Author Topic: Eurobasket 2009  (Read 29911 times)

Re: Eurobasket 2009
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I guess that all this hype around them (understandable) and their success the last 4 years made them a little arrogant. I pretty sure that the defeat will do them good.

/offtopic

spain`s national teams seem be a little off the last 2 days.
in volleyball spain (european champion) lost 3-0 to the very average (if not bad) Greece :D :D :D :D

/offtopic

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i love watching the eurobasket tourney.  anyone know if nbatv will play them live, or on tape delay?

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 04:10:43 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
I guess that all this hype around them (understandable) and their success the last 4 years made them a little arrogant. I pretty sure that the defeat will do them good.

/offtopic

spain`s national teams seem be a little off the last 2 days.
in volleyball spain (european champion) lost 3-0 to the very average (if not bad) Greece :D :D :D :D

/offtopic

I detect a slight and subtle envy for Spain's success, Ederson  ::) :P ;D Just kidding! I guess you're right, they were sleepwalking through the game and Lithuania played awesome

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 05:47:49 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
To be honest after the last eurobasket i had some "hostile" sentiments against them but i`m over it now :D :D :D

The truth is that they are the best team in Europe the last 4 years

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 05:53:21 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
To be honest after the last eurobasket i had some "hostile" sentiments against them but i`m over it now :D :D :D

The truth is that they are the best team in Europe the last 4 years

:) anything is possible!  Plus, games are won on the court and there are a lot of strong teams in Europe. I hope the loss against Lithuania reminds them quickly that anybdy can beat you, starting monday against Serbia...

Greece has a great team too, they are always a very tough matchup  ;)

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 01:48:52 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff

I hope the loss against Lithuania reminds them quickly that anybdy can beat you, starting monday against Serbia...

serbia is not that good
They have Ivkovic as coach and it seems that after a long time they are on the right track. Bball misses good teams from Serbia and Croatia

Greece has a great team too, they are always a very tough matchup  ;)

We`ll fight hard :D
Kazlauskas tries to make the team play better offence but he could use a real pg. Diamantidis is a huge lose. I`m anxious to see Calathes against big boys

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 04:05:53 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Very interesting first day

Spain was awful! Like the nbaers without their powers in Space Jam. I`m not trying to take it away from the Serbs they played very good but Spain was sooooo bad! It seems that their last defeat didn`t just happen.

Lithuania VS Turkey was a great game. Turkoglu was amazing and if he keeps it up then Turkey can hope for great things. Lithuania remains my fav team (after Greece of cource) but the could use a better pg.

Greece vs FYROm
32 points game... Nothing to say. Skopje is a very weak team, one of the weakest i`ve seen in such tournament. Today against croatia (they were lucky to beat Israel) will be a real test. I think we are better than Croatia. But so did Spain against Serbia :D

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 06:09:29 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
Bad,baaad game for Spain!!  >:( Hopefully they will regain form and play better today. Otherwise they'll be home soon. Very disappointing!

Glad to see Poland won (I'm living there :)

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 06:11:10 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
Very interesting first day

Spain was awful! Like the nbaers without their powers in Space Jam. I`m not trying to take it away from the Serbs they played very good but Spain was sooooo bad! It seems that their last defeat didn`t just happen.

Lithuania VS Turkey was a great game. Turkoglu was amazing and if he keeps it up then Turkey can hope for great things. Lithuania remains my fav team (after Greece of cource) but the could use a better pg.

Greece vs FYROm
32 points game... Nothing to say. Skopje is a very weak team, one of the weakest i`ve seen in such tournament. Today against croatia (they were lucky to beat Israel) will be a real test. I think we are better than Croatia. But so did Spain against Serbia :D

Congrats for Greece's win ;)

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 08:14:45 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Give it up to Brazil though!  Brazil won the America's division against Puerto Rico by one point on the championship game.  Argentina came in last place beating Canada in the semifinal.  Charlie Villanueva was complaining before the tourney began saying that Dominican Republic is the heavy favorite because they have the most numbers of NBA players and well, they came in 5th place (losing to a NBA-less Canada) and didnt qualify for the tourney just yet.

So Brazil, Puerto Rico, Argentina and Canada have qualified for the World Championship Tournament.  Interesting thing, the Canadian coach said he'd get Jamal Magloire, Samuel Dalembert and perhaps even Steve Nash for the World Championship.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Interesting first day at the Euro, I agree.

France won against Germany but I thought the French wouldn't win, they played poorly against a depleted German team... Fortunately, Tony Parker saved our butts in crunch time but I hope today's game will be a easier win.

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 09:33:14 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Is it being televised?
I miss first day  :(
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 09:56:27 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Yes. From the 1st day here in greece 7 games were live on tv. I guess you`ll find a free sat. channel if it`s not televised at your country.

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Yes. From the 1st day here in greece 7 games were live on tv. I guess you`ll find a free sat. channel if it`s not televised at your country.

I will check
i run direct tv any info on any channel there that broadcast it?

If not thanks for your answer enderson
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 12:39:16 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
You can find links on Internet if you don't find a TV channel broadcasting the Euro!