Author Topic: COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)  (Read 31658 times)

Re: Modern warfare 2 First Multiplayer hands on review
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Gamertag: ApulMadeekoud13 (xbox360), my roomates play sometimes and they are terrible but i am pretty [dang] good.  Try and sound out my name if you want a good laugh :P

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 10:39:13 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
6 days....

SPOILERS AHEAD------

Kill streaks:

Modern Warfare 2 Killstreaks
3 Kills -- UAV
4 Kills -- Care Package
4 Kills -- Counter UAV
5 Kills -- Sentry Gun
5 Kills -- Predator Missile
6 Kills -- Precision Airstrike
7 Kills -- Strike
7 Kills -- Attack Heli
8 Kills -- Emergency Airdrop
9 Kills -- Pave Low
9 Kills -- Stealth Bomber
11 Kills -- Chopper Gunner
11 Kills -- AC-130
15 Kills -- EMP
25 Kills -- Tactical Nuke

Perks:

Modern Warfare 2 Perks
* Marathon - Tier 1 - Standard: Unlimited Sprint - Pro: Get over obstacles faster
* Sleight of Hand - Tier 1 - Standard: Faster Reload - Pro: Aim down sights faster
* Scavenger - Tier 1 - Standard: Retrieve ammo from dead bodies
* Bling - Tier 1 - Standard: Dual attachments on primary weapon - Pro: Dual attachments on secondary weapon
* One Man Army - Tier 1 - Standard: Switch classes in game (no respawn needed)
* Stopping Power - Tier 2 - Standard: Increased bullet damage - Pro: Increased bullet damage to cars and Killstreak vehicles
* Lightweight - Tier 2 - Standard: Move faster
* Hardline - Tier 2 - Standard: Killstreak rewards require 1 less kill - Pro: Deathstreaks require 1 less death
* Cold Blooded - Tier 2 - Standard: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries, and thermal
* Danger Close - Tier 2 - Standard: Increases explosive weapons damage
* Commando - Tier 3 - Standard: Increased melee distance - Pro: No falling damage
* Steady Aim - Tier 3 - Standard: Increased hip-fire accuracy
* Scrambler - Tier 3 - Standard: Scrambles the radar of nearby enemies
* Ninja - Tier 3 - Standard: Invisible to heartbeat sensors - Pro: Move silently
* SitRep - Tier 3 - Standard: Insertions. Reveals enemy explosives and Tactical Insertions
* Last Stand - Tier 3 - Standard: Survive (on the ground) for 10 seconds after being killed, pistol
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
For the record, me and my boy plan on owning every single person playing this game day one.

We do that a lot.  ;)

Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
So..I see all my friends on Xbox Live playing the game, but my copy won't be here until this afternoon >:(. Anyways, do any of my fellow bloggers have any reviews or quick thoughts about the game?
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

Re: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 05:30:42 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Looks absolutley incredible detail wise, really makes me want to back into the FPS type games. (Last one I played was probably BF1942 or CS  :-\ )

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 06:39:35 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I ducked out on the midnight opening release crap, I did that for Halo 2 and 3 and I just got bored sitting there for four hours.

Probably will get it this afternoon annndd then get pro status day one.  ;)

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 10:43:56 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I gotta work today. This is bull crap.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Im working too.  Just talked to a friend though, who told me that after the first couple hours of play he has already decided that it is the greatest game of all time.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Did "release date delivery" from Amazon and got an email from them this morning saying that it was delayed. Rather disappointing.

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Did "release date delivery" from Amazon and got an email from them this morning saying that it was delayed. Rather disappointing.

I did this too. When did you order your copy?
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 11:46:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Hey bank, nice playing with you, to bad the party system was all wonky today.

Anyway, i just dropped my uncles xbox back with him, can't wait till mine gets back in two weeks. Game is stunning. hit level 32, we played all day from launch till just now. took a two hour nap at noon :D

One annoying thing: they need to either take the nuke out or patch chopper gunner. I had it set off on me three times on  in domination this afternoon.

And believe me, it had nothing to do with skill. All you have to do is set your kill streaks to:

Harrier
Chopper gunner
nuke

and have a halfway decent run during the match.

The kid i played set it off in two consecutive domination matches with his clan. IT was ridiculous, I was trying to shoot him down with a stinger, but chopper gunner is just so brutal...

It's not going to be game breaking or anything, and in TDM it's almost a non issue due to how quick the game is over and kills being capped. but on objective based stuff like domination and headquarters...it's easy to get the nuke if you want it.

Chopper gunner is really the problem. HArrier is nasty, but at least one stinger solves that problem. the chopper gunner is non stop kills for a minute and a half, and you can spawn camp almost by accident. I got it once today from a care package and got 10+ kills.

