Author Topic: NBA 2k10 Celtics Player Ratings  (Read 13727 times)

Re: NBA 2k10 Celtics Player Ratings
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 02:46:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Daniels is not a good shooter so it's unlikely he's in the 70s.  I see him as a more talented Tony Allen so 70 is probably his rating ceiling. 

Also, please do yourself a favor and do not buy NBA Live.  The 2k series has been far superior for at least the last 5 years or so, and it's unlikely Live will change that this year.  The graphics for 2k are also a lot better.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Kevin Garnett - 89 OVRL
Rajon Rondo - 87 OVRL
Paul Pierce - 84 OVRL
Ray Allen - 80 OVRL
Rasheed Wallace - 74 OVRL
Kendrick Perkins - 72 OVRL
Tony Allen - 66 OVRL
Glen Davis - 65 OVRL
Shelden Williams - 60 OVRL
Bill Walker - 59 OVRL
Eddie House - 59 OVRL
J.R. Giddens - 57 OVRL

Some thoughts:
- First of all, in case you didn't know, with NBA 2k10 they reduced ratings across the board.  Only a select few players are rated in the 90s, and most starters are in the 70s range.  Only All-Stars or potential All-Stars are in the 80s.
- Rondo is rated higher overall than Pierce.  This is crazy.
- House seems to be rated very low but this is misleading; his 3 pt rating is surely very good.  He's not really at Bill Walker's level.
- Marquis Daniels is not on the Celtic's roster because he was signed after the finals rosters for the game were made.  He was signed on Sept. 1st and the game rosters were probably finalized around August 27th. 
- Perkins' rating is actually pretty decent.  For reference, that's the same as Chris Kaman's rating and better than Andrew Bogut's.

Fun note:
Some of the ratings I've seemed so far are pretty crazy.  The Lakers overall are pretty overrated.  Sasha Vujacic is rated 69, fully one point better than Rudy Fernandez!!!  Luke Walton is rated 67 - the same as Matt Harpring and 3 points higher than Mike Dunleavy.  Hedo Turkoglu also got wildly overrated with a 76 - Andrei Kirilenko, by comparison, is a 70.  Oh yeah, and Blake Griffin was preemptively given a rating of 77.  Pretty generous.

What happened with Scalabrine's ratings?  ::)
Is Lester Hudson in the game, at least as a free agent?

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
ESPN compares the top-ten rankings at each position between 2k10 and Live'10.  http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4517721

2K10 has Rondo as its #3 point guard; he's not in Live's top 10.

2K10 has Ray as its #8 shooting guard; he's #5 in Live.

2K10 has Paul tied for #3; Live has him at #3 by himself.

Both 2K10 and Live have KG alone at #1 among power forwards.

Neither has Perk in its top 10.

2K10 has Scal as it's 5th lowest rated player!  No Celtic makes Live's lowest rated.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Scal is a 44!!  The only players behind him?  Seung Jin Ha (41), Jerome James (43), Alexis Ajinca (43), Justin Williams (43).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136

Scal is a 44!!  The only players behind him?  Seung Jin Ha (41), Jerome James (43), Alexis Ajinca (43), Justin Williams (43).

Serious?? ::) Why so bad rating? :-[

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 09:50:01 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
ESPN compares the top-ten rankings at each position between 2k10 and Live'10.  http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4517721

2K10 has Rondo as its #3 point guard; he's not in Live's top 10.

2K10 has Ray as its #8 shooting guard; he's #5 in Live.

2K10 has Paul tied for #3; Live has him at #3 by himself.

Both 2K10 and Live have KG alone at #1 among power forwards.

Neither has Perk in its top 10.

2K10 has Scal as it's 5th lowest rated player!  No Celtic makes Live's lowest rated.

Wow is all I can say. When i read that KG was alone at #1 for PF's, I was thinking both games had Duncan at C. Does everyone here think it is that unanimous that KG stands alone as the best PF in the game at this stage of his career with outher younger horses like Dirk, Amare, and Bosh, entering or in their prime? I would think that there was a celtics fan behind these ratings but Live has Rondo out of the top 10 for PG's.

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 09:54:11 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
And does anyone else think Al Horford's ceiling is Kendrick Perkins' game now? I dont get why both games are so high on him (#6 and #4) when Perk is not in either top 10. And yes I care very much about what video game developers think about my beloved celtics. It affects me deeply.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I wonder if Rondo's agent will bring up his high rating in contract talks.   ::)

Can you imagine?  'But he's rated higher than pierce and allen and is offered less?!?!'

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I don't care about the ratings, I just hope they take "association mode" to the next level.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't care about the ratings, I just hope they take "association mode" to the next level.
They never do.  I'm more excited about Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 than I am about either of these games.   No idea when that's getting released, though.

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
They never do.  I'm more excited about Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 2 than I am about either of these games.   No idea when that's getting released, though.

yea, that's been in the pipeline awhile right?

I still play the first one, if the tidy up some of the annoying parts about it (games were far to slow to play out, some of the action on the court didn't relate to what the commentary said was happening, a few issues with franchise mode) That could be an awesome sim.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 12:09:25 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
The good thing about 2K9/10 is that the ratings change throughout the season if you have a live account. I'm not sure if NBA Live does this or not, but players will be able to prove their rankings during the season.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens