Author Topic: COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)  (Read 31808 times)

Re: COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2009, 12:02:37 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Now that I got the M16 back it's all I've been using and I've just been destroying kids. Bringing back a lot of good CoD4 memories. Absolutely NOTHING better than a headshot across a map with an M16/Red dot. I love my baby  :)

I forget do i have you added? LvCtateo something like that right? no? Anyways I have on and off days with burstfire weapons one day i'm terrible with them the next day it's like a surgical tool. It also feels like the gun needs more than one burst and other times it doesn't. I prefer selective fire guns to all, but fal doesn't do it for me. Not as accurate as a G3 and not as powerful as an M14... it's like their **** child, lol.

BTW GT: A Lethal Mind

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
people seem to be down on the game as a single player game.  is it worth getting if that's all it would be used for?  I have heard good things, but I would probably only use it for single player, missions...

Honestly, probably not. Single player is about 6 hours long, total, and it's not a ground breaking experience.

IT's more a online shooter that has single player attached than vice versa. All the polish and replay value is online.

I used to be the same way about any game besides NBA 2k10...as in I'd only play NBA online, and halo, or soul caliber or DOA or whatever...I'd play them only single player.

But COD6 (is it 6?) is going to change your mind about it if you devote one hour to growing pains. Once you get that first kill streak you'll never look back.

I dont even have xbox live...just the xbox.  I dont really want to pay for the online service and what comes with it, so I am trying to determine whether the game is worthwhile or not.  looks like i'll just wait a while and get it when it gets cheaper...

just curious yall, why don't you want to pay for xbox live?

I've found it to be a great way to spend 4 bucks a month, I defiantly get my entertainment value out of that, both from online games like call of duty, the free demos, media compatibility, and netflix integration.

the honest answer - I dont know haha.  no, I try to limit the amount of time I spend playing the xbox because with work, the gym, and just regular internet/sports watching, there just isnt a lot of time to go around.  I think the live in girlfriend wouldnt appreciate it if I was also added tons of xbox time.  and I think that would happen if I had the live (bc then I would play friends in Madden, or get hooked to the online play of games, like this one)

I guess that is a pretty lame reason, but that has been my reason thus far.  Maybe after the new year I will add it and see what happens (I also thought it was more expensive for some reason)

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
My tag is the same as i use here so send me invites
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Now that I got the M16 back it's all I've been using and I've just been destroying kids. Bringing back a lot of good CoD4 memories. Absolutely NOTHING better than a headshot across a map with an M16/Red dot. I love my baby  :)

I forget do i have you added? LvCtateo something like that right? no? Anyways I have on and off days with burstfire weapons one day i'm terrible with them the next day it's like a surgical tool. It also feels like the gun needs more than one burst and other times it doesn't. I prefer selective fire guns to all, but fal doesn't do it for me. Not as accurate as a G3 and not as powerful as an M14... it's like their **** child, lol.

Yea, I got you on my that PopN McTateo account. That's usually the one I let friends play on, but I've been playing on it more recently.

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson

Yea, I got you on my that PopN McTateo account. That's usually the one I let friends play on, but I've been playing on it more recently.

Your always online, but never playing games lol.

« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2009, 12:10:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
cool, hit me up anytime it's either me or my buddy who plays on the account.

We're both what i would classify as "reasonably good" not in the top tear that going by stats on your account your in, but we generally finish up + kills for the map and have good games. Generally.

YEsterday i had like a 6 game streak where it was like i couldn't catch a break...just got rolled.

Respawning into pred strikes, the whole nine yards.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2009, 12:12:17 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Your always online, but never playing games lol.

Haha, yeah. I've got my credit card linked to that account and xbox that's where I download movies and TV shows.

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
Anyone able to get on now? Angry, Manup and Crownsy? Get a little 2v2 or FFA private going?

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2009, 12:22:12 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
Anyone able to get on now? Angry, Manup and Crownsy? Get a little 2v2 or FFA private going?

Unfortunately no. I won't be free/home until another 6 hours... Celtics vs Bobcats Gametime. I'll have to plaster you with bullets some other time  ;), maybe tomorrow.

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2009, 12:23:30 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Unfortunately no. I won't be free/home until another 6 hours... Celtics vs Bobcats Gametime. I'll have to plaster you with bullets some other time  ;), maybe tomorrow.

Haha alright bro.. I'll make it a point to be online tomorrow. We'll see about all this plaster nonsense though.  ;)

« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2009, 12:37:34 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Ill be on around 2 central time. If anything just send me a friend request
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2009, 08:51:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I know the secret to being good now.

Don't play past 12:30 at night. Everyone on will kick your butt.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Sigh, they fix the javelin glitch and infinite care package glitch, but somehow that patch has enabled this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ZiVmehVIQ&feature=related

word is it's a spreadable hack that infects 360 and ps3 temp cache when you get dragged into a private match via the match making glitch (yea for fixing two glitches and getting two more!)

I had to quit out of 6 matches the other day in an hour due to this freaking bug. what the hell IW.

On a lighter note, due to the "private match coming up under regular lists" bug, i got into a never ending domination in scrapyard, and went 567-321. Quit when my team was up 8090-6000 with no end in site.

way to go IW, nice patch quality control you got there.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2009, 01:45:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
yeah people are all about that neverending scrapyard game.

I'm starting to really settle in to the harcore S&D Ricochet game.

I love my silenced+heartbeat TAR.

Although, I'm starting to really dig my FAL. If I can manage to get the acog sight+silencer for the FAL...get that with my coldblooded and ninja pro. Get my machine pistol silenced...Uh ohhhhhhh. Daddy's home.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2009, 06:21:32 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
Surprisingly I still haven't gotten to into this game. I think they got more lenient with the health, and regeneration, but I still feel I have to play at a slower pace. It might also be because I can't get those 20/10 games in TDM as easily.

I'm the mindless killing type, I haven't gotten into HQ, Domination, S&D yet.