Author Topic: COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)  (Read 31806 times)

COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)
« on: September 17, 2009, 04:47:40 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
God i can't wait for this game, I still play the original on a weekly basis.

Here's a hands on review and some footage, they had an event last night for 150 people in the industry.

11/10/09 cant come fast enough.

Also: gamertag= crown45 if your getting it for the 360 like i am. (or, if you have a 360 in general.)

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/modern-warfare-2/preview/modern-warfare-2-multiplayer-hands-on/a-2009091515053403065/g-20090326142018906090

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Modern warfare 2 First Multiplayer hands on review
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 06:17:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
Me and my friend plus two other kids made some serious noise on the CoD4 pro citcuit. Made a lot of money in tournaments with CoD4... Love it, cant wait for the second Modern Warfare.

If you wanna play a game with me and my guy from the pro team my XBL tag is PopN LvLcTateo

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 06:28:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Me and my friend plus two other kids made some serious noise on the CoD4 pro citcuit. Made a lot of money in tournaments with CoD4... Love it, cant wait for the second Modern Warfare.

If you wanna play a game with me and my guy from the pro team my XBL tag is PopN LvLcTateo

I hate when ppl younger than me (like everyone on XBL) beat me in COD4. You are not allowed to have my gamertag.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 06:30:51 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

I hate when ppl younger than me (like everyone on XBL) beat me in COD4. You are not allowed to have my gamertag.

Think I had you on my list for a while and we never played actually.

You can be on my team, though  :D

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:00 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
 :'( ... So Happy.

Two attachments, shotgun as secondary weapon, throwing knives, dual wielding, customizable kill streaks, and most importantly more guns.

Long live infinity ward.

I'll add the listed gamer tags later.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 11:58:59 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I need XBL so badly. Xbox360 without Live is like ice cream without sugar--its the same product--technically--but come on, it kinda sucks.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 12:34:04 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Two attachments, shotgun as secondary weapon, throwing knives, dual wielding, customizable kill streaks, and most importantly more guns.

Long live infinity ward.

my only concern, which i just voiced to indeed, is that they will continue the lack of patch support and DLC for the 360 they showed in COD4.

It's a small gripe, don't get me wrong, but man they abandoned us. One map pack, and no patches for the numerous map glitch exploits nor the game developer acknowledged one shot bolt action bug?

I mean, at the very least fix the map glitches. How much effort would it have taken to patch that way to get under the map in overgrown as one of many examples?

Again, very small annoyance, but considering WAW got numerous patches and map packs, i'd like to see more support post launch from IW this go round, both in game balance and DLC. They are a great company, im more than willing to drop them extra $$ for good map packs.

Personal play style wise, im stocked about the two weopen attachments. As a good, though certainly not world beating, rusher who relies on stealth, I already have visions of a MP5 with a silencer and that new heart monitor backed up by steady aim  ;D

IT will be interesting to see if the game's balanced at launch. Seems like they have alot more moving parts this time. We shall see.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:47:22 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 01:53:57 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Long live infinity ward.

Shotgun as secondary weapon?  Sounds deadly.

Personally, I'm a big fan of whipping out my USP when my clip is empty.  I hope pistols don't fall out of use.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Long live infinity ward.

Personally, I'm a big fan of whipping out my USP when my clip is empty.  I hope pistols don't fall out of use.

as long as best buy sells turbo controllers, pistols will be in use  :P

the secondary weapon thing has me concerned though. Before you had to give up a second slot perk to do that, which at least kept you from taking stopping power with a sniper/shotty load out.

