Author Topic: Welcome to the CB Hall of Fame forum!  (Read 85290 times)

Welcome to the CB Hall of Fame forum!
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Use this forum to talk about nominations for the "Celticsblog Hall of Fame".  Nominees should include members, threads, front page posts, and just about anything else you love about Celticsblog.

nickagneta will be helping out with this forum, and will be in charge of a lot of the structuring.  Please post any questions in this thread, and nick or a member of the staff will try to answer them for you.

P.S.  Yes, we know this forum doesn't show up on the side menu yet.  We're working on it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Welcome to the CB Hall of Fame forum!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:10:46 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I think that this is a great idea, just another way to solidify our already strong community here.  TP for Nick for putting this long time idea into action. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
So length of membership time doesn't matter? Or cheering for GG when we drafted him?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:35:28 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
Like is there any qualifications someone needs just to qualify for voting on, or is everyone considered?

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36:46 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
yes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:24 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
nomination, that was the word i was looking for, any qualifications to just be nominated?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 11:02:44 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
nomination, that was the word i was looking for, any qualifications to just be nominated?

nope
just common sense i guess...
of course there are per year nominations
and the memeber had to be active during that period of time
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I nominate Celtic's Will Solomon post as post of the year. I'll go look for it now.

If I can nominate a second post, it would be the Dr. Manhattan recreation during the Ultimate Draft... I'll find and post them both here.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 11:12:03 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I nominate Celtic's Will Solomon post as post of the year. I'll go look for it now.

If I can nominate a second post, it would be the Dr. Manhattan recreation during the Ultimate Draft... I'll find and post them both here.

That Dr Manhattan post was hilarious. Just pure genius.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »

• Don Chaney
I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
Most random forum topic, has to be "what number will Jason Williams wear?"

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »

• Don Chaney
It's 2009.  I am holding a round rubber ball.  Its atomic structure is pliant, spongy.  A sphere designed to compress and bounce.  It intrigues me, briefly.  A clock ticks on both sides of me.  In twenty-two seconds a buzzer will sound.

It's 1959.  Another clock is ticking.  It is Janey's pocket watch.  The door has locked behind me.  A loud humming begins, increases in intensity.  In twenty-two seconds I will change forever. 

It's a time without a date.  Trillions of years after humanity has disappeared.  Before me, the last star winks out of existence, with a tiny quantum whimper.  It makes a sound not unlike the slow final tick of a pocke****ch that needs to be wound.  I am alone.

It's 2009.  Again the clock ticks.  An opponent, a man of vast power, charges me.  Not for me.  He desires the sphere.  Absentmindedly, I turn myself and the sphere into gas.  In eleven seconds, a buzzer will sound. 

It's 1959.  The intrinsic field subtractor begins to take hold of me.  The hum has become an howl.  The ringing in my ears is unbearable.  In eleven seconds, there will be no ears to cause me pain.  I feel fear for the last time.

It's 2009.  A menagerie of teammates and spectators are shouting.  Shouting at me.  I think about human emotion, try to remember the experience of it.  It is slipping away.  There is a deeper purpose to their shouting, but it is meaningless.  Five seconds later, the buzzer sounds.  A man in a striped shirt is demanding the sphere.  I give it to him.  In twelve seconds, the other team will surrender the sphere after hurling it through a metal circle.  Six seconds after that, I will be holding it again.  All of this has happened before.  All of this will happen again in the second half.  Repeatedly. My teammates are ****ed.  They will be ****ed again later.

It's 2009, later that evening.  A group of badly dressed men with recording devices are shouting questions at me.  They want to know about a game, and failure.  I explain that failure and success are meaningless distinctions, outcomes viewed subjectively through a set of arbitrary criteria. They are not pleased with this response.

The press, the press is taking me apart...

FWF this was solid gold.

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
It's 2009.  I am holding a round rubber ball.  Its atomic structure is pliant, spongy.  A sphere designed to compress and bounce.  It intrigues me, briefly.  A clock ticks on both sides of me.  In twenty-two seconds a buzzer will sound.

It's 1959.  Another clock is ticking.  It is Janey's pocket watch.  The door has locked behind me.  A loud humming begins, increases in intensity.  In twenty-two seconds I will change forever. 

It's a time without a date.  Trillions of years after humanity has disappeared.  Before me, the last star winks out of existence, with a tiny quantum whimper.  It makes a sound not unlike the slow final tick of a pocke****ch that needs to be wound.  I am alone.

It's 2009.  Again the clock ticks.  An opponent, a man of vast power, charges me.  Not for me.  He desires the sphere.  Absentmindedly, I turn myself and the sphere into gas.  In eleven seconds, a buzzer will sound. 

It's 1959.  The intrinsic field subtractor begins to take hold of me.  The hum has become an howl.  The ringing in my ears is unbearable.  In eleven seconds, there will be no ears to cause me pain.  I feel fear for the last time.

It's 2009.  A menagerie of teammates and spectators are shouting.  Shouting at me.  I think about human emotion, try to remember the experience of it.  It is slipping away.  There is a deeper purpose to their shouting, but it is meaningless.  Five seconds later, the buzzer sounds.  A man in a striped shirt is demanding the sphere.  I give it to him.  In twelve seconds, the other team will surrender the sphere after hurling it through a metal circle.  Six seconds after that, I will be holding it again.  All of this has happened before.  All of this will happen again in the second half.  Repeatedly. My teammates are ****ed.  They will be ****ed again later.

It's 2009, later that evening.  A group of badly dressed men with recording devices are shouting questions at me.  They want to know about a game, and failure.  I explain that failure and success are meaningless distinctions, outcomes viewed subjectively through a set of arbitrary criteria. They are not pleased with this response.

The press, the press is taking me apart...

FWF this was solid gold.
I second that nomination.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 02:18:32 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Im trying really hard, I just dont get it
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Im trying really hard, I just dont get it

It's a Watchmen / Dr. Manhattan reference.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions