Author Topic: If you had ten years of your life back with the knowledge you have right now...  (Read 25415 times)

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'd have worked out a little more and ate a little better. Then maybe I wouldn't be sitting here wondering how I was going to take those extra 40lbs off!

I'd have spent a lot more time playing basketball and football out in the yard with my kids instead of watching it on TV.

I'd have helped my wife a lot more than I did. Life is so much better now that I have figured that out.

The money never meant that much to me. We have done very well for ourselves and are grateful for it, however I think the WORST thing we could have had happen to us would be to strike it really rich. More problems than it is worth. Not where happiness comes from.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I'd have spent a lot more time playing basketball and football out in the yard with my kids instead of watching it on TV.

I think the WORST thing we could have had happen to us would be to strike it really rich. More problems than it is worth. Not where happiness comes from.

Maybe to two single best thoughts in this thread. One giant huge Tommy Point from me.

TP

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing.  But I am still trying to figure out a more important question....what to do about today and tomorrow so that in ten years I will have the same answer to this question.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What would you do differently?

Who says you need to go back 10 years?  I'm 27... people always give me crap for dating 18 year old girls.  *Shrug*... just trying to live the dream. 

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I also would have taken the Nintendo Wii over the PS3 when I had the chance to do so during Xmas 2007.

I wish I stuck with my first undergraduate institution, I basically had 1 year left & then transferred to another school. My 2nd school was really good, but I didn't really fit in & I kind of wish I finished where I had started.

Would have waited out buying my old Honda Civic in 2002 & tried harder to find a 64 Impala, rather than giving up after I had found one, but the seller backed out at the last minute. 

I guess thats it, in conjunction with my first post in this topic.  Overall, I have a pretty good life.  I have a good job, have another chance to attend medical school in the fall, but it sucks that I didn't attend when I was first given the opportunity.  I would have been starting my 3rd year next fall (clinicals)..1/2 way done..oh, well, they say everything happens for a reason.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
A key component of the question now that I look at it is the part about "with the knowlege you have now"

I had interpreted that more to mean knowing the consequences of my actions and inactions in a be all I can be way.

But I see why people are saying making themselves rich and stopping 9/11 because that does involve knowledge we now have.

That said I would have joined CB so I could now have 19K posts and 300 TPs.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

I wouldn't have wasted six years of my life on my ex-girlfriend.

And now I feel slightly better about myself. Thanks Roy.

Being married and maybe having a kid makes a surprising amount of that pain go away. It just becomes significant annoyance when you think about it, but you probably already know that

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I also would have taken the Nintendo Wii over the PS3 when I had the chance to do so during Xmas 2007.

The PS3 is so much better than the Wii.  You made the right call. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
36 years so
10 years ago makes me 26.
No much to do....a 26 year old Edgar is an Old Edgar anyhow.
I dont think i change a thing.
well maybe to try to keep a healthier liver :D

In my humble oppinion, the ignorance helps while youre
growing, I mean, If you are too smart or you know everything
more than half of pleasures in life are no nos.
So you had not lived those the way you were supposed to.

Live and Seize the day
With all your desire and strengh
dont worry about yesterdays or tomorrows
this is a darn short life. Live it happily
Live it for you and for your beloveds
who ever they are at that time.

If you want to give give
if you want to spend spend
if you want to party party
If you want to make money and that makes you happy do it
Do it what makes YOU and yours happy
not what youre supposed to do.

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I think the WORST thing we could have had happen to us would be to strike it really rich. More problems than it is worth. Not where happiness comes from.

Maybe to two single best thoughts in this thread. One giant huge Tommy Point from me.

TP
Second!

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
Now Im being serious. Master Po knows is. If I went back 10 years in age; I would worry I would get to be 72. My father died of a heart attack when he was 71, full of life and working full time as an urologist; as a matter of fact he died in the operating room while helping my bro (also an urologist) operate an patient. Maybe I was smarter and only became a labor lawyer - much less stress....Well, not really; I had open heart surgery when I was only 63.
What would I have done different at age 63? Absolutely nothing.I would not have worked less - I still work fulltime and never taken time away for golf on weekdays - Golf is my passion- has substituted flyfishing for tarpon for good- I think. I still love to give Unions as much trouble as they can handle cause they dont do it right as I assume they sometimes do in the States? Well, I wont even concede that. lolol. I would still raise hell with my clients when they do not do things right (which is to treat their employees as they would like to be treated themselves). No, I dont think I would do anything different - not even my golf swing. I play pretty good. Ive traveled hard, worked hard and played hard - and Im still alive.
Now you all know my age and it probably took a lot of you more time to decipher it thatn it took all the early psoters in here to decipher where was the Perfect Storm area from where I was posting on here in the early beginnings of this site: Master Po, Chizzi, Ugghhhie, Pistola, Shakster, Big Easy, Evol, Alaska, and some other tremendous good dudes my Alzeihmer(sic) does not let me remember so easy.
No I would not do anything different. Well, Maybe I would have started appreciating Country Rock a lot sooner than it took. My favorite kind of music now. lol  No, I wouldnt have changed anything I have done and still have the energy, and willpower to do. So bear with me when I do not agree with some posts. I will continue to say my say; or walk the walk; whatever that means. Take care, amigos> im telling you, Its good to be alive and healthy; Nothing esle really matters; except the health of your loved ones.
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
im 26 which would put me at 16

I wouldnt have wasted 4 years of my life on my ex....shes not a horrible woman, but shes selfish and has a lot to learn about love.  I gave everyone a TP who mentioned that theyd ditch an ex.  Think Im bitter, much?   :)

I love being an electrician and doing fire alarm work, but if I could do it all over again Id take high school more seriously, go to college, and try to be a marine biologist (somehow I figure this is going to spawn many george costanza references, but I love keeping marine fish and love learning as much about them as i can)

I'd start learning guitar at 16, instead of 26 (I started over the summer)

Id spend more time with my grandfather.

Id go on the senior class trip to europe instead of going on a week long drinking and smoking binge with my friends in myrtle beach

Id spend more time with my family in general.
Greg

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
this is a good thread to re-post in.  very interesting hearing people's thoughts.  this thread makes u think, while learning from people's actions (good, bad, sad, etc).

on a side note.  where the heck is jsaad?!?! 

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This is too depressing for me to actually write out the reasoning on here, but the short version is that I would not have moved so far away from my family. I would also have kept my friends I grew up with a lot closer geographically. Finding new ones and a new life in a new city is not as easy as I foolishly once thought.

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
If I had ten years back I'd be back in preschool. Sooooo I wouldn't have bit that kid on the hand.