EDIT: me and my buddys have decided that when you get my favorite kill streak, predator missile, you have to say this into the mic as you tag the crap out of someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIhw_1cGcgc

dont ask why, but it was hilariousness to scream out at 2 in the morning when your dropping that sucker on people :D

"did you get that thing i sent ya?"

BOOM!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:07:07 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

My short COD MF2 review
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 04:51:09 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Alright, me being the loser I am have just spent the last nine hours beating COD on veteran. I only played one multiplayer game on that map that's like a mine or something.. Went 35-1 = ) Let my brother play like 2-3 games and he wrecked my K/D spread, but it's all good. He's got a flight to catch out to Philly in about an hour, so I'll forgive him.

I don't want to spoil the single player for anyone at all, so I'll try not to, if anyone wants to know anything about it though.. feel free to send a PM.

Alright, on with the show now. Like I said, just beat it.. It really, really lives up to the hype. I won't comment too much on multiplayer, yet but the single player I honestly enjoyed more than the first one. There's some missions that almost mirrors from MF1, but they were still fun to play, no doubt.

I was playing this was 5.1 headphones, but even without those it's the same old CoD (And I don't mean that as a bad thing) The single player (From both one and two, really) are the most intense gaming moments I've had. Except for maybe when me and my brother break out some old school Mortal Kombat. It's a freaking blast.

Even the soundtrack is amazing, it really sets the tone for everything. It's not quite as good as Halo's, I don't think but as far as game soundtracks go, I don't think Halo can be touched so it's not really a diss to MF2. It really sets a great atmosphere for the entire campaign. It adds like a whole new depth to the game. Seriously, one of the very few games I didn't use custom soundtracks with. So yea, great ambiance music. I'd give that a 9.9/10.

The game's sound engine is really nice, too. Not the music this time, but the bangs and pops and stuff. When you've got those headphones on and you're doing you're thing it just adds to the intensity. Being able to hear people talk and whisper one second and then get into a huge fire fight the next is amazing. All the guns sound nice and crisp, grenades will still take your face off and all that good stuff. This gets another high mark, too. 9/10

Then the graphics are just pretty as all hell, don't need to go into too much detail here, I don't think. MF2 looks significantly better then the first one. After I realized I was stupid and forgot to change the brightness/contrast on my TV it just looked a thousand times better, too. Real clean and crisp. I've been playing COD4 on an HD TV the last few months, and I sadly can't  do that right now.. but it still looks great on my old junker TV. Plus, everything doesn't look all plasticy like in Gears of War or something. 10/10.. Maybe I'm just in a good mood haha.

There's a host of new guns, too. At least in the single player. New attatchments, too. IMO, nothing beats an M16 with a red dot scope, which oddly enough I didn't come across in campaign but there's stil some goodies to be discovered. There's the AA12 shot gun (i think) that's just an absolute beast. Thing could kill like 100 elephants in a line.

You can duel wield in campaign now, also.. I didn't take advantage of that too often, but it's fun running around crapping on the AI with two uzi's or machine pistols. Best new weapon was probably the double barreled shotgun called the Ranger or something.. It just looked dope. Old classic style, I liked it.

As for multiplayer, there's some new perks I see.. I got to level 6-7 I think and my brother got me up to like 9-10 so I don't have much yet, but I see they got rid of Bandolier. They added extra clips as an attachment, kind of takes the fun out of using Bling for me.. I'll still being using an M16 (When I get to lvl 40 = / ) Bling (Red dot, extra clips) stopping power and whatever for a third perk. Pretty much the same thing I rocked in MF1.

I guess my only real problem with the game, wasn't really with the game at all. It was with how sensitive some people are these days. At the beginning of the game it asks you if you'll be offended by a certain mission in the campaign, I obviously said I wouldn't be. The game asked me if I was sure once or twice then that was that. I thought it was stupid, personally..

Then going through the obstacle course, shooting range thing. I beat it in 31 seconds or less 15 times (Yea, I had that much fun with it) and so the game reccomended I play on veteran. Asked me probably 4-5 times if I was sure when I chose to play on veteran. Saying how hard it was and stuff. I think the direct quote was "Veteran is extremly hard, are you sure you wan't to play it?" Couldn't help but roll my eyes considering they just reccomended that I play on that setting 15 times. = /

So if that's the only real thing I can complain about, you know it's a good game. Seriously, anyone on the hedge and can't decide, just get it. The campaign is worth it, and it's Call of Duty so you know the multiplayer is going to be there. Plus, there's a whole bunch of new little elements that make it fresh.

This wasn't as short as I wanted, but it's all good. If anyone has any questions about the campaign, PM.

Re: My short COD MF2 review
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Just bought a PS3 thats due in today specifically for this game.  I'm so pumped about playing tonight its unbelievable. 

Cant wait!  This is going to be the longest 8 hours at work ever.

Re: My short COD MF2 review
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 09:35:19 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I could use a PS3... My PS2 has lost its significance in my life.