Author Topic: NBA 2k10 Celtics Player Ratings  (Read 13692 times)

NBA 2k10 Celtics Player Ratings
« on: September 25, 2009, 02:32:42 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Kevin Garnett - 89 OVRL
Rajon Rondo - 87 OVRL
Paul Pierce - 84 OVRL
Ray Allen - 80 OVRL
Rasheed Wallace - 74 OVRL
Kendrick Perkins - 72 OVRL
Tony Allen - 66 OVRL
Glen Davis - 65 OVRL
Shelden Williams - 60 OVRL
Bill Walker - 59 OVRL
Eddie House - 59 OVRL
J.R. Giddens - 57 OVRL

Some thoughts:
- First of all, in case you didn't know, with NBA 2k10 they reduced ratings across the board.  Only a select few players are rated in the 90s, and most starters are in the 70s range.  Only All-Stars or potential All-Stars are in the 80s.
- Rondo is rated higher overall than Pierce.  This is crazy.
- House seems to be rated very low but this is misleading; his 3 pt rating is surely very good.  He's not really at Bill Walker's level.
- Marquis Daniels is not on the Celtic's roster because he was signed after the finals rosters for the game were made.  He was signed on Sept. 1st and the game rosters were probably finalized around August 27th. 
- Perkins' rating is actually pretty decent.  For reference, that's the same as Chris Kaman's rating and better than Andrew Bogut's.

Fun note:
Some of the ratings I've seemed so far are pretty crazy.  The Lakers overall are pretty overrated.  Sasha Vujacic is rated 69, fully one point better than Rudy Fernandez!!!  Luke Walton is rated 67 - the same as Matt Harpring and 3 points higher than Mike Dunleavy.  Hedo Turkoglu also got wildly overrated with a 76 - Andrei Kirilenko, by comparison, is a 70.  Oh yeah, and Blake Griffin was preemptively given a rating of 77.  Pretty generous.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:39:56 AM by PosImpos »
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: NBA 2k10 Celtics Player Ratings
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 02:54:21 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Do you know when the PC version will be out?

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:35:07 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Not fond of any of those ratings... Shoulda kept the same system.

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 05:16:08 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

october 6th is the release date for all platforms.

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Not fond of any of those ratings... Shoulda kept the same system.

I agree, that looks pretty dumb too me.  Also, Kevin Durant is only 82?  Not sure how much I'm like 2k10 if the ratings are all over the place.
do it

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 09:21:53 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
I like that they made the ratings lower across the board - although I think it'll encourage abusing the 'superstar' players like LeBron and Kobe even more - but the ratings are all over the place.  Kevin Durant being an 82 is good example.  Both Dirk and Manu being 83's is another example.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 09:43:43 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Even if the scoring has been rethought, many of these ratings are too low. It's simple if Kobe or Lebron is the consensus number one player in the NBA, they should be a 99 (Unless MJ, Larry, Magic are in the game) and everyone should be based off of that, below them. Most of the Celtics ratings are far too low.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 09:51:07 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I'm actually feelin the new rating system.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Even if the scoring has been rethought, many of these ratings are too low. It's simple if Kobe or Lebron is the consensus number one player in the NBA, they should be a 99 (Unless MJ, Larry, Magic are in the game) and everyone should be based off of that, below them. Most of the Celtics ratings are far too low.

Right, but the problem was that the 99 rating had no meaning last year, because a ton of guys were rated in the high 90's.

I like the rating reduction in principle, because it will make it tougher to make an all star team that destroys all comers, but those rating seem really flawed for our team.

I would have rondo and paul's ratings reversed. rondo should be a low 80, paul should be up near KG.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

Right, but the problem was that the 99 rating had no meaning last year, because a ton of guys were rated in the high 90's.

I like the rating reduction in principle, because it will make it tougher to make an all star team that destroys all comers, but those rating seem really flawed for our team.

I would have rondo and paul's ratings reversed. rondo should be a low 80, paul should be up near KG.

Actually, I'll co-sign with Crownsy.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
what about Daniels?

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
My concern with these ratings is primarily that while most of the players in the league saw their ratings reduced by at least 10 points, the guys at the top (Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Paul) are still in the mid to high 90s, meaning they will be even more unstoppable than they were before.

About Daniels...read my original post.  He wasn't signed before August 27th so he isn't on the official rosters for the game at the moment.  He'll be listed as a FA probably that you can simply add to the Celtics roster.

I would guess that Daniels is rated in the high 60s.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
I bought NBA Live two years ago and like that a lot. I bought NBA 2k9 last year and liked that alot, but didn't like the online play.

I'll probably test both games this year before I decide on which one, but I'm not sure I can support a game with Kobe Bryant on the cover (NBA 2k10)...

Also, Rondo being ranked above Pierce is dumb. Also, Ray Allen at 80? Thats too low. I'd put Allen and Rondo at 84 and move Pierce to 87.

Im going to assume Daniels is around 73. Davis should obviously be higher then Tony Allen. Id move Tony Allen down to 60 and Davis up to like 68

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 01:45:04 PM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
stupid thing, Pierce 87, Allen 84, Rondo 80 is way better and close to reality. Also Daniels has to be around 70/72 range

PS. where can I see the overalls of the other teams and players

PS2. The Celtics are the only team in the game with 99 overall of the whole team, so try to imagine if we had 99 with this low guys, what's the situation in the other teams

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136

october 6th is the release date for all platforms.

So soon! Cool  ;)