Author Topic: Boston College Basketball  (Read 48447 times)

Re: Boston College Basketball
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Boston College Hoops:  Disappointing people since 1904

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2011, 12:40:20 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Boston College Hoops:  Disappointing people since 1904

That is true, but they only sold drugs to undercover cops one year.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Don't forget BC gets Oregon transfer Matt Humphrey on the court next year. I have heard from a friend who gets to see the practices once and a while that Humphrey is the best shooter on the team.

If Reggie comes back and we get Humphrey in their next to him along with Anderson and a legit center like Clifford. Guys who need to put in a lot of work this offseason, Elmore and Moton are going to be key.

Elmore is likely going to step into the starting 2/3 role depending on where Humphrey plays and he has always been a great defender. But he has shown flashes of what he can do on offense and now needs to work hard over the summer and make it consistent.

If Donahue could get this years bunch of misfits to the brink of being a tournament team, I think he could get a lineup next year of Jackson-Humphrey-Elmore-Anderson-Clifford close to the tournament again too.

Now all of this changes if Reggie leaves. It will strictly be a rebuilding year where Donahue gets the players he wants into the program and starts to build a better version of his Cornell teams.

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2011, 01:35:43 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Don't forget BC gets Oregon transfer Matt Humphrey on the court next year. I have heard from a friend who gets to see the practices once and a while that Humphrey is the best shooter on the team.

If Reggie comes back and we get Humphrey in their next to him along with Anderson and a legit center like Clifford. Guys who need to put in a lot of work this offseason, Elmore and Moton are going to be key.

Elmore is likely going to step into the starting 2/3 role depending on where Humphrey plays and he has always been a great defender. But he has shown flashes of what he can do on offense and now needs to work hard over the summer and make it consistent.

If Donahue could get this years bunch of misfits to the brink of being a tournament team, I think he could get a lineup next year of Jackson-Humphrey-Elmore-Anderson-Clifford close to the tournament again too.

Now all of this changes if Reggie leaves. It will strictly be a rebuilding year where Donahue gets the players he wants into the program and starts to build a better version of his Cornell teams.

I hope Reggie doesn't leave.

Elmore looked very bad every time I saw him, maybe I'm in the minority on that one.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Well I think we are going to see Clifford coming off the bench to spell Caudill and Anderson

I also think you are going to see Moton at the point because he was our best defender towards the end of the season and was getting alot more minutes down the stretch of the season than elmore.  I think Elmore has fallen out of favor with Donahue.

I would expect to see a team like this

Moton/Daniels
Reggie/Danny Rubin/Lonnie Jackson
Humphrey/Elmore/Oddio
Anderson/Clifford
Caudill/Clifford

I would love to see this lineup though
Reggie/Moton
Lonnie Jackson/Rubin
Elmore/Humphrey
Anderson/Clifford
Caudill/Clifford

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:50:12 PM by Rondo2287 »
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Not that it's real suprising, but Reggie has put his name in for the draft. Hasn't hired an agent so there's a chance he may come back. But it doesnt sound too likely, especially if Chad Ford is right, and he could go in the later part of the lottery.

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This draft is just so bad with NBA type talent. Reggie is a great player with some potential as a pro but if he is being considered near the lottery, then I have zero hope the C's pull ANYONE out of this draft that will be an asset for them.

Sorry, but looking at the talent coming out, this could be the worse draft in 20-25 years. After the top 2-4 players, we could see the entire rest of the draft littered with end of bench players or complete misses.

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Worst move BC ever made was joining the ACC.  They will never be in the elite of the league, UNC, Duke, Florida St and Maryland, and hardly ever make the NCAA tourney.

IF they had stayed in the Big East, they would get in every single year and keep a large group of New England, NYC, Philly and DC kids.  Why would you go to BC when you can go to UConn, Georgetown or North Carolina, Maryland and play in the NCAAs every season?

The 2nd worst move was getting rid of Al Skinner. 

BC sold out for Football $$$ and their BBall program will suffer and never be a good as it was between 2000-2010.

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
BC Signed its Final 2011 recruit to round out the class now that Reggie Jackson is leaving for the NBA.

6'6'' SF Patrick Heckman from Germany. 

Here is the scouting report on him, says he can play the 1,2,or 3

http://www.umhoops.com/2010/12/13/european-to-watch-patrick-heckmann/

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Penn State over BC at BC right in front of Doug Flutie last night. It's all I could ask for

« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Penn State over BC at BC right in front of Doug Flutie last night. It's all I could ask for

Ha, 9 Freshman and they kept it competitive.  Honest to god, I see some pretty looking shots from those kids and then you see somebody brick a free throw.  Must be pretty darn nervous. 

But PSU looked pretty impressive at times!

« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Right now PSU's record is pretty good, which is sorta rare in basketball. PSU's bball team having a good year would be the best possible thing that could happen for PSU right about now. Other than that investigation thing going well.

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:59 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Not sure if anybody saw the BC vs Maryland game last night but BC is really starting to figure it out and won by 11 points.  Maryland has a top 10 pick on their team in Alex Len, but he best player on the court last night was BC's freshman Olivier Hanlan

Hanlan had 26 points on 9-14 shooting to go along with 7 boards and 2 steals.  He was an absolute beast during the game.

Finally Eddie Odio continues to improve coming up with an awesome stat line of 8 points, 11 rebounds and 6 blocks.

Overall, a great win for the team and hopefully something they can build on while they try to avenge their one point loss to Duke earlier in the season at Cameron Indoor on sunday.

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
NBADraft.net‏@nbadraftnet4m
Boston College PG Olivier Hanlan has been the biggest surprise. Best shooter here with crafty ability to break down defenders. '14 SLEEPER.

Kinda funny that the last post in here was about Hanlan outshining potential top 10 pick alex len.

#NousSommesBC

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2013, 01:20:10 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
And NBAdraft.net has Jake Layman of King Phillip going in the first round in 2015