Author Topic: Has anyone ever had they're knee drained?  (Read 2306 times)

Has anyone ever had they're knee drained?
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:03:11 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I was just wondering because i seem to have a lot of swelling going on in my knee ever since i hurt my Meniscus so i was just wondering. When or should i do it. Does it hurt?

Re: Has anyone ever had they're knee drained?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 03:17:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
go to the doctors and let them tell you. 

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I was just wondering because i seem to have a lot of swelling going on in my knee ever since i hurt my Meniscus so i was just wondering. When or should i do it. Does it hurt?

injury + knee = pain

injury + knee = pain - anesthesia

(injury + knee = pain - anesthesia) * office visits

(injury + knee = pain - anesthesia) * office visits / (Celtics win + beer consumption)

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58:24 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I had pretty bad swelling in my knee back in college when I ended up with a slight tear in my meniscus after playing intramural basketball.

Couldn't straighten my leg for a few days because of the swelling.

I don't know the severity of your injury.  I can just say in my experience that I went to the hospital, received crutches, was told to stay off my feet for a few days, and advised to take some over the counter medication for the pain.

Eventually the swelling subsided and I was able to straighten my leg.  Didn't need surgery.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 05:04:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
go to the doctors and let them tell you. 

I think this should just be copied and pasted as the first response to any thread asking for medical advise.  No matter how smart the people on here are, there is no substitute for being examined in person by a doctor.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

Offline Poseidon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • Ray Allen είναι ο άνθρωπος.
Well first off, go see the doctor. If it's torn, these kind of injuries can lead to long term effects. If it feels stiff,tight and hard to straighten, this could be fairly serious. And what sounds like has happened is that your leg has accumulated with fluid. So please go see a doctor. I'm not what you'd call an expert on the knee area  :).
"I could justify it all day long if I wanted to, but the truth is, I locked it because I wanted to."- Jeff