Author Topic: Any superhero MMO players going to try Champions out?  (Read 6604 times)

Any superhero MMO players going to try Champions out?
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
thread link, because it gives a ton of beta review details

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50755

(gee, see if you can figure out what poster i am  :P)

This has my interest, I'll probably be picking it up if the reviews i read tell me its not a time crushing game like WoW. One of the things i liked about COH was that if you had a half hour, you could play it and get something done. (note: before i get the "don't bash wow" posts, i agree it's a very good game i enjoyed, i just don't have the time to play it the way you need to anymore.)

thoughts? anyone going to give it a whirl?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:17:49 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Any superhero MMO players going to try Champions out?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:57:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm thinking about it, I really liked CoH. Just need to convince my brother to give it a try.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:00:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
let me know if you do fafnir, (also, your a mod now? gratz man!!)

I most certainly will pick it up, but do to my new "zero time to do anything but read cases and try not to go insane" lifestyle, i probably will only get playing time on Saturdays (a day im Trying to keep Law school free to stay sane) and perhaps Tuesday and Sunday nights for an hour or so.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 04:03:44 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
let me know if you do fafnir, (also, your a mod now? gratz man!!)

I most certainly will pick it up, but do to my new "zero time to do anything but read cases and try not to go insane" lifestyle, i probably will only get playing time on Saturdays (a day im Trying to keep Law school free to stay sane) and perhaps Tuesday and Sunday nights for an hour or so.

any oppinion on the anime revisited thread crown
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'd do it if it was console. my mac is broken and my laptop is an ancient relic of a long dead civilization upon which there are many theories how they met their demise. My bet was suicide, due to horribly long loading times.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 04:10:20 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
when (if) it comes out for 360 like i last read that it eventually will, i will purchase it...until then, my laptop is pretty much good for internet, solitaire, and typing college papers...but that's all.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:10:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'd do it if it was console. my mac is broken and my laptop is an ancient relic of a long dead civilization upon which there are many theories how they met their demise. My bet was suicide, due to horribly long loading times.

comes out on 360, but not till Christmas. PC gets first crack on September 1st.

That's actually a point of controversy (from what i read in that thread) some of the blocking powers and recovery animations (like being stunned) can be quickened by button mashing or QTE, a clear nod to the 360 getting it.

Seems like some PC gamers have concerns that console gamers may be better at those aspects of the game due to the controller factor.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
side note: best thing ive read is that you create your hero's arch enemy and the game "levels" that NCP as a bad ass boss with his/her own henchman and schemes ect, ect as you get higher, and takes random powers and such.

Thats pretty freaking sweet.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
side note: best thing ive read is that you create your hero's arch enemy and the game "levels" that NCP as a bad ass boss with his/her own henchman and schemes ect, ect as you get higher, and takes random powers and such.

You mean NPC right?

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

You mean NPC right?

yea, my bad, hehe.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 04:58:55 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
thread link, because it gives a ton of beta review details

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50755

You know what´s funny? I´ve downloaded TEW05 a few days ago, and checked their forum yesterday, only to find a poster with the name crownsy ask the same question I had. I knew it was you... ;D

It´s a small world, huh?

On topic, I´m not a fan of MMOs, simply because they eat my time. I know I can get easily addicted to stuff like that, so I stay away from them.
I´ve said to myself that the only MMO I`ll give a try is The Old Republic, simply because I loved to play KOTOR.

But, if Champions is free... ::)  :P
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

On topic, I´m not a fan of MMOs, simply because they eat my time. I know I can get easily addicted to stuff like that, so I stay away from them.

I also avoid them, because of the same reason.

It would be like if I understood I was really addicted to coffee (Call Of Duty/NBA), then I decided to try meth.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 05:10:47 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

I also avoid them, because of the same reason.

It would be like if I understood I was really addicted to coffee (Call Of Duty/NBA), then I decided to try meth.

Yeah, my little brother talked me into WOW on an open server. I had to stop after the first month, because it already started to influence my life. Evil stuff...

Just saw that Champions isn`t free, as I though it was, so I guess it´s nothing for me. I´ll wait for TOR.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 05:11:16 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
WoW is too easy now and not as time consuming as it once was before.

I have really no interest in a Superheroes MMO, but this one sounds interesting.

At any rate when SW: The Old Republic = win

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 05:43:06 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
No. I've heard a lot of poor reviews from the beta testers. 

www.aionsource.com

I chose this instead, already pre-ordered.