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 10:02:54 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
gah! i'm having major 360 withdrawls right now...mine has this problem of overheating 10 minutes into playing right now. i'm gonna gut it this weekend and follow a tutorial on youtube that's supposed to fix the two red lights problem, but if that doesn't work, i may end up spending $200 bucks for the arcade package. seems more worthwhile then spending $140 plus S&H and waiting 6 weeks for xbox to fix it for me. plus, i would get another wireless control, so it all evens out to about the same cost.

glad to hear the new Modern Warfare is looking so good! any chance this one will have zombie mode?? haha, that's the only reason i play COD: World at War...either way, the last Modern Warfare was awesome, as i am sure this one will be, with or without zombies.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
gah! i'm having major 360 withdrawls right now...mine has this problem of overheating 10 minutes into playing right now. i'm gonna gut it this weekend and follow a tutorial on youtube that's supposed to fix the two red lights problem, but if that doesn't work, i may end up spending $200 bucks for the arcade package. seems more worthwhile then spending $140 plus S&H and waiting 6 weeks for xbox to fix it for me. plus, i would get another wireless control, so it all evens out to about the same cost.

glad to hear the new Modern Warfare is looking so good! any chance this one will have zombie mode?? haha, that's the only reason i play COD: World at War...either way, the last Modern Warfare was awesome, as i am sure this one will be, with or without zombies.

how old is this unit? microsoft covers RROD issues for 3 years now.
On July 5, 2007, the Vice-President of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division published an open letter recognizing the console's problems, as well as announcing a three-year warranty extension for every Xbox 360 console that experiences the "general hardware failure" indicated by three flashing red LEDs on the console.[15]

My old one had a RROD two years after i bought it, they replaced it free of charge. you might want to call tech support again. I've had friends get the "Thats out of warranty sir" response, inform the telemarketer on the other end they are wrong, and get someone who knows what there doing and sends them the box for shipping.

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
the 360 has to be the worst hardware console l had 3 already many fun games but jesus just bad hardware  >:(

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Long live infinity ward.

as long as best buy sells turbo controllers, pistols will be in use  :P

the secondary weapon thing has me concerned though. Before you had to give up a second slot perk to do that, which at least kept you from taking stopping power with a sniper/shotty load out.

Word.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 10:50:59 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
the 360 has to be the worst hardware console l had 3 already many fun games but jesus just bad hardware  >:(

The originals, certainly, and Microsoft has admitted that. IT's why they upped the 360's warranty for RROD issues to 3 years, 2 more years than any other console maker offers. the elite has a much more stable set of hardware.

Consoles fail, even the so called "stable" PS3. I love my Ps3 as well, but the first one i got from best buy had major laser issues. I returned it within a month. Launch day PS3's failed a ton too, while certainly not as much as 1st gen 360's did.

http://kotaku.com/5361821/sony-pre+emptively-blasts-bbc-report-on-ps3-failures

they are electronic systems that see a ton of stress due to the long hours played on them, and the 1st and 2nd gen systems even more so. Reliability tends to improve as they go, and identify the problems (heat sink and thermal sealint in early 360's, heat sink and laser issues in ps3) improve  the hardware.

I've actually had hardware problems with every console i've every owned back to the nintendo, with one exception.

The sega dreamcast. RIP buddy, you died too soon...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:57:32 AM by crownsy »

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 11:15:54 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

how old is this unit? microsoft covers RROD issues for 3 years now.
On July 5, 2007, the Vice-President of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division published an open letter recognizing the console's problems, as well as announcing a three-year warranty extension for every Xbox 360 console that experiences the "general hardware failure" indicated by three flashing red LEDs on the console.[15]

My old one had a RROD two years after i bought it, they replaced it free of charge. you might want to call tech support again. I've had friends get the "Thats out of warranty sir" response, inform the telemarketer on the other end they are wrong, and get someone who knows what there doing and sends them the box for shipping.

The unit must be about 2 years old right now...i already sent it in over a year ago due to something being wrong with the graphics...it was still under warantee at that point.

Will that include units where the problem is only two red lights instead of three? cause that's what's happening with me...however, about a week back, one of my friends told me the same thing you just said, and if that's the case, it'd definitely be worth the wait! the cheaper the better haha. thanks for the idea, i'll try calling them today and see what they say!