Reebok, Weapon EVO, all the Jordans.

3. Go to moves like in Live. i.e. Garnetts turnaround with the multiple fakes, Pierce's step back (NOT the "Iggy" package), Sheed's fade away, etc. The post move packages are all too generic.

4. Playbooks that actually reflect the particular team's style. i.e curls for Rip Hamilton, screens for Ray, etc.

5. Pre-game intros, yes, even the Chosen One's powder act, fireworks etc.

6. Get rid of Clark Kellogg and Kevin Harlan, put them in a basement somewhere and never let them out. Please, they're both awful in the game and in real life too.

7. Fix the dunk animations, some don't seem natural. Vince Carter isn't going to stick his hand down the rim during a game. Fix the alley-oops, how often do you see one handed alley-oops? Almost never, make the game reflect that. Also, why are alley-oops included with replays saying "This team can't miss from three." Last I checked, alley-oops were worth 2 points.

8. Fix rebounding so that it's not a goaltend when it's out of the cylinder.

9. Practice mode in Franchise, sometimes you want to try out some of the plays and practice them like in Madden.

10. Trash-talking or player beefs. Certain players don't like one another, others do. i.e. Q and Pierce jawing back and forth, Perk and Big Al bromance etc.