Author Topic: CelticsBlog has lost its way.  (Read 44429 times)

Re: CelticsBlog has found its way.
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2009, 12:08:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
man I wish I saw this thread when it first opened.  I just couldn't agree more, ESPECIALLY with regard to moderators.  Two in particular...

I tell you this, I took a 3 year break from this place.  I had my balls broken routinely by moderators and it was clearly due to bias.  I was an enormous Danny basher at the peak of his apparent indecision on the path to rebuilding or going for veterans.  

I always gave him credit for being a fantastic judge of talent, but terrible on FA's, and terrible on trades.  Which he WAS, prior to Ray and KG.

They were drunk on koolaid and hated me for my opinions.  I would talk about BASKETBALL and posters would talk about ME and make it personal, and the moderators would often rule unfaily.  It was obvious.  That's why even though I CAN post here now, I do not do it often bc I found much of the drama in here, especially from a moderator or two, to be quite juvenile and it ruined the experience.

Not for nothing, but three years ago, none of our current moderators were on staff, and the only two administrators that remain the same are Jeff and Green17. 

Also, in the time I've been here I've *never* seen somebody disciplined for not being "pro-Celtics" enough.  If somebody attempted that, Jeff would immediately step in, I guarantee.  In fact, the previous criticism of the staff was that it was too "negative".  So, to each their own, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:13:21 PM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: CelticsBlog has lost its way.
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2009, 12:29:23 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I have decided to come back. There are way too many cool people here for me to stay away. I have really missed CelticsBlog but I guess I just needed a little break. I have put the issues that bothered me to rest. I am glad to be back.

Now, to all those of you who think that I (and cm, for that matter) was mad that Fafnir was "upgraded" to mod status recently: I laugh at the notion. In the We Have a New Star, 100 Tommy Points, etc. threads, who is usually the first one to post? Who spends a lot of time searching for fitting pics for those deserving? Need I answer? Those congratulations are heartfelt. I couldn't be happier for Faf and I hope you believe that. I never wanted to be a mod and even if I did, I would not have the time. It's a simple as that.

PS. And yes, for my second coming, I have decided to use all of the space available from now on ;)

(Instead of my old
style, like this.)

ACF, you were missed. Welcome back!  :)

I hope CM decides to return too.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm going to throw this out there:

I feel like I've been talking to myself a lot lately on here, not sure if it's b/c of people who are lurking and/or left and waiting for the regular season or what, but I've had a ton of posts either unanswered or ignored. Maybe it's the quality of my writing, but it seems like there is less activity and less actual reading of what others are writing going on here...

anyone else feeling this?

i think theres a lot of truth behind this.  i also think a lot of threads get hijacked.  its not always a bad thing, as the thread sometimes gets better once jacked.

I agree with this. I think part of it is people aren't invested because it's the offseason. Part is maybe that, because it's the offseason, people post a lot of "off-topic" forums and it slides other topics off the "latest forum topics" box into the archive...out of sight out of mind.  And i think part is the split between forums and "fan posts." I always forget to check those because I'm so used to the forums.

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im happy your back acf.  it felt empty here without u!

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
this thread has run its course - feel free to open a new topic if you like but I'm locking this one just to start fresh
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)