Author Topic: CelticsBlog HOF: Year 2 (2005)  (Read 6482 times)

CelticsBlog HOF: Year 2 (2005)
« on: June 30, 2009, 07:29:02 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I don't have time right now to review the whole 2nd year, but I have a few names that I don't want to get lost in the mix.

C-Bill: Sadly C-Bill is no longer with us. He was a good Celtics fan and a very good man.  We miss him dearly.

Cheap Seats articles: (at that point we had our own version of "FanPosts" that we called "Thoughts from the Cheap Seats" or shortened to "Cheap Seats")
http://celticsblog.wordpress.com/2005/05/25/cheap-seat-ranting/

Master PO: Remember in the movie High Fidelity where the two guys got hired for part time duty at the record store and they just kept showing up every day?  That's Master PO, and I love him for it.  And speaking of which, the other guy that fits that metaphor...

Green17: Started contributing early and often.  Now is the chief editor.  A real treasure for the site.
http://celticsblog2.blogspot.com/2005/05/fast-breaks-by-green-17.html

and more early contributors...

JALN:
http://celticsblog.wordpress.com/2005/05/27/the-fellowship-of-the-miserable-by-jaln/

Bent:
http://celticsblog.wordpress.com/2005/05/26/sack-a-shaq-by-bent/

Gabe Kahn:
http://celticsblog2.blogspot.com/2005/05/who-do-you-just-love-to-hate-by-gabe.html
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: CelticsBlog HOF: Year 2 (2005)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:30:31 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What year did HRB come into the mix, Jeff?  I know he had a ton of posts in the forums, and did the Bill Simmons interview on the front page.  (I think he did some other interviews, as well).  I *think* he was active in 2005, and if so, I'll nominate him as one of the early contributors.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
What year did HRB come into the mix, Jeff?  I know he had a ton of posts in the forums, and did the Bill Simmons interview on the front page.  (I think he did some other interviews, as well).  I *think* he was active in 2005, and if so, I'll nominate him as one of the early contributors.

An excellent nomination, I second it.  I don't recall exactly when he stared either, but we can assume it was 2005.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
by the way, the Bill Simmons interview was in Jan. of 2006 (so I'm sure HRB was here in 2005)

http://www.celticsblog.com/2006/1/31/641972/sportsguy-interview-1-31-0

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
deleted
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:24:54 AM by cdif911 »
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

An excellent nomination, I second it.  I don't recall exactly when he stared either, but we can assume it was 2005.

Yeah, I think it must have been 2005, if not earlier.  I am pretty sure that is when I found this place, and I remember him from when I first started posting.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
My heart and nomination seconded to Po

all Hail the Master.!!!!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
what else did I miss from 2005?  who else remembers drafting Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes?

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Was Year Two the Antoine year?  That's when I came on board, and it was a great time.  I'm sure there have got to be some great front page posts from that time.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
what else did I miss from 2005?  who else remembers drafting Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes?

ohh me
I think i join the blog that year or starting 2006
but had just like 100 post in a full year.
I used to follow boston.com and herald only
when i find this place was a breath of fresh air and all receive me great
even if my english was even worse than now..believe it or not.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I joined this year.  I found the site from reading Hoopshype's many links to you guys in the Rumors/News sections.  Plus, you were one of the few sites that my office (Alcoa) didn't block.  I lurked for a while before joining. 

I think my highlight of the year was the signing of Dan Dickau, and then Big John's amazing reservoir of vitriol that he had saved up for poor Dan.  I mean, the guy shot 100% from the FT line for us (before shredding his achillies).  Unfortunately, I think this led to Big John's banishment, which may have been a good thing in the long run.  That was an angry man.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com