Author Topic: NCIS (TV)  (Read 1271 times)

NCIS (TV)
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:07:10 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I started watching this series about 2 years ago, and it really has become one of my favorites. As far as procedurals go, it's my favorite. As of late, the show has become a ratings monster. Right now it's on its 7th season, and the show is going stronger than ever... quite rare in tv show business for this phenomenon to happen. Just last tuesday, it got about 21 million viewers, according to Nielsen Ratings. Demographics aside, that's really astounding considering that many of the good shows out there struggle to get even 9 million viewers.

The show also got a spinoff this year, NCIS: Los Angeles with LL Cool J and Chris O'Donnell... don't know how I feel about that one yet.

So, anyone here watches the show by any chance?

In all, the show it's really fun, very funny at times, and it has some great characters. The main strength is the character interaction.

Show stars Mark Harmon (Summer School), Michael Weatherly (Dark Angel), Cote de Pablo, Pauley Perrette, Sean Murray, and David McCallum.

A Donald P. Bellisario series, creator of Air Wolf, JAG (NCIS is really a spinoff), Quantum Leap, Magnum PI.

From Donald P. Bellisario comes NCIS, a show bringing us the inner workings of the government agency that investigates all crimes involving Navy and Marine Corps personnel, regardless of rank or position. From murder and espionage to terrorism and stolen submarines, these special agents traverse the globe to investigate all crimes with Navy or Marine Corps ties.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis/?ttag=tv;ncis

Re: NCIS (TV)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 11:54:16 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
This is a favorite in our household. It's in syndication, and we DVR both the new episodes and the old, even though we pretty much know them by heart.

Took a chance on NCIS: LA, and found it unwatchable after less than 1 and a half episodes.